• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question for Silverstone NSX owners

I am considering the purchase of a 2001 Silverstone color NSX, with 9000 miles. I noticed that the paint on the front and rear bumpers do not have the same reflective quality as the paint on the rest of the car.

Is this typical for Silverstone cars?

Many thanks!

They may appear slightly different because the front and rear bumpers are made of a different material than the rest of the car.

However, my silverstone doesn't look like that. :confused:

Flex agent is added to the paint when painting flexible parts of the car. It will slightly change the color of the paint. The flex agent is necessary so that when you push on the bumpers, the paint won't crack.

Certain colors are more apparent than others; especially metalic paint. Not a big deal.

If you are concerned if any parts of the body panel have been replaced, then make sure that each panel has the VIN # sticker. ie: the hood, front left and right fender...the front chasis, both doors, trunk, rear left and right trunk, etc.

Good luck.

I noticed mine seemed to change colors a bit, depending on the light. Nothing major. Under a camera flash the paint seemed lighter than other parts of the car but with the naked eye i've noticed no differences. The body shop that painted my car after the widebody even seemed to be extremely close in color. Silverstone is a beautiful color clean and waxed.

vtec888 said:
If you are concerned if any parts of the body panel have been replaced, then make sure that each panel has the VIN # sticker. ie: the hood, front left and right fender...the front chasis, both doors, trunk, rear left and right trunk, etc.

Good luck.

I'm pretty sure any body shop worth their salt can transfer those stickers, and you'd never know.

You know you could paint the original bumper and leave the vin tag alone.

in any case, it should be EASY to see if anything on the car has been repainted....I guess you have to have an eye for it, but do an extremely close inspection and you can find flaws.

timothyaw said:
You're selling your NSX? If I remember correctly didn't you just buy it a year or less ago? Why are you selling? Just curious.

Yep... I bought it about a year ago... love the car...
but life changes... wife and I are expecting a baby, looking to buy real estate and start a practice-business... so will probably rebuy an nsx in a few years...

skinnydoc said:
so will probably rebuy an nsx in a few years...

umm..been there, done that. You will get into another one sooner than you think. I am already finding myself searching a bit, and it has only been 2 weeks since I sold mine!

I'd just check the bumpers for tape lines in the jams, probably the easiest way to see if they've been resprayed... if they werent completely taken off and redone...

Back