• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road Trip to Ohio

A review of my trip from Albuquerque to Cleveland befor going to Expo. I left NM Friday morning at 3am to head to Ohio. The 1st couple of hours were pretty good. The next 14 hours it rained. Did 16 hours and 1150 miles in one day. This car is fantastic. I wasn't to tired at all. Stopped for the night in Effingham Ill. Got up at 5 to finish my trip up to Cleveland area. I gre up there and planned on visiting relatives for a couple of days befor heading to Columbus. Well I got into Indiana around Tara Huat and was making good time when I was going over a bridge and hit the Grand Canyon of pot holes. The impact was increadable. I knew I did damage to the tire and wheel. The car drove OK till Indianapolis when the tire gave out. Tried fix a flat and my 23 old compressor but no luck. Had the car flat towed to a Discount Tire about 20 milees away. Furthur inspection of the wheel showed a small indentation but not to severe. They didn't have any tires in the correct size so we went to what they had to get me going. They rub on turning. Ther was one tire I need in stock in the Columbus warehouse and it will be in Cleveland tomorrow. If you are coming thru Indiana on 70 be carefull. This was the worst road I have EVER been on. I mean the whole state. Cannot wait for Wednesday to start a terrific event.

Hi, Don:

I called NM DOT yesterday, and they have the personalized plate "BADLUCK" reserved for you. :biggrin:

Philippe

Don,

Sorry to hear about the wheel/tire. With 400+hp you should only feel a slight vibration! I was hoping to drive with you but due to work commitments I am stuck here! Represent for the Roadrunners well!

Back