• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removing old clear bra, need advise

Anyone know the best / easiest way to remove an old clear bra? It's cracking, dry, curling at the edges, etc. Comming off in little pieces even with a hair dryer and AZ. sun. The paint is pretty faded on the deck where I need it removed, so preserving the paint underneath isn't a big concern. I'll re-cover with "carbon fiber" vinyl.

Just have to take it off little by little. That's the only way now. And try using goo gone. That will help too. GL!

OK, that's kinda' what I thought. Serves me right for not doing this long ago. Not familiar with goo gone. I'll give it a try. Walmart? Thanks for the help Caroline-NSX.

A heat gun to soften the edge and plastic razor blades will help in the removal process. A heat gun runs very hot so be careful to not overheat the surface, and the razor blades will help glide underneath the bra. Any residual adhesive can be removed with 3M adhesive remover.

Steam gun works to soften it, I use brake clean (you need the stuff that will NOT harm paint) I spray it under the edge as I pull back and it melts the glue, makes it less likely to peel any paint.

MAKE SURE YOUR BRAKE CLEAN IS SAFE FOR PAINT BY TESTING IT FIRST.

Hey, thanks for ALL the tips. Found Goo Gone. Excellent product. Will utilize the plastic razor blades, and heat gun. I did get about 1/4 of it done this weekend. Patience, patience, patience....

Jefe,

Rather than Goo-Gone or 3M Adhesive Remover, try using this product https://un-du.com/

I find it in my local Wal-Mart in the scrapbooking section. It works on everything that has an adhesive - even candle wax and gum. It's safe for removing stickers and any other residue. Once you get under a corner of the clear bra, continue to apply it and it'll do the rest.

Attachments

• 199453-3-1.jpg
    199453-3-1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 73
Back