• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

recommened double din with bluetooth

looking for a double din to put in the nsx that has bluetooth for hands free talking, also would like pandora. found these two, what are your thoughts? any others in this price range to consider? <400.00

1. PIONEER AVH-P3300BT .
2. Pioneer AppRadio SPH-DA01

I ended up buying hybrid-audio speakers and Arc Audio 4.300 amp, angus sub.
looking for the double din and thinking about the console, leaning toward sos vs modding mine.

please share your thoughts

I'm about so start the same project so I've been playing with a few head units to decide.

I don't believe the app radio is ready yet. The interface and apps available are both lagy and bugy. Possible just needs a software update, but most likely I'd wait for a version 2.

I'm leaning towards the JVC XR810 right now. Double din, Bluetooth to support multiple cell phones. Easy to change the colors to match existing light. Great reviews and only $200 on amazon. While it doesn't have a touch screen, I am not certain a touch screen would add any benefit to my current setup.

I would go with the SOS console, unless you need the ashtray. If you want to go back you can. If your center is in good condition you can always resell it.

Last edited:
Here is a shot of my current setup. I have a 7in Galaxy Tab mounted where the NavPod is to give me Navigation/Touchscreen.

IMG_0693.jpg

I have found it to be much more responsive and customizable then choosing a touch screen head unit.

well after reading several reviews i decided to go with the pioneer p3300bt. the apple based product has alot of issues that need fine tuning. i will let you know how it goes.

well after reading several reviews i decided to go with the pioneer p3300bt. the apple based product has alot of issues that need fine tuning. i will let you know how it goes.

I am not sure what the point of getting a DDIN without the nav is? I guess you need it to power then new speakers, but for me... I want the nav!!!

Yes the Galaxy Tab does fit in a Nav pod. That was my original plan for it, but it was not such a good idea in practice. Sometimes you need to get to the power/volume buttons or take it out for custom firmware updates and to load music(although you could do that before you put it in). Not to mention when you are not in the car it becomes useless.

I just had a bracket made for it that replaces the stock clock. Use the Samsung Car Dock and you are all set.

looking for a double din to put in the nsx that has bluetooth for hands free talking, also would like pandora. found these two, what are your thoughts? any others in this price range to consider? <400.00

1. PIONEER AVH-P3300BT .
2. Pioneer AppRadio SPH-DA01

I ended up buying hybrid-audio speakers and Arc Audio 4.300 amp, angus sub.
looking for the double din and thinking about the console, leaning toward sos vs modding mine.

please share your thoughts

Which HAT speakers did you get? And how did you mount them? Im trying to plan out my install now... need to figure out where to place the tweeters...

Last edited:
I just installed a Pioneer unit in my son's Envoy for him....its not a BT, but I beleive there is a comparible model with BT...or an easy add on.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P4300DVD

It was not terribly expensive,(new-$350 on ebay) and I have to comment on the quality of the unit. It is lightning fast between menus and touches....the screen quality is terrific, and we did everything possible to direct sunlight shining on it and it still is quite viewable (a big concern for NSX-T's) ....I have an alpine DD Unit in my MDX, that was almost triple the cost to buy a couple of years ago, and this unit is faster, easier to use, has better screen, and not as quirky for adjustments....I am seriously going to consider doing a DD in my NSX now, which is something I never had thought of because of the viewing issues in the sun. If we can get a good double din console buy going for the custom one with the cupholder, I might just do it...everything else is already in place (wiring, amp, sub, speakers) just using OEM head unit , but really mostly using Iphone.

Anyway, for the price, this has to be given serious consideration for anyone wanting a quality screen, easy to use features, as simple, or as complex as you want to be, and great ipod integration...

I am not sure what the point of getting a DDIN without the nav is? I guess you need it to power then new speakers, but for me... I want the nav!!!

I enjoy nav as well. But a lot of people just like the bigger GUI to navigate the songs and settings, especially when using something like an Ipod.

Back