• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear F1 style center light? Looking for thread.

Someone offered these awhile back but I don't know how to search for it. I'm sure it was small triangular.
Anyone?

The ebay ones are not NSX specific. I got one one ebay for $15 bucks but had to *make* it work.

I like the triangular design. While it likely won't be as bright as some I have in my garage, {Copcar LED's} I may can utilize different LED's in it if I'm not happy. I have one ordered.

I wonder if there could be a thin line of LEDs to do the same job, then they could be obscured by the stock "diffuser" when not in use.

Bright? Like a light bulb? I could use a 40 watt. I have a light out in my house that I've been to lazy to buy one at the store. :biggrin:

Fair warning though that I will be returning the favor, but the items I send are shiny and made of fabric.
Just wait for the small box. It'll give you something to play with.:wink:

I would have bought a few had they not been so expensive. We make aluminum parts all the time in our shop, the bracket and wiring is pretty basic. The LED assembly are chinese made $15 on ebay.

$5 on ebay so far the cheapest. Here are "better" ones:

Mugen:

LEDRearFogLight_02.jpg

EVo-R:

z34ledsr.jpg

$5 ebay one modded with brighter l.e.d.'s:

photoapr2135418pm.jpg

The original vendor for these on Prime wanted something like $150+ for them. NSX specific or not, its not hard to make them work with the $9 shipped from eBay. If I can do it, so can you. You have to tap a power, ground, and the green wire from your existing tail lights. I used Posi-Taps for mine, probably the best wiring accessory ever.
enuze6y6.jpg

udy3uda6.jpg

Last edited:
Teej, did you order the strobe light feature for the F1 light? I am thinking of ordering this F1 light but without the strobe light feature. It might look cool on F1 cars with the light flashing the whole time. IMO, it looks kinda douchy to have the light constantly flashing in street cars whenever the parking light is on.

$5 on ebay so far the cheapest. Here are "better" ones:

Mugen:

LEDRearFogLight_02.jpg

EVo-R:

z34ledsr.jpg

$5 ebay one modded with brighter l.e.d.'s:

photoapr2135418pm.jpg
Are you freaking kidding me.:eek: Where were these when I ordered mine yesterday. Can these be bought here in the states?

- - - Updated - - -

Teej I really dig that rear camera location.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, found it.
http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/50-3084

Teej, did you order the strobe light feature for the F1 light? I am thinking of ordering this F1 light but without the strobe light feature. It might look cool on F1 cars with the light flashing the whole time. IMO, it looks kinda douchy to have the light constantly flashing in street cars whenever the parking light is on.

I hear ya. Some are supposed to strobe for a few seconds then go solid. I've heard mine just strobes, but then a neighbor said it went solid. I think strobe is douchy on a Grand Am, but on an NSX, Ferrari, and certain cars its fine. All I have to do is switch wires to make it just a solid light, but then what's the point? However, I don't sit on the brake pedal at stops. I usually balance in first or sit in neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If you buy one of these lamps, does it come with a free Scion FR-S or Subraru BRZ?

Last edited:
Back