• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Recognition

I'm quite accustomed to people telling me that they like/love my NSX. However, today while picking up my burger order at Micky D's, the clerk said he liked my NSX and I was driving my Denali. Has anyone here had a similar occurance?

Yeah, a bank teller asked me if I drove an NSX. Said he saw it last week when I drove through to make a deposit. I was driving my RL the day he asked. Naturally, he thought the NSX was awesome.

Shaun

I was standing at the bus stop the other day when a guy commented about how cool and fast my invisible NSX was. Maybe he could see me daydreaming about it? :smile:

I walked to the grocery store one day which is a few blocks from my house and while waiting to pay a voice from behind was like " wheres the Nsx? " .
I said safe at home .... he then said " you have a TL also right. I was like damm .....STALKER !!!

Not the NSX story, but the motorcycle.

Last month, I drove the NSX to the dentist on a sunny Saturday. After the clean-up, one of the employee made a comment "Is that your car out there? It's so beautiful. You're the one with the motorcycle too right?" I was like wow...that was a year ago since I rode it to the dentist.

Some of the comments do sound creapy, but I kind of understand where they are coming from. When I'm handling insurance claims for my work, 95% of the time I remember what car they were driving before I remember their name. I'm a car guy, so it's not weird to me. Bad with names, good with cars. :biggrin:

I went to the Acura dealer today to get some crush washers, (parts guy gave em' to me for free) And he said "There is a white NSX out back, did you bring your red one?" I said no, It may rain today. Haven't been to that dealership in a long while!.....Kinda strange, but then again, I'm in Iowa.

BTW, Not to Dis the owners of white NSX's, but I took a look at it and it was stock with a black roof. Now don't get me wrong, but it looked really plain in the white color with stock wheels, etc. It just didn't jump out out ya. Just my humble opinion.

People recognize me all the time, possibly because of my car and/or different looks. Funny thing is, I don't have a clue who any of these people are. For example, a clerk in a store said he thought he saw me driving a Lambo.

i was asked at blockbuster(when hiring The Fast and The Furious) was i checking the film out to see if my car was in the film. :rolleyes: I have no idea who the guy was.

skyguy said:
BTW, Not to Dis the owners of white NSX's, but I took a look at it and it was stock with a black roof. Now don't get me wrong, but it looked really plain in the white color with stock wheels, etc. It just didn't jump out out ya. Just my humble opinion.

That combination on the NSX is the only white that I really like on a sports car. Sometimes I wish I had not stripped mine, I liked looking at it so much. To each his/her own, huh?:D

I like the white/black alot too. I keep going back and forth on if I prefer the white roof or the black roof. I guess I like both. :smile:

skyguy said:
I guess we all can't drive red ones............................

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
I guess we all can't drive red ones............................

Armando

haha! I think you forgot this though... :rolleyes:

...I do not know about stories.....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

I do not understand. Please elaborate in detail of your statement below.

Meeyatch1 said:
...I do not know about stories.....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I walked to the grocery store one day which is a few blocks from my house and while waiting to pay a voice from behind was like " wheres the Nsx? " .
I said safe at home .... he then said " you have a TL also right. I was like damm .....STALKER !!!

Creepy.

I too always receive compliments, every day, everytime I drive my NSX.
But the best was this.....

I went to a dealership to buy a little pick up truck, all the sharks (I MEAN SALESMEN) were drooling. I found the truck, test drove, and went to finance.

The finance manager was cool but really snappy quick. Trying to be so fast with paper work and talking he actually slowed the proccess down.

He asked me, what did you drive in since your buying a truck? I told him the NSX. He stopped, said that was his ultimate dream car, but could never own one. He said he always takes pictures of them when he sees them, the last one he was Lake Tahoe,NV and took a picture of one. He then grabbed a back pack pulled out a binder and showed me the picture.

I told him he deserved one for that much dedication. He said it would never fly because his mother-in law lives with "them" and there is no place to fit her.

I laughed and said the trunk really is quite roomy. :biggrin:

Actually it is really quite funny that when I go to the Honda dealer to pick up parts for one of my cars, or to get warranty work done on the S2000, I usually drive the NSX in. I will park the car outside the service and showroom doors and the sales guys all look at the car from inside until I go in to the dealership.....then they all kind of look at me funny and they say nothing. When I come out they are usually all swarmed around the car!! It is like they wait for me to be clear from view before circling the NSX :D

Meeyatch1 said:
Actually it is really quite funny that when I go to the Honda dealer to pick up parts for one of my cars, or to get warranty work done on the S2000, I usually drive the NSX in. I will park the car outside the service and showroom doors and the sales guys all look at the car from inside until I go in to the dealership.....then they all kind of look at me funny and they say nothing. When I come out they are usually all swarmed around the car!! It is like they wait for me to be clear from view before circling the NSX :D

Yah, it is weird.. I don't have my NSX yet (Monday!!), but travel frequently in my buddies F355. People want to come up and look at it, but are hesitant. Depending on what you do they come over, it is really pretty humorous

-Jer

I had mine in for service and when I picked it up, it was parked up with the new cars on display. At first I thought they just received a new red one but then noticed it was mine! It's a '91 with 111,000 miles on it.

he clerk said he liked my NSX and I was driving my Denali.

That's a sure sign you've been spending too much time at home. Slowing down? :rolleyes:

And where the heck were you on May 27? Not at T-Hill !!! WTF? :confused:

Back