• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removing Injectors with Comptech Supercharger

Hi, I wanted to know if there is a tool that will allow me to get the front bank of injectors off without removing the Supercharger. The injectors are held in place by two bolts and they are recessed. Not enough room for a 1/4 inch socket let alone the wrench.
Manny

Yes, I was aware that the supercharger needs to be lifted up. I was wondering if anyone had found a 1/4 socket wrench that was small enough to fit in given the little space available. It seems like you can loosen the four bolts that hold down the supercharger then just lift it a 1/2 inch on its side. I was looking for an easier way.
Manny

I had that same problem. I looked for a week for a 10mm socket for this perticular application. Here's what I ended up doing. I found a 10mm nut driver bit, cut off the shank, then used a grinder to flatten two sides just enough to get a 12mm open ended wrench on the new found socket. Now place on to the recessed bolt. I suggest you invest in a good magnet with a light. I only had to use it on the front passenger bolt. The drivers side bolt I was able to get a 1/4 in 10mm socket with a swivel and an extention. As difficult as both bolts were to remove. It was a much better solution than removing the supercharger everytime i replaced the injectors! My pc's down. Pics ASAP!

Last edited:
That sounds like an idea. You need a shallow socket or like you did cut a nut driver and then fixed it so you could use a wrench. I was even thinking of taking a 1/4 10mm socket and either trying to cut it or grind off a couple of sides so that I could get a wrench around it. I like your idea as the nut driver is going to be very shallow. I may take one of mine and try your idea. Perhaps when putting the bolt back in I can add some washers to keep it above that injector rail rather than letting go into that depression. Pictures would be great.
Manny

I'm not sure how much room you have but, will something like this work.

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-box-wrench-socket-and-bit-adapter-set-99618.html

image_5545.jpg

image_4257.jpg

There is not enough room to get that wrench with a socket on the bolt. The bolt is flush with the fuel rail. The only thing that will fit onto the bolt is a 1/4 inch 10mm socket. But the socket is tall enough that you cannot put a rachet on it. I even thought of drilling holes into the top of the socket and putting a pin of sorts through the hole and using it to turn the socket. I will take a picture tomorrow of how tight an area it is.
Manny

Back