• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Resonated or non resonated test pipes

Greetings again. Now that I received some feedback on removing the cats and replacing them with test pipes, I would like to know peoples opinions on resonated or non resonated test pipes. I have a Comptech exhaust. Is there a huge sound difference between the two? I do not want the car to loud as I do get along with my neighbors. Also can someone please let me know what brand to get. Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
I'd recommend getting the Pride or Angus resonated test pipes. The resonated ones will have a deeper more mellow yet aggressive while the non-resonated will be raspier.

I'd recommend getting the Pride or Angus resonated test pipes. The resonated ones will have a deeper more mellow yet aggressive while the non-resonated will be raspier.

Agreed. I have pride rtp. No to rasp. Much more mellow. Still drone but but mellow.

+1 on resonated TPs, especially if you're at all concerned about noise around your neighborhood. I have the Pride ones on my car and love them. Give them a little time to break in and they'll sound even better.

Also, if you have a light-colored car be prepared to wipe down your rear bumper constantly because of the extra soot. I have a Spa Yellow and I have to wipe my rear bumper down after every single drive. Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind if you prefer your car to always look shiny and perfect like I do.

Yes, my Resonated TEST PIPES are not too loud and are very smooth and mellow. Increases the sound across the board over factory cats, but not by a lot, just enough for you to think, wow, that's how it should sound from the factory. I enjoy mine for sure.

Back