• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendation on body shop

I need help on finding a reputable, quality body shop in Northern Virginia (Tyson's area). Over the weekend, a guy backed out of his parking space and hit my left rear quarter panel (right by the air scoop). He didn't see me because he was in a PT Cruiser and couldn't hear the horn because his radio was on, so [crunch]. Now his insurance is covering the damamges, but I don't know of a good body shop in the area. Any recommendaitons?

------------------
Milien

91 NSX Black/Ivory
95 BMW M3 Black/Black

It is a little drive from the DC area, but I know several people who have had seriously damaged NSXs repaired in Richmond at http://www.brucessuperbody.com/

The owner of the shop owns several NSXs himself.

If the only thing damaged is your quarter panel, you really just need a good paint shop since the panel just bolts on. If the damage is more extensive, I would consider the trip to Bruce's. You want the West End shop, not the Southside one.

A high-quality body shop is worth traveling some distance for. Don't just take it anywhere, or you'll regret it later.

Thanks for the recommendation Lud!!! I will have it checked out and see if it's mainly the paint, but if there is more, then I will be making a road-trip soon.

------------------
Milien

91 NSX Black/Ivory
95 BMW M3 Black/Black

I think the paint is one of the MAIN reasons for choosing a high-quality body shop over the one that's closer to home. Painting a quarter-panel properly is not a slam-dunk. The color has to be matched precisely, and blended with the surrounding panels. The finish has to be as glossy and smooth as the original, with no orange peel or spider webbing or other finish problems. There are a lot of body shops that come highly recommended but where results may or may not be easily distinguishable by eye. If you care at all about maintaining the quality of your car, be very picky about which body shop works on your car.

Back