• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remote controlling Truck release

I recently installed an after market Alarm with remote control. I want to know if I can actually use the remote control to release the truck.

My new remote control does provide the trunk release button, but the mechanics hasn't wired it and I am not sure if it actually works as the mechanics said the truck release is controlled by wire.

I am just not sure and I want some advise.

Thanks

Ben

So the OEM trunk release is originally controlled electronically?

If so, I don't see a problem. I imagine that your alarm's trunk release output signal is problem too weak to just connect it straight to the OEM trunk release. If that is the case, I would use a relay to provide enough power to activate the trunk release. So attach your car alarm output to the relay, and attach the relay output to the OEM trunk release.

Last edited:
Yes it is electronic. My Alpine SEC-8063 alarm has a trunk release button that works great.

I recently installed an after market Alarm with remote control. I want to know if I can actually use the remote control to release the truck.

My new remote control does provide the trunk release button, but the mechanics hasn't wired it and I am not sure if it actually works as the mechanics said the truck release is controlled by wire.

I am just not sure and I want some advise.

Thanks

Ben

Last edited:
On my aftermarket keyless entry system, I connected the trunk release wire coming from the KES ECU to the trunk open switch on the driver's door. Easy.

Mine is 1991 and I guess it is the same correct?

So it can be connectted thru the the remote control unit to the relay. Just to reconfirm!

My car is a 1991 with an aftermarket alarm. The trunk release is electronic. It shouldn't be too hard for him to find the wire to hook it up.

I don't think my alarm installer had to install a extra relay for the trunk release.

Sorry to side track a bit... I have the oem alarm on my 94 and I have only 1 remote. I was wondering if there is a remote that I can get (after market or oem Acura) to do seperate lock and unlock operation plus remote trunk release. Thanks in advance...

Sigh....
Just in case, could someone tell me where I shoudl wire the truck release signal wire to? to the switch in the glove box or to the swich on the door panel?
Many thanks

Your mechanics are retarded, incompetent crack smokers. Find new ones and don't let those bozos anywhere near your NSX.

white/black with silver dots. blue plug below driver dash.

positive trigger will require a relay.

87-12v
85-negative alarm trunk output
86-12v
30-trunk wire i indicated in the car.

white/black with silver dots. blue plug below driver dash.

positive trigger will require a relay.

87-12v
85-negative alarm trunk output
86-12v
30-trunk wire i indicated in the car.

Sigh....
Just in case, could someone tell me where I shoudl wire the truck release signal wire to? to the switch in the glove box or to the swich on the door panel?
Many thanks

Do you have a picture of the Blue plug? How difficult to get to? I see a couple of blue plugs down there but can't seem to reach either of them easily.

Hi I am not sure, I think the system has a dedicated wire for trunk release and my mechanics just re wired it. It was too long ago... Sorry cant help further but I know it works.

Back