• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removal of spedo cluster help

My trip-o-meter stopped working and I've never taken out the spedo cluster any done this? And if the trip-o-meter is bad anyone know where I can get a new one?

Here's the gauge/meter assembly removal procedure outlined in the manual.
The item you seek is sold with the speedo gauge and lists for over $875.
Try to get a used one.

Post on this site in the "parts wanted" forum to try and find one.

Last edited:
I have a pic archive of when I took mine out and back in, much like my a/c fix it thread....would you like it?
Best Regards David

pbassjo's attachment is quite helpful and it should provide you with the necessary information to remove the gauge cluster. I've personally done this, but did not have to disassemble the steering wheel garnish. I basically pulled the steering wheel down and covered the upper portion with a microfiber towel and gently slid the cluster out. I believe that it slid out to the left (I think). You have to tilt the cluster onto its clear cover (which is one of the reasons for the towel). I realize that this isn't the "authorized" method, but it worked for me without scratching or damaging components. You might do a search and find some threads that outline the process. Below is the one that helped me the most.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90599&highlight=removing+gauge

I don't remove the steering wheel cover either. Just hold down the steering wheel tilt lever while pushing the steering wheel at the same time. While still holding the steering wheel down, pull out the cluster and slide it to the right or left. I've done it both right and left, but I prefer the right. Yes, you need to tilt the cluster to face downwards when removing.

Just be careful with that trip reset needle. It can catch on many things coming out and going back in. You don't want to break it.

I have a pic archive of when I took mine out and back in, much like my a/c fix it thread....would you like it?
Best Regards David

I did figure it out... Have to learn sometime :) Then found out the trip-o-meter is built in the cluster, didn't want to get that involved today... Winter fix it project.

Thanks

Re: Removal of speedo cluster help

Thanks to this thread, I got inspired to remove my cluster to deal with a couple light bulbs.

Much appreciated !!!
Brian

Back