• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Radiator and Heater hose clamps

I am interested if any of the members have used a product by Gates called "PowerGrip SB clamps" for radiator and heater hoses.

It is a wide thermoplastic heat shrink band that is suppose to hold better than metal clamps. It sounds good but I would like some feedback.

If you purchased the clamps where did you get them?

Thanks in advance...
Gale

Yes you do have to cut them off.

Last edited:
Once it shrinks up, can you remove it without cutting it? Sounds like something maybe for a show car, but personally, give me the old screw clamps anyday. I've never had one fail.

>>It's a very clever re-marketing of the shrink wrap used to cover connections and splices in electricial wiring.

That's like saying electrical shrink wrap is a very clever re-marketing of cling-type food coverings.

Truth is, the Gates clamps are a great replacement for a very old product (the spring type of metal hose clamp). The product gets tighter each time you run the engine, it looks terrific (reason alone for many here), and it removes the likelihood of cutting your hands in the engine bay. They are available at most truck supply houses.

Soichiro, how do you remove them? I'm assuming you have to cut them carefully to avoid knicking the hoses, then reinstall a new one each time.

Back