• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Questions for the locals here in Houston

EDITED: Due to the lack of responses to the original questions, I have put everything else on hold.

As for my personal life, I am addressing that right now and will keep ya updated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Dude, you are crazy!

If you decide to part out your car, I would love to take the gauges off your hands. I don't really want the pillar pod though. You aren't leaving before the March TDE are you?!?!?! Who will I steal garage space and cigs from!!! :biggrin:

Hey matt,

Looks like your looking for a change in life. Seems you have accomplished alot and just need a change and experience something new and challenging. If you have no other obligations family, career a change would be good. I've been to Sydney Australia and it's amazing there! if I didn't have a family and bills to pay I would definitely move there. Although you would probably regret selling the NSX you can always purchase one again later. Or you can just leave me your NSX and I can watch it for you until you come back =)

But on a serious note, a life change that your looking to pursue would be healthy and something you can look back and say you've experienced.

Good luck on your decision!

Dennis

Matt,
I've been knowing you for a while(Since the s2k), actually alot longer than any of the nsx guys! From everything you have done in the past, i am not surprise you want to do this. i have to agree with your parents, i think before you start doing anything, you need to go see DR. Phil or something!

give me a call if you want to have someone to talk about this!

take care!!
Tommy

WTF!!! I think someone needs to get laid to get their brain functioning properly! :biggrin:

....not that I'm offering, you sicko!

Last edited:
Matt' you are not crazy...

Actually i'm in the same boat as you....bored....there is an article in the issue of June 2005 Men's Journal magazine about 99 things to do before you die. I can let you borrow if you like. :wink:

Don't listen to them Matt, they are after your parts!!!!! :biggrin:

Call me crazy or any other name you want after reading this thread.

Lately, I've been thinking of selling everything I own and leaving my job and moving to another city where I don't know a single person or even go to Australia for a year or so. Although I'm not a college aged kid, I'd like to turn my world upside down in a manner of speaking.

I'm also thinking about going back to school fulltime to get my MBA so that is another option.

Anyway, I have a lot of parts on my car (and I have my car title in hand) and I am thinking of parting it out since I will lose too much if I sell it as a package deal. So, here are the questions.

1. Are there any NA2 guys out there that want an autorotor CTSC along with all of the SPA gauges with the pillar pod? You would have to trade me your stock parts that I am missing to return my car to NA. We can talk about pricing when it gets to that point along with the logistics of the deal.

2. Any 2002+ guys want to trade their taillights + cash for my clearcorner LED tails?

3. And 1 last item would be the hood that is on my car. I need a 2002+ hood + cash for my hood.

These are some hurdles that I face before I can even consider doing what I am thinking about doing (which is wander the world). And I have a ton more parts on the car, it's just that these are the major hurdles for me to decide whether or not to part out or just list it up on autotrader, cars.com, ebay as is.

Anyway, I'd like to get some feedback and if I can get these 3 requirements fulfilled, then I'd like to move forward with my plan.

Oh yeah, I spoke to my folks about my plan and they want me to see a shrink first before doing anything. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm bored at work and decided to click in this regional forum.. and I had to post. I feel EXACTLY the same way. I've been to Australia and I've wanted to move there ever since. Also I've been to London, Jamaica and a few other places more than once this year. I just keep thinking about the endless possibilities out there and what I'm missing out on.. I could be a P.M. for a resort in the caribbean or riding the tube to work for a corp in London.
I sometimes have to sit back and wonder if I'm not living life to its fullest here and now and that is why I"m always looking for something different.. I don't know what to do and it feels like time is just flying/passing by..

Not only do I have an NsX to worry about, but selling a house in a market like this... :frown:
OH and I do get laid every night and my girl is beautiful (I'd think about taking her..maybe haha).. so thats not it :tongue:

Matt, I've had the same job for 31 years. Thats the same routine for "31" years. Although I'm only in my 40's, I feel I've missed out on everything life offers. I'm not saying my life has been bad, it's really pretty good, I do have a wonderful daughter I could never leave. But there are many of us who don't/did'nt have the opportunity your suggesting. You should enjoy your life to it's fullest because if not, you will look back one day and regret not taking that step. Trust me, I've looked back, I know. GL in your decision.

definitly nice to get rid of all the responsibilities and travel the world for a year :smile:

nice to go to a town where no one knows your name.

I would go for it. That will probably be the adventure of a life time.

Matt, this is sad news for all us if you decide to go. I think this is a big decision so my recommendation is take your time to think it through, don't rush it and keep your options open. Best of luck to you.

Matt_337

Okay I really shouldn't write this as I'm a private guy but here is a story that might motivate you.

I was married for 5 years and moved to Abu Dhabi, UAE in 2005 for my wifes career. I said goodbye to family, great friends, and my own career to support someone I really cared about. We left Canada selling our new home, cars, etc. and landed in the UAE June of 2005. A few months passed and my wife told me she wanted a divorce. No friends, family, job, living across the globe, and a wife that doesn't want you around - not perfect. So I picked myself up cold called companies and took whatever paying job I could to get by and support myself until things calmed down. Fortunately, I was held in high regard with my former boss and he pulled off the lifeline of the century putting me in touch with a company constructing a project on The Palm Jumeirah (Palm Tree Shaped Island project in Dubai). I took the job and my future has been very rosy every since...

Why am I telling you this?

Well in the 2.5 years I've been away from Canada my life has changed incredibly and I'm so fortunate for it. I've travelled to Italy (Italian Grand Prix), New Zealand (4-Play Skydiving, Bungy Jumping, Whitewater rafting, and Helicopter tour), celebrated friends birthdays in Hong Kong, participated in a yacht race in Thailand, flown to Bahrain and seen the F1 race there, flew to the U.S. and bought my NSX, just came back from France and a killer snowboarding vacation, seen Istanbul Turkey, did a 1 week surf school oon the Gold Coast in Australia...things I would have dreamed about and never done had I not took the chance and moved to the UAE.

Sure things haven't been ideal but unless you break free from the norm there is a whole world out there to explore and I highly suggest living in another country just to grow. Your family will be upset and won't understand why you are taking a chance but in the end they will support and love you regardless - trust me many a tears shed when I left!

Life is quite short and NSX ownership is nice but not something that should dictate how you live your life. If you feel like selling it - go on - you'll always be able to get another in the future.

I guess I need to add my two cents here. Matt.....you're a big boy and it's your life so personally, I think you should live it like you want. You only go around once and life is too short to be unhappy or unsatisfied if you can do something about it.

Good luck with whatever decision or course of action you take.....

Dennisw

My original post was intended to see if I could possibly line up locals that were wanting my parts for their parts. But I see based on the replies, that this thread has turned more philosophical.

Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate each and every one of them.

Without having to quote each person individually, I want to thank you for sharing your advice.

I am going on a vacation in a couple of weeks so I will make sure to take plenty of time to think about this. At the same time, I've been feeling like this ever since I came back from working overseas in 2004. At first, I was thinking that I needed to adjust from being an ex-pat. But the more of the world I do see, the less exciting life is in just one place. I guess that's the reward for retirement. You get to travel and do stuff whenever you want.

What to do....what to do......

Don't worry. I will think long and hard about it.

Hey David,

Expat is a term reserved for people who work abroad. Expatriate isthe technical term for it.

OP,
I've heard many a many stories of people who have left the U.S. and Canada to work elsewhere in the world. Once they try to return home alot of people have a hard time simply because your almost given more opportunity elsewhere.

Sorry to kill your post regarding parts but I felt you needed to hear a story that might motivate you/help you.

Cameron

Hey David,

Expat is a term reserved for people who work abroad. Expatriate isthe technical term for it.

OP,
I've heard many a many stories of people who have left the U.S. and Canada to work elsewhere in the world. Once they try to return home alot of people have a hard time simply because your almost given more opportunity elsewhere.

Sorry to kill your post regarding parts but I felt you needed to hear a story that might motivate you/help you.

Cameron

Cameron

I can relate to your story in a way. I was able to go on a safari in S. Africa along with a dream golf trip while down there on one of my r&r's while overseas. I then did an Asia trip on another one.

Anyway, I appreciate it.

Oh no!! I am going to lose another Track buddy.:tongue:

J/K - Matt - go explore the world. I try to justify my life by taking nice vacations but it is not the same as living in a new place for a year or two.

Ridding yourself of the car would provide a clean break – that’s true. Just stashing it would be easier, and preserve the (perhaps irreplaceable later) items that you have embellishing it.
Strike out for new horizons as you will, but I would urge you to consider, if monetarily possible, holding onto the NSX. I’ve just heard so many stories of seller’s regret. Plus it could serve as a sort of symbolic thing: always, in the back of your mind, you’d know that there is a beautiful car in a warehouse, up on blocks, sleeping, waiting.
Years from now when the wanderlust has faded you can whip the cover off and hit the road with an old friend already modded to your taste (and your NSX buddies will be glad to see you’re back).

Ridding yourself of the car would provide a clean break – that’s true. Just stashing it would be easier, and preserve the (perhaps irreplaceable later) items that you have embellishing it.
Strike out for new horizons as you will, but I would urge you to consider, if monetarily possible, holding onto the NSX. I’ve just heard so many stories of seller’s regret. Plus it could serve as a sort of symbolic thing: always, in the back of your mind, you’d know that there is a beautiful car in a warehouse, up on blocks, sleeping, waiting.
Years from now when the wanderlust has faded you can whip the cover off and hit the road with an old friend already modded to your taste (and your NSX buddies will be glad to see you’re back).

This is a very good idea, you have to keep the future in mind. Definitely one to really consider Matt.

Matt, I've had the same job for 31 years. Thats the same routine for "31" years. Although I'm only in my 40's, I feel I've missed out on everything life offers. I'm not saying my life has been bad, it's really pretty good, I do have a wonderful daughter I could never leave. But there are many of us who don't/did'nt have the opportunity your suggesting. You should enjoy your life to it's fullest because if not, you will look back one day and regret not taking that step. Trust me, I've looked back, I know. GL in your decision.

I say do it:wink: ! I sold everything I owned in '04 and was moving to Amsterdam for a change of life. I know people there so I had work and housing lined up but due to a serious family health issue I was needed here so I stayed. I will live abroad one day though.

Best of Luck,
Gregg

well man I say go for it... I did the same thing back in 2000. I was 21 though.

I sold my 91 NSX, sold my house, broke up with my gf and packed all the stuff I could fix into my 95 accord and drove to Los Angeles from Atlanta... I can say I never regretted it! what an amazing journey its been.

Sounds to me like you've already made up your mind. Sounds a lot like me back then heh everything I did was in preparation for this one way trip! DO IT! :biggrin:

Back