• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear F1 style center light? Looking for thread.

You can wire it up to just go solid by using just the ground and the red wire and leaving the green unused. Run wires through the center grommet (same grommet your license plate bulb wires use).

I needed to extend my wires a bit. Tap into any ground and the green/yellow brake light wire to achieve illumination while braking only.
suqyzu2u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

^thanks, I must have bought a different China version since my light has 3 wires, all of them are black with different dot shapes on them...haha

I like the parking light and brake light dual output option but my skip the flashing light for now.

We are installing the light in a different spot on the rear for more stealthiness :)

^ I think I got the same one. My has 3 black wires as well. I bought the clear lense one. Let me know which black wire is which when you install yours.

hey, I saw a civic with this same exact F1 rear brake light last night!

It looks better on the diffuser than anywhere else. Nice!

Yeah Rick that cheap Chinese jive actually looks good there you got any more pics?

Looks good. Any further away pics? So which of the black wires ended up being positive, negative and ground?

whats next for you guys......blown diffuser.....:tongue:

thanks guys, I like representing my fellow countryman...haha!

I let my bro drive the car today just to see how it looks and quite impressed. I just ordered the flashing module.

Wiring this was a real PITA but we wanted to do it right so first we removed the diffuser, measured the wiring distance and carefully drilled a hole directly behind the light. Then we added a rubber grommet for the wire to pass through safely and routed it past the hot exhaust. There are 3 wires all black, the corner one with the small dots is negative. Then the other 2 have different dot patterns. One is for parking light (low output) and one is for brakes (high output). Just test it as LED's can only operate one way.

There is no real need to do any modifications to get brighter LED's IMO. The light is perfectly fine output wise for this purpose. Again as others have said you are not meant to blind the person behind you. And the last thing you want is a cop following you and you have this crazy bright light blinking in his face saying "pull me over". I found the light output to be perfect without being too crazy. I know it comes in clear and smoked versions as well but I would say definitely go for the red lenses. Looks the most legal.

My only complaint right now is my OEM rear tails look so dated compared to the LED brake light! :(

need led tails to complete the look really imo

Rick, they make high end led bulb replacements that run $19-$25 each. That's what I use and it really updates the look without having to go full led bar.
gy5etypu.jpg
that's mine on the right.

Otherwise I think Khanvict still has his GTC style LEDs tails for sale with minor repair needed. Think he was asking $850 shipped but you might even get them for less since he's NSX-less.

^thanks!

We sell the LED bulbs so I know and we also do custom LED tails :)

Just that we are super busy here and customer cars come first so I rarely get to work on my own cars.....

Lol I thought about that as I was typing. Like "hmmm pretty sure they are well equipped already but (shrug)"

someone should make a pigtail so you don't have to cut OEM wiring. I never cut oem wires

yeah but you still cut the OEM wiring to get the feed... Right?

Lets see the led tails you make.

Technically no. It makes a tiny prick in the oem wire housing. google positaps.

I saw the video. Looks good. These suck:

804C_1000.jpg

IMO the light looks more integrated below the license plate, as it is still within the bumper lines (Teej set up), rather than having it between the fins of the diffuser (s4play's set up). But it's nice to see the options.

Back