• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ready for 1st NSX

Hello everyone:
First time user and ready to finally get an NSX. I have found one blk/blk '91 with very low mileage. It is in the snapring range with no record of being corrected. Beautiful untouched original. What consideration should I look for to balance the snapring issue. I don't expect to race or modify it. Hope to keep it for an extended length of time. Also any expert independent NSX mechanics in Midwest that could do it properly and at what approx cost. Or do I just know it is a potential problem and enjoy the car as is. Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
I am guessing this is the car you talking about... http://autotrader.autos.msn.com/fyc...8&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=557

Here is some more info on the car from the dealer....

"The carfax is clean on this vehicle. It has had two owners. The second owner lives here in Indianapolis and has had the vehicle since 1995, and is part of the Andretti/Green racing team. I can also fax you the carfax report if you would like.

As far as additional information on the vehicle. We did complete all the services that were needed to be completed and done some additional maintenance to the vehicle. We have also done about $6400 in maintenance repair to the vehicle.

When we purchased it - The master cylinder needed replaced. We have taken care of that and the little odds and ends, but it is things that you will not have to worry about at all. It has all keys and two remotes that fully work."

The car looks great, but almost to good to be true....just be careful!

Last edited:
I personally think that is a little high priced for a 91' in snap ring range. The low mileage is cool but I would expect it be around 31k instead. Just my two cents.

Car sits much lower on 7 spoke wheels. Untouched original? I don't think so, but it's still nice :biggrin:

"We have also done about $6400 in maintenance repair to the vehicle."

Is it not "OK" to say what was performed?

Geez.........

"We have also done about $6400 in maintenance repair to the vehicle."

Is it not "OK" to say what was performed?

Geez.........
+1, Thats a lot of maintanance repairs for a low mileage car. Post repairs here so you can get some feedback.

What repairs were done the cost $6400.00 dollars.:confused:

I have the faxed invoices on this car that total almost $6,400 in repairs. I was interested in buying the car when it first came in before the repairs happened, but the price changed when the put all of that money into it. I was skeptical too until they sent me the invoices. This is a VERY clean car. The underside looks like it has never been in the rain. Well worth the money for whoever buys it.

+1, Thats a lot of maintanance repairs for a low mileage car. Post repairs here so you can get some feedback.

Here is what I show on the invoices:

Full vehicle inspection
3,750 mile service
Replaced Anti-lock brake unit
Replaced ABS modulator
Replaced ABS accumulator and pump motor
Flushed brake fluid
Replaced antenna mast
Replaced thermostat
Removed and cleaned washer nozzles
Replaced (4) hatch struts (I am guessing this means trunk and hatch)

Total: $6,285.51

I would actually feel a bit better knowing that these relatively common items were replaced and are fresh. For a rarely driven car, these items could very easily go bad, but now they are fresh, at the dealers expense. This is a clean car from what I saw with my own eyes.

Here is what I show on the invoices:

Full vehicle inspection
3,750 mile service
Replaced Anti-lock brake unit
Replaced ABS modulator
Replaced ABS accumulator and pump motor
Flushed brake fluid
Replaced antenna mast
Replaced thermostat
Removed and cleaned washer nozzles
Replaced (4) hatch struts (I am guessing this means trunk and hatch)

Total: $6,285.51

I would actually feel a bit better knowing that these relatively common items were replaced and are fresh. For a rarely driven car, these items could very easily go bad, but now they are fresh, at the dealers expense. This is a clean car from what I saw with my own eyes.
Mitch:
I wish your reply had been posted 24 hrs earlier. Being first time buyer I hesitated until I could get all information. Car sold yesterday afternoon. Guess I would rather miss one than go ahead and be suprised after the purchase with problems. Must be others out there, I'll just have to be patient.
Duane

Hang in there, you will find the car of your dreams. It took me a couple of years to find mine. It was in nashville tn. I flew down picked it up and had the best 15 hour test drive home.

Mitch:
I wish your reply had been posted 24 hrs earlier. Being first time buyer I hesitated until I could get all information. Car sold yesterday afternoon. Guess I would rather miss one than go ahead and be suprised after the purchase with problems. Must be others out there, I'll just have to be patient.
Duane

Sorry man. I do not really participate much on the site as much as I used to for various reasons. You should have just asked the salesman. That is what I did, and he faxed me everything. If you need any help checking out any local NSXs, let me know and I would be happy to help. Have you driven any yet? How much experience have you had with the NSX? You will love it once you get one. They are wonderful cars.

Mitch:
Duane

Duane you didn't miss out if the car sold for 34k because this car still needed the following per dealer rates. The ABS is not very important and only comes on during very hard stops, many people are not even using them or simply disconnect them when they fail.

1. Timing belt Servive $1700-2000 Depending on dealer rates
2. Possible all fluid change, air filter, fuel filter, $400
3. A/C Evaporator if its near failure $3k
4. Expansion tank $230

Another $6k, they would have been better of leaving the ABS alone as the Brakes work well and servicing the A/C and Timing belt service IMO.

Keep looking...that car is overpriced IMHO esp for a snap ring car. Just because someone spent too much money repairing other stuff that no one cares about doesn't mean its worth more. There are a lot bigger ticket items that need to be addressed.

It's shame NSX's have so many ABS issues. Even low mileage ones. I'm having minor issues as we speak.:frown:

I don't think so. I know about 3-4 cars of 50 with ABS 'issues'. That's not much over 16 years IMO. I wouldn't call it an issue anyway.

Sorry for the guy who's let this car go. It's getting harder to find these rare occasions anyway.

I don't think so. I know about 3-4 cars of 50 with ABS 'issues'. That's not much over 16 years IMO. I wouldn't call it an issue anyway.

Sorry for the guy who's let this car go. It's getting harder to find these rare occasions anyway.

Good point the car past its life expectancy of 10 years according to mainstream Mechanical marketing. Yeh I know Honda had the intention of making a car list for a person's life just as Porsche did with the 911. :smile:

Most of the issues are overated just let the thing cycle and listen to her purr and if it bothers you that much throw away the ABS Nsx doesn't need it and you will save weight :biggrin:

Back