• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Review: Fujitsubo exhaust manifold

Why pay more for the same horsepower increase?

We all know that no matter what kind of headers you buy, there are only so much HP you can pick up. Be it RM, Comptech, or DC sport, they all produce about the same amount of horsepower and torque increase, so why bother buying a Japanese exhaust manifold that cost twice as much? Well, I agree with you on one level that it doesn't make much sense. To me, however, I like the idea of being authentic--that is keeping as little American made parts as possible from a Japanese car. (Don't get me wrong here, I do have many US parts on my car, such as AP big brakes by RM, oydessy battery by Dali, etc) Some of you would say, and I would agree with you, that my opinion is ridiculous, or some of you might say this guy have more money than brains (which I don't, btw). But to me, I really do sleep better at night, knowing that my NSX is only equipped with the best aftermarket parts.
So what sets apart the Fujitsubo exhaust manifold from its American counter parts? First, let's just examine the exterior. Look at the way those pipes are bent, so smooth, no harsh curves at all, unlike the CT and RM headers. Each pipe flow smoothly to the merge collector. Each pipe is polished to perfection. Now let's look at the connections of the pipes? slip-joints! Ah, yes, this will surely make life easier for my installer. What are those little springs next to the joints? Can they be there to dampen the vibrations? No way, they couldn't have done that? Well, yes they did. Tiny springs are welded on the joint areas of the secondary pipes and a separate pipe going into the cat or straight pipes. Moving to the flanges, holy cow! Each flange is carefully machined on the edges to, guess what? Remove weight! No wonder this set of headers felt quite a bit lighter than my old RMs despite the use of slip-joints, and spring relievers. Let's look a little deeper. Wow! Lots of hand porting every where. My old RM headers had some crude and rushed hand porting jobs too, but geez, they do not compared to the care and attention given to the Fujitsubo headers. The Japanese are truly masters at their work.
Of course, you do not expect the Japanese to sell you just two manifolds like RM, or CT would do. Packaged in with the two manifolds are: O2 sensor extension kit, metal gaskets, heat shields, instruction booklets, and of course nice Fujitsubo decal to put on your car!
So, is it worth $3000? That is up to you to decide. If you want the absolute best, go for it. If you don't care about fit and finish, features, etc, then just get a CT, RM or DC. But after all, I did achieve 270hp with the Fujitsubo headers, while my friend who dyno his DC headers equipped NSX with me on the same day can "only" achieve 260hp with the addition help of a Dinan computer chip!
Availability wise, Fujitsubo is still a rare name in the US. They are one of the biggest exhaust parts maker in Japan. I'm sure that some one here can get them. I can also ship these to you for $3000 shipped (you pay custom). But please contact me as your last resort, when you cannot find a single soul who can sell you Fujitsubo exhaust manifolds.

------------------
<A HREF="http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/maomaosnsxmodclub
Join" TARGET=_blank>http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/maomaosnsxmodclub
Join</A> my club for infos on my NSX.

Okay, that's my car George is comparing to
smile.gif

Geroge's car peak at almost 270 RWHP @8000rpm, while my car peaks at almost 260 RWHP @7300rpm

However, my car produces more HP and more torque at any given rpm (by about 5 HP) until the crossover with George's HP graph @ 7100rpm.

Other word, George car should be faster than my car at 7100 rpm to 8100 rpm. And my car is faster at any rpm below 7100 rpm.

At the track, We usually use rpm range of 5000 to 8000, which majority of rpm spends at 6000 to 7800 rpm.

Peak HP tells you one thing, but best to analyze the graph.

hehehe, the difference of our power curve is mostly due to the design of our headers. Your DC has almost no secondary pipe, thus more midrange and low end. My headers have long secondary pipes, thus more top end. Also, you have a chip, I don't! And, I have test pipes, thus less lower RPM horsepower, while you have cats that gives a flatter curve. Also, remember my air/fuel ratio is no where near as optimised as yours.

------------------
<A HREF="http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/maomaosnsxmodclub
Join" TARGET=_blank>http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/maomaosnsxmodclub
Join</A> my club for infos on my NSX.

Back