• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Relocating - California to Colorado

Ok folks, just waiting to see if the house closes at the end of the month. That being said I will be relocating to Colorado Springs, CO for a couple years while my girlfriend goes to school.

For you Colorado folks, anything I need to know about the state?...Be nice (nicer) to cops etc? Put my stock intake box back on?? Check out Cars and Coffee? (after the winter) etc etc :confused::biggrin::tongue:

Cheers,
Ed

Yes yes.... freezing cold, lots of wind, and snow (in the winters of course). Oh.... I loved the sandy/rocky roads on my paint too :smile:

LOL! Thanks for the input folks! :biggrin: Yes I do enjoy the outdoors, got my mtn bike and snowboards to keep me busy. Place I am getting is literally on one of the local trails/parks. But hopefully this is temporary...2-3 years...while she finishes school. :tongue: :biggrin:

So who is the local NSX guru / mechanic for CO? My car has been privy to the likes of Niguel Motors, Autowave and SC Acura...

Pikes Peak Acura for the NSX Gurus.

Get a clear bra BEFORE you drive it ANYWHERE at ANYTIME in colorado. Make sure it covers your mirrors, entire hood, rear spat, side skirts, side vents, and front half of the front fenders.

BEWARE OF HAIL.

I have spent a few years in Colorado Springs. It's a beautiful city and pretty dang safe. There really isn't such a thing as a "ghetto" in colorado springs in comparison to cities around california.

Furious winds are not a norm for colorado springs. It happens on occasion but usually only east of the city where the great plains begins when it does.

If you have a dog, there is an awesome fenced no leash dog park with hills, tall grasses, trees, trails and a clean clear creek at the base of the mountains on the west side of town.

I'll be heading out there in March sometime.

If you're moving to Colorado Springs, you'll need to start calling it "The Springs" so you don't sound like an out of towner. :smile:

I can't imagine anything that Colorado has that California doesn't:

And california has more.

Colorado has:
Relaxed Gun laws
Cash and carry 15 minute background check gun sales
Few barriers to CCW
Low priced fuel
Less fuel additives that reduce fuel economy
Less areas considered "ghettos"
Illegal immigrant issues
Fewer highways with <70 mph speed limits
smaller population/sq mile
smaller welfare recipients
No toll roads/bridges
zero earthquakes
Less urban sprawl

California has more:
Gun laws
Time to wait to pick up your new firearm
More barriers to CCW
Cost per gallon of fuel
fuel additives that reduce economy
areas considered ghetto - I think Oakland alone has more ghetto than all of colorado
highways and interstates with speed limits below 70 mph
people/sq mile
welfare recipients
Toll roads and bridges
earthquakes
Farm? WTF is a farm? We need more subdivisions and shopping centers!

Hey, you're right!

Last edited:
LOL! Thanks for the input folks! :biggrin: Yes I do enjoy the outdoors, got my mtn bike and snowboards to keep me busy. Place I am getting is literally on one of the local trails/parks. But hopefully this is temporary...2-3 years...while she finishes school. :tongue: :biggrin:

So who is the local NSX guru / mechanic for CO? My car has been privy to the likes of Niguel Motors, Autowave and SC Acura...

Paul Z. at Pikes Peak Acura - best NSX mechanic around.

I live in the springs as well if you would like to meet for coffee sometime or go for a drive :)

Joe

I'm actually considering moving to CO or Santa Fe/Taos NM in 2-4 years. The significant other and I have graduate school issues to explore first but I think having the best summer and winter activities in the same place is invaluable.

Colorado has:
Relaxed Gun laws
Cash and carry 15 minute background check gun sales
Few barriers to CCW
Low priced fuel
Less fuel additives that reduce fuel economy
Less areas considered "ghettos"
Illegal immigrant issues
Fewer highways with <70 mph speed limits
smaller population/sq mile
smaller welfare recipients
No toll roads/bridges
zero earthquakes
Less urban sprawl

California has more:
Gun laws
Time to wait to pick up your new firearm
More barriers to CCW
Cost per gallon of fuel
fuel additives that reduce economy
areas considered ghetto - I think Oakland alone has more ghetto than all of colorado
highways and interstates with speed limits below 70 mph
people/sq mile
welfare recipients
Toll roads and bridges
earthquakes
Farm? WTF is a farm? We need more subdivisions and shopping centers!

Hey, you're right!

Cali weather is on average superior and ur more likely to be able to enjoy the nsx or name that car that u worked so hard for even in the winter months, especially those residing in so cal.

Colorado winter? Snow tires on nsx? Lol.

In the winter I can drive the nsx around my hood, park it in the garage, swap cars and go to snow in the sierras in the same day. Not so fast with colorado.

Cali has the ocean as an option too.

Those attributes alone supercede anything colorado has to offer as a sum.

Oh and cafe shops.

Last edited:
Cali weather is on average superior and ur more likely to be able to enjoy the nsx or name that car that u worked so hard for even in the winter months, especially those residing in so cal.

Colorado winter? Snow tires on nsx? Lol.

In the winter incan drive the nsx around my hood, park it in the garage, swap cars and go to snow in the sierras in the same day. Not so fast with colorado.

Cali has the ocean as an option too.

Those attributes alone supercede anything colorado has to offer has a sum.

Oh and cafe shops.

There's more to do in any state other than just drive a car.

And I'm pretty sure without a doubt you've probably never lived there before. Just because it is winter doesn't mean there is snow. Just because there is snow doesn't mean it is going to stick to the roads. Just because it might stick to the road, doesn't mean it is going to be on the road for more than a day or two. Just as most owners in california won't drive their car in the rain in california, most owners won't drive their nsx in the snow in colorado while it snows for a day or two at a time.

I can see the ocean from my house here in the bay area. I haven't been to it more than.... twice in the past 3-4 months. Its nice to know its there but it doesn't mean everything.

Last edited:
There's more to do in any state other than just drive a car.

And I'm pretty sure without a doubt you've probably never lived there before. Just because it is winter doesn't mean there is snow. Just because there is snow doesn't mean it is going to stick to the roads. Just because it might stick to the road, doesn't mean it is going to be on the road for more than a day or two. Just as most owners in california won't drive their car in the rain in california, most owners won't drive their nsx in the snow in colorado while it snows for a day or two at a time.

I can see the ocean from my house here in the bay area. I haven't been to it more than.... twice in the past 3-4 months. Its nice to know its there but it doesn't mean everything.

When it rained yesterday, for example, then it ceased in the late afternoon I took the nsx out for a spin once the roads were dry enough. With snow and temperatures supporting snow - just don't see that happening in the same day. Especially with tires like the Z1 thatrecoMends against snow and/or near freezing temps.

Colorado doesn't have the option of saltwater which I like. Sea food being fresh, not frozen is part of that equation to.

Not much to add other than congratulations for escaping from the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. I left 10 yrs. ago and never looked back!

I believe CO still has smog laws (Denver?), but at least you won't be regulated/tax'ed to death (and in CO you are considered a "grown up" who is responsible enough to carry a gun).

I do miss the CA weather, but that's it. Nice place to visit, but I don't want to live there...

P.S. - Try defending yourself like this in CA and let us know how it turns out for you:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-justifiable-homicide-20110112,0,3484949.story

Last edited:
Damn...my thread turned into a CO vs. CA discussion. :wink::tongue:

No worries, I love both states. Both have their pros and cons. Personal experiences and variety is the spice of life in my book. I have visited and stayed in 20 of our 50 states through my lifetime. Along with countries in Asia and Europe. Each had their own, shall we say quirks. :wink: Still love CA, but I don't fear change or difference. If/When I come back, props, if not. Oh well. I can still say "been there, done that" and be at peace. :redface:

My 'hood 94024 zip doesn't see that sorta action. We actually have a SWAT team that does nothing all day long.

Being a cop in my 'hood is like a country club.

Easy way to address crime is to get make a lot of $$$$ legally and move to a nice 'hood.

Floriduh is flat-chested. Worse than Colorado.

florida_14.jpg

Only thing I liked about Florida was Miami Vice.

Humidity - No thanks.

Easy way to address crime is to get make a lot of $$$$ legally and move to a nice 'hood.

...where the state/local gov't will take how much of your $$$$? :confused:

Santa Clara County = 9.25% sales tax :eek:
California Income Tax = 9.3% :eek:

Azz-raped by the tax man - no thanks.

Last edited:
...where the state/local gov't will take how much of your $$$$? :confused:

Santa Clara County = 9.25% sales tax :eek:
California Income Tax = 9.3% :eek:

Azz-raped by the tax man - no thanks.

I don't have an issue with the Tax like others do.

Our trees are more well-endowed that your reeds and girlie-man palm trees.

Giant-Sequoia.jpg

I believe El Paso County did away with smog checks a year after I moved away. Haven't confirmed that though. Oh and my registration was $35/year for every vehicle I've ever owned there. I've paid more for one year of registration for my super duty in california, than it cost me to register every vehicle I've ever owned in Colorado.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but did someone mention apex seals or GTOs in this thread somewhere?

It's interesting how a certain non-nomadic village idiot that gives his opinions represented as some sorta fact about a place they have never lived or even been in. LoL
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1205025&postcount=192

Last edited:
Then you don't make serious money or own your own business...

Trees? LOL. Trees are for hippies to hug. We have these...

alligator-at-door.jpg

I've made the bulk of my $$$$ in the DOT COM IPOs.

I like suppressing others from making wealth. How's that for an angle? Sounds like a Liberal-well-to-do?

cozza.jpg

Last edited:
I believe El Paso County did away with smog checks a year after I moved away. Haven't confirmed that though. Oh and my registration was $35/year for every vehicle I've ever owned there. I've paid more for one year of registration for my super duty in california, than it cost me to register every vehicle I've ever owned in Colorado.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but did someone mention apex seals or GTOs in this thread somewhere?

It's interesting how a certain non-nomadic village idiot that gives his opinions represented as some sorta fact about a place they have never lived or even been in. LoL
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1205025&postcount=192

I have a high school friend that lived and worked near the Denver Trade center. he is now in Virginia.

I visited him 3 times in CO. that's all I needed to know about CO. Of course all 3 times was Xmas season.

Back