• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Receiving an NSX as a high school graduation present!

Yeah, that would have been nice, I got a 91 Toyota Celica which was cool...Thanks again Dad!:D ;)

NeoNSX said:
Yeah ditto that.... i received nothing for both degrees except but a "well done" card. :rolleyes:
oh well... it will be more satisfying get an NSX with my own cash anyhow.

You got a "well done" card?

You lucky bastard! :)

When I graduated in 2002, I didnt get anything.. nothing at all.. and that's just what I wanted, When I went to work as a insurance broker I bought myself a 1998 Lexus GS400, a Audi A4 Quattro(which my mom uses), and I bought my brother lots and lots of Supra parts.. Looks like if i want the NSX, I might have to sell the GS400:(

I got a corn muffin after COLLEGE graduation and a swift kick in the buttocks as good luck in Med. school...............My Dad is TOUGH, ..............but it worked!

Cheers-

Nev:p

You ever read something and just sit back and think, 'What the heck was that'? When I read that Ebay auction with that car, that is what I was thinking.

1.) If he parents are so well off, why not just leave the NSX at HOME for when you come back for holidays and all summer? NSX targa in summer sounds good to me!!

2.) She got an ultra-early VIN# 0008.

3.) In cities like New York or Chicago you will thank the Lord above to be driving an automatic. My '91 NSX (auto) was my car I used to commute to Chicago because the traffic was so terrible a clutch would have been fried.

4.) That girl never told her parents she was going to school in a city where that car would be unused?? Nice. :)

I never did graduate.

Back in high school I used to tell my gear head friends "Some day I am going to buy a NSX and put a big sticker on the windshield that says LOSER for all of the people that call us losers."

Now I have a nasty 91 Twin Turbo 300ZX, an 04 Armada, an old 200SX with a Z engine swap, a 01 Xterra, a 01 Ducati 996, a 04 Dakota (Company Vehicle), oh yes, and my LOSER red 1994 NSX.

Graduate, schmaduate!

I bet that guidance counselor of mine from high school is still driving that POS 1986 Camry.:p

-Z

Hey,
I got a pair of sunglasses for grad that was about it, actually no one in my class of 15 got anything that great.
I guess that is what happens when you live in a hick ass rural canadian town. The second day out of school I went to work in the oilfield and a month later I bought a beatiful '90 300zxTT.
Then my friends were like wow "did your parents buy you that?", hmm... NO maybe you should go get a job instead of being a bum.

Bubba

When I graduated High School...

When I graduated High School back in 1997, I got the family 1984 Red Toyota Corolla. First my dad owns it, then my brother, then me. For the replacement car my dad bought a 1995 Corolla, and my brother bought a 1997 Corolla. I never quite understand why tell liked the Corolla so much?!?!? I guess it's a great car since it's very reliable and cheap maintence cost. Then when I saved up enough money in 2001, I got myself a 2001 Toyota Highlander (A daily commuter vehicle). In 2002, I got a used 97 Supra Turbo. It's all Toyota still! So in 2003, I finally broke the family tradition and bought a NSX! :p Sorry Dad...

--I knew someone who just graduated from High School and received a 2003 BMW M3. :mad:

Re: When I graduated High School...

ss5153 said:
When I graduated High School back in 1997, I got the family 1984 Red Toyota Corolla. First my dad owns it, then my brother, then me. For the replacement car my dad bought a 1995 Corolla, and my brother bought a 1997 Corolla. I never quite understand why tell liked the Corolla so much?!?!? I guess it's a great car since it's very reliable and cheap maintence cost. Then when I saved up enough money in 2001, I got myself a 2001 Toyota Highlander (A daily commuter vehicle). In 2002, I got a used 97 Supra Turbo. It's all Toyota still! So in 2003, I finally broke the family tradition and bought a NSX! :p Sorry Dad...

--I knew someone who just graduated from High School and received a 2003 BMW M3. :mad:

A bit of useless trivia: what is the best selling car of all time? Toyota Corolla!

Saw it on Autoline Detroit on speedvision the other week. I would have thought VW Beetle, I think that came in 3rd.

UrnZway said:
I never did graduate.

Back in high school I used to tell my gear head friends "Some day I am going to buy a NSX and put a big sticker on the windshield that says LOSER for all of the people that call us losers."

Now I have a nasty 91 Twin Turbo 300ZX, an 04 Armada, an old 200SX with a Z engine swap, a 01 Xterra, a 01 Ducati 996, a 04 Dakota (Company Vehicle), oh yes, and my LOSER red 1994 NSX.

Graduate, schmaduate!

I bet that guidance counselor of mine from high school is still driving that POS 1986 Camry.:p

-Z

In defence of educators: School is not only to get needed skills to get 6 cars, 5 bikes, 4 TV and a gold chain. People go to colleges to develop their minds to become a whole person and to be exposed to what other great minds have given us. Contrary to what you may think, there is more to life than cars and cable TV. I have met many wonderful, interesting, smart and funny people who drive old beat up cars from the 80's. They spent half their lives on universities and are a joy to be around.
It is true that in order to make lots of $$$$ education is not needed. However, in order to be a complete and truly educated you should possess a degree ot two.

when I graduated HS.. and that was in Taiwan.. theres like only less than 10 NSXs there... and even an integra is a very rare car there!

Back