• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quick Jack

Due to my low ceilings in my garage I cannot go with a normal lift. I saw Quick Jack pop up on my Facebook feed. I looked at it and it looks like it could fit my needs. Has anyone used/owned Quick Jack? Maybe in 5 years when I build my next home I should have a high enough ceiling for a normal Jack.

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-systems/bl-5000slx-portable-car-lift.html

How high are your ceilings? Mine are only 9’ and I went with a 2-post baseplate lift. Although I don’t get too much lift height because of the ceiling, it’s more than the quick jack. And I think it was less expensive ($1400). I was able to put the towers between the girders above as they are about 9’3” tall. Just something to consider.

The quick jack seems like a pretty good solution if you really can’t fit a regular lift. Oh actually so was thinking of the MaxJax. Does the QuickJack go high enough to do a clutch change?

How high are your ceilings? Mine are only 9’ and I went with a 2-post baseplate lift. Although I don’t get too much lift height because of the ceiling, it’s more than the quick jack. And I think it was less expensive ($1400). I was able to put the towers between the girders above as they are about 9’3” tall. Just something to consider.

The quick jack seems like a pretty good solution if you really can’t fit a regular lift. Oh actually so was thinking of the MaxJax. Does the QuickJack go high enough to do a clutch change?

89.2 inches 83.2 inches where a Support beam goes through.

I have the quickjack and highly recommend it. It's easy to operated and feels much safer than jack stands.

They are very heavy though, so I can't see myself hauling them around to other peoples houses or the track. I just went with the wall powered unit as it is much easier. Some assembly is required, but it is pretty simple. It seems like they are constantly improving the product too. It seems they use a newer pump now and it looks a lot nicer.

One issue I have is after awhile the lines can get hard to connect because of the fluid/pressure inside them. I found connecting the ramps and then the pump made it easier.

This may help with the issue though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW2KBxwK8rM

I have a MaxJax which I really like. My ceilings are almost 10' so a normal 2 post would've worked. Since I'm 6'6 I would've had to hunch over to stand up under a normal lift anyway. Most cars (with a 10') ceiling you won't get the car to the full rise on the lift anyway unless you have a Lam Muira. You really need 12' ceilings to get most cars all the way up it seemed to me.

i just sit on a creeper stool or on the creeper itself and is comfortable.

I ditched the roller cart unit (its a hassle) and hard mounted mine to the wall. I also added upgraded overhead lines I can still disconnect. I chose the MaxJax due to being able to move the columns out of the way if I need. In reality I've never completely had to move them out of the space. A normal lift would've probably have worked and just not taking it all the way up. My MaxJax at full rise almost makes normal cars hit the ceiling anyway. Sports cars on the lift are about 2' or closer to the ceiling.

Last edited:
My garage is really small for big car lift, how many inches does the quick jack move the car to the front/back between up and down?
That garage the floor is tilted some, when I let go of parking brake car would slide back slowly, not very slowly it's more than slow actually. Noticed a decent amount of difference in coolant level when I park it on leveled ground. Don't use quickjack in that garage or a little tilt in the ground is ok?

Last edited:
Which model Quickjack do you guys use, the 3500 or 5000? The 3500 should be mire than fine for the NSX?

5000 is what most use, plus they are on sale at Costco.

Many thanks. Checking the dimensions, the 5000 fits the jacking points better.
We have Costco over here in the UK but I don't think they have the Quickjack.

I didn't realize you were from the UK. They might have them. Otherwise online.

Which model Quickjack do you guys use, the 3500 or 5000? The 3500 should be mire than fine for the NSX?

I've had a 3500 for a few years, it works fine lifting my '91 NSX.
I use it to lift my Hyundai Tucson too - no problem.

Kind of expensive if you have to import it yourself though... (shipping and duties kill you - I'm in Canada).

I guess that I'm faster with a jack and jackstands with less hassle and tools. If I'd have to lift it frequently I'd go for a flat (to the ground) lift you don't have to move every time you want to work on it.

From what I've seen is that the jack point distance is fix per side. 3500 doesn't fit the NSX jack points.

Last edited:
I guess that I'm faster with a jack and jackstands with less hassle and tools. If I'd have to lift it frequently I'd go for a flat (to the ground) lift you don't have to move every time you want to work on it.

From what I've seen is that the jack point distance is fix per side. 3500 doesn't fit the NSX jack points.

You're right, the spacing is a little off, but the sills are so solid you can get away with lifting almost anywhere. Remember there's a jack point in the middle of the sill too - they're really strong! I have to admit though, Quick Jacks aren't so quick sometimes - they take awhile to position just right.

Another Quickjack mod....
I park my NSX over the top, so when I reach under to drag the jacks into position, sometimes the hydraulic lines get in the way. I made a little clamp / bar to hold the lines in position, so they don't get trapped. Seems to work OK so far. The clamps are just plastic but seem up to the task, will try to find something more substantial if these ones fail.
Screenshot_20210503-164927_Gallery.jpg

Back