• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Replace the ABS Pump

After some extensive 'exercising' and a lot of talk on prime, I realize that I need to replace my ABS pump. I'm not sure how to link to the past post explaining what I've looked into, but in any case when the pump goes off is squeals like a pig much like many other NSX's have experienced. So....

1. Is it hard to change? Does anyone have information on it? I can get to it easy enough.
2. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I should buy one. Assumably I would be buying a new OEM. I could of course go to the dealer but I was wondering if anyone had a better place online or something.

I still have the apparent leak to deal with but I can't see anything so I'm thinking I'll change the pump and go from there. The pump could even be the source of the problem I would imagine. I think that about explains it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Madbox said:
Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I should buy one. Assumably I would be buying a new OEM.

Retail price on that part is $2,000+ :eek:

Ebay, Prime, junkyard. Those are my suggestions.

Your case is extremely rare. I believe it's very unlikely you'll have an ABS unit be this resistant in the future. I would feel fine buying a used, low-mileage good working unit ~$300-$500 and making sure I excercise it regularly.

I did and I'm very glad I saved the $1,500 :smile:

Retail price on that part is $2,000+

Do you mean the MODULATOR?

The MOTOR+PUMP is ~$350 new in the box.

All of these parts are available seperately, you just have to ask the right people. Find a good brake shop that deals in NISSIN parts and you should be set.

Attached is part diagram.

select p/n's:
3 57070-SG0-801, Accumulator
9 57310-SL0-003, Pump Assy
10 57311-SG0-801, Pump Comp.
16 57360-SL0-003, Motor Assy, ABS
23 57390-SL0-003, Switch Assy, Pressure

The pump #10 was used in the following:
Accord, Prelude 89-91
Legend, CRX 89-90

It should be what you need and they should be giving them away almost free from used cars.

Drew

Attachments

• ABS Accumulator.gif
    ABS Accumulator.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
It appears after re-reading that post that this is just a noisier-than-normal pump. ABS function seems ok...?

Sorry for the confusion.

Have fun cracking it open :wink:

Drew,
How do you get back to the posts. I printed 90% of the posting from my original inquiry but I missed printing a few links. I could not pull it back up. I tried the search but didn't run across it.

Thanks for the info. Sorry if you had to re-post.

>>I did not grease up the motor as of this point. I was a bit nervous about messing with it without a replacement available. I don't want to loose to much drive time in this rainy summer (for CT anyway).

How do you get back to the posts.

Common mistake, use the SEARCH between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" (not the one between "About" and "Copyright", they are different)

Direct link here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/search.php

I could not pull it back up. I tried the search but didn't run across it.

This issue should have been your second question.

I did not grease up the motor as of this point. I was a bit nervous about messing with it without a replacement available.

Disabling the ABS does not make the car undriveable. Pulling the motor does not affect the hydralic system. This was discussed too.

Last edited:
Thanks Drew. I think I'm slowly getting up to speed with the system. I"m going to pull that motor out and see where that leads me.

Back