• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R&T Owner Satisfaction surveys - tops all time

I couldn't find out the exact numbers for the NSX, but Road and Track said the following in a recent owner satisfaction survey they did for 2002-2005 Minis:

"When we asked the owners if they'd buy another Mini, 88 percent said yes. In our 22 most recent surveys, only the Acura NSX, Chevrolet Corvette C-5 and Lexus LS beat that figure."

Says a lot, since owners are by far the most knowledgeable in all aspects about the cars. Does anyone recall the numbers for the NSX?

(Sorry if a repost, but I couldn't find anything in a brief search.)

Actually, the NSX placed higher than any other car they ever tested as I recall. I think that was skewed because they only surveyed original owners, and since most of the cars were sold from '91 to '93, their sample was probably skewed towards people that had owned one for 10+ years (and so probably really liked it). Of course, I'd like to think that it's simply because the NSX is such a great car, but you've got to take everything into account.

Kirthasa said:
Actually, the NSX placed higher than any other car they ever tested as I recall. I think that was skewed because they only surveyed original owners, and since most of the cars were sold from '91 to '93, their sample was probably skewed towards people that had owned one for 10+ years (and so probably really liked it).
Not true on either account. They did not limit the survey to original owners, and the survey was published in the mid nineties (around '94-95, I think) so no one had owned one for ten years at that time. Not even me.

Wheelman said:
That doesn't say much:eek:

Yeah, but corvette owners are crazy. Most of them have owned corvettes for generations....you could slap a corvette logo on a chevette and they'd buy it.

Crazy I tell ya.

Back