• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

R-77P TouchUp Paint? Formula Red - How close?

The only touch up paint I can get from my Acura Dealer is R-77P from the 1977 colour book. He says the P stands for Pearl but any pearl he has seen isn't noticeable.
Anybody know more about this.
I've got one on order since its only 7 bucks.
tRev
p.s. I'm not using this to touch up the hood or anything like that, just some lower areas. Hum, just a thought, if I get 100 of these, that would be a really inexpensive paint job. I could do the whole car!!! Down to Home Depot to get some brushes.

ffffanman said:
Hum, just a thought, if I get 100 of these, that would be a really inexpensive paint job. I could do the whole car!!! Down to Home Depot to get some brushes.

haha, each bottle has 0.44 ounces.. 44 ounces of paint for $700. painting a nsx with a paintbrush. :p

Hmmmm I don't know Trev, but I can tell you on most red NSXes I inspected when looking for mine, I have yet to see touch-up paint successfully matched to the body paint. The touch up paint is always darker and stands out like a spot of mud.

Back