• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rattle sound coming from driver door

I have a more vibration like sound caused from decel rather than a click type sound that is commonly associated with the ABS. I want to say it sounds like its coming from the driverside door somewhere. At a higher rpm decel, the sound almost sounds like a whine rather than a rattle. To me, it really sounds like a bolt is loose, and vibrating really really quickly against a panel. Think of the sound that a playing card makes when u put the corner of it thru the vent in an oscillating fan. Thats almost what it sounds like. The rate of "click/rattle" seems to be consistent with where my rpms are in decel. I can reproduce the sound fairly consistently from finding just the right rpm in a very light decel. Nothing else causes the rattle. Going over bumps wouldn't cause it, acceleration doesn't cause it, braking. Even at idle its dead quiet.

Last edited:
So, I found out that I've been able to both stop the noise and create it effectively. To recap, on a decel only, starting from about 5k rpm, I hear a buzzing/rattling sound coming from near the driverside footwell, door area. To stop this noise, all I have to do is rest my foot on the clutch pedal, just enough to take up the slack before it has any positive pressure. Just like that the sound stops completely. The second I let up on it, the buzz comes back, and then the buzz goes silent when i'm at a stop/idle.

Back