Rear Bumper help!

Hi everyone. I am trying to remove the complete rear bumper of my nsx and would like to know if any one has a diagram or map of how to remove it. I got under the car today and could not figure it out at all. If some one could please help me i would greatly preciate it thank you Cheers.

Thanks Brian. I'll follow the diagram thanks again.

1. pull carpet from behind taillamps, and start unbolting all the 10mm bolts holding the taillapms in
2.remove 2 10mm bolts from bumber top aluminum frame (clearly visible after taillamp removal
3. reach under rear 1/4 panel behind the rear tire and you should find 2 more 10mm bolts on each side
4. Again reach behind and the area by the outside edge of the taillamps (on the inside of 1/4 panel) and there should be 2 10mm nuts on either side.

Slide bumper off

Hi,

If you need help with this project, give me a shout. I live in Tacoma and I have had my rear bumper on and off too many times to count :smile:

If you have the time, come to a luncheon for the Seattle area owners and hang out with the local guys for an afternoon.........

Best wishes,
Gene Greer
'96 red/tan

ktan said:
1. pull carpet from behind taillamps, and start unbolting all the 10mm bolts holding the taillapms in
2.remove 2 10mm bolts from bumber top aluminum frame (clearly visible after taillamp removal
3. reach under rear 1/4 panel behind the rear tire and you should find 2 more 10mm bolts on each side
4. Again reach behind and the area by the outside edge of the taillamps (on the inside of 1/4 panel) and there should be 2 10mm nuts on either side.

Slide bumper off
That's how to not do it -
There is no need to remove the tail-lamps.

Follow the procedure that Brian indicated in the manual reference

Back