• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

questions

I have proudly bought an nsx yyyaaahhhooo finally.
1st ? what is stock suspension
2nd? would any of you know. I had bought a salavage nsx the dealer cant change the autocheck to say salvage it says junk. The question is. Can I sue the dealer for selling me an nsx saying it was salvage and in fact they should have sold it to me as a junk nsx, do I have gronds to sue,
3rd ? does anyone now a lawyer in baldwin California
I hope someone can help me, I have gone through no less than hell to have the finest machine out there as far as I'm concerned.
Please and Thank you

Congratulations on NSX ownership, I think :rolleyes::rolleyes: Check this link out... http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Main_Page. lots of info

Your Avatar or lack thereof Says Canada? You there or in California? Where did you buy the car?

Did you do a pre-purchase inspection before buying the car?

Did you read the sales contract to see what it said?

Lawyer = not going to touch that one......

p.s. do you have a flame suit?

Last edited:
LMAOOOOOO!:biggrin:

i have a feeling this may be the *unintentionally* funniest thread ever.

Don't mind me, I'm here for the flaming. *grabs popcorn*

At least you're proud of your purchase... and looking to either sue the seller, or return the car.

:confused:

p.s. do you have a flame suit?

At least you're proud of your purchase... and looking to either sue the seller, or return the car.

Last edited:
Darcy

Sounds like a situation akin to marrying a beautiful woman from a foreign mail order catalog only to find out she has been pimped hard in the back alleys of Amsterdam, Bangkok, Odessa, and a dozen other cities.

enough of the funny stuff... seriously

You need to give us a play by play of how your transaction was conducted

step by step

Start with how you found the car and take it from there...

-
*grabs popcorn from Track Addict*

Yes, and please inform us of how in Canada some cars are deemed by the government non-rebuildable, so never again can be registered for road use.
It sounds like you bought the car thinking that it could be rebuilt, but have subsequently found that Canada says otherwise (???)

Brian

I have proudly bought an nsx yyyaaahhhooo finally.
1st ? what is stock suspension
2nd? would any of you know. I had bought a salavage nsx the dealer cant change the autocheck to say salvage it says junk. The question is. Can I sue the dealer for selling me an nsx saying it was salvage and in fact they should have sold it to me as a junk nsx, do I have gronds to sue,
3rd ? does anyone now a lawyer in baldwin California
I hope someone can help me, I have gone through no less than hell to have the finest machine out there as far as I'm concerned.
Please and Thank you

you have grons to sue yourself

A) I have proudly bought an nsx yyyaaahhhooo finally

B) I have gone through no less than hell to have the finest machine out there does not equal

C)nsx saying it was salvage and in fact they should have sold it to me as a junk nsx

Darcy

Sounds like a situation akin to marrying a beautiful woman from a foreign mail order catalog only to find out she has been pimped hard in the back alleys of Amsterdam, Bangkok, Odessa, and a dozen other cities.

LOL...>Bangkok

yes you should sue the seller because you did not get junk.:confused:

Come on guys, let's go easy as it was the OP's first post. Give him a chance to search the link that was posted and respond from there.

BTW Just put my flame suit on.:tongue:

Maybe he does not know much about cars so I understand. You guys would not like it if you asked a NSX expert a question and looked at you like you are dumb or something like that. We all start to learn stuff little by little.

kick ass avatar man.!

Maybe he does not know much about cars so I understand. You guys would not like it if you asked a NSX expert a question and looked at you like you are dumb or something like that. We all start to learn stuff little by little.

Welcome to NSX Prime. :smile:

1) stock suspension is the OEM suspension set up from the factory.
2) advertising a car with a salvage title gives the buyer notice that the title is branded. It could be junk, salvage, or rebuilt. What difference does it make to you? Regardless of the type of branding, you should have known that you were buying a car that had damage in excess of the car's worth therefore it is salvage
3)sorry I dont have a recommendation for you.

Last edited:
no disrespect meant,just trying to be funny,but you have a good point.

so here is a great description of the care put into the stock suspension from a book given to early owners

http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/press/tidh/tidh-34.htm
be sure to check out the next page from this book,too,which you can click on at the bottom of the link. the control arms are a work of art

legendary formula 1 driver ayrton senna also helped in development

Last edited:
Yes, and please inform us of how in Canada some cars are deemed by the government non-rebuildable, so never again can be registered for road use.
It sounds like you bought the car thinking that it could be rebuilt, but have subsequently found that Canada says otherwise (???)

Brian
Best logical answer yet. In Texas there is a difference in "salvage" and "unrebuildable" If one of our cop cars is hit hard enough, we will apply for an unrebuildable title from Austin, then off to the auction it goes. This title "supposedly" keeps the buyer from rebuilding/repairing and reselling to the general public as it is sold for parts only at the auction. Does it happen, kinda sounds like your case.

does it drive and haul ass? does it look good. are there any issues with the car besides the title that you have locked in a safe.
and the only people that know its salvage is you and your insurance company. then who cares what the carfax says.

now about not knowing the car was salvaged thats your bad.

I know somewhere in the Bill of sale from the dealer it says " AS IS " no warranty etc.

those commercials are right " show me the carfax not carFOX "

you learned a hard lesson but if your gonna drive the hell out of it then do just that.

save up and get another one with a Clean Title

if the car was rebuild right then no worries

i've come to look forward to shawn's posts.

always great knowledgable advice but delivered in the most sarcastic, brute force, in your face, funny way; regardless of the topic.

does it drive and haul ass? does it look good. are there any issues with the car besides the title that you have locked in a safe.
and the only people that know its salvage is you and your insurance company. then who cares what the carfax says.

now about not knowing the car was salvaged thats your bad.

I know somewhere in the Bill of sale from the dealer it says " AS IS " no warranty etc.

those commercials are right " show me the carfax not carFOX "

you learned a hard lesson but if your gonna drive the hell out of it then do just that.

save up and get another one with a Clean Title

if the car was rebuild right then no worries

MYW, I try and sugar coat it at times LOL but when your given the facts
you cant say you were never told ya know.

8400rpm were you really just kidding? if you need parts let me know I have tons of them laying around.

as for the OP. my point was just drive it, redline it from stop sign to stop sign like me.

I just got a ticket the other day, they didnt have time to clock my speed. so they had to give me something so I got a careless driving ticket. they told me "we know you were speeding but by the time I got my radar gun up you were stopped at the light" "how fast were you going?" I said 35mph the cop said yeah right.

Back