• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rubber

how do you clean the black rubber next to the nsx latch that open the door and are there products to make the rubber seem black . thank you.

303 Aerospace Protectant. Use it on all black rubber, vinyl and plastic. Amazing stuff.

Would you guys use this stuff on the coolant hoses?

i have,made em look nice and probably protects a little

Would you guys use this stuff on the coolant hoses?

Yes. I have done that and it gets them back to that nice deep black and also conditions the rubber slightly. 303 also works wonders on my front lip- gets it back to black from the washed out gray plastic and lasts for months.

Believe this or not, Lemon Pledge does a great job of making rubber looking new again without attracting dirt and dust!

I use it on tires, hoses, trim and a variety of other rubber and trim pieces!

I posted before in a different forum , first time i saw pledge(other than when my mother used it used it ) was at custom car shows many .many ,years ago, most guys would tape up can so no one knew what it was ,but we all used the same thing , I've used it on cars , motorcycles, snowmobiles , furniture , my swimming pool my sons PRS guitar ,even my custom built grandfather clock ( that is one of a kind -never to be duplicated ),it works great , thats all i know !:wink:

Last edited:
that's interesting about pledge,but my question is wouldn't something like 303 aerospace that's designed as a protectant for vinyl and rubber,not wood,be better for a car?

Lemon Pledge is a whole lot cheaper, "mists" on vs. spray from 303 bottle and is easy to get anywhere.

Don't get me wrong....I also use 303 but love my Pledge!

After washing, I spray my ATV's down with Pledge. I spray everything! Mud washes right off and plastics look like new again!

that's interesting about pledge,but my question is wouldn't something like 303 aerospace that's designed as a protectant for vinyl and rubber,not wood,be better for a car?

I wondered the same thing,all I know is i used it on my 69 vette door mouldings &top deck mouldings ,it stop the squeeks and the rubber never deteriated , thats all i know

After some research I settled on a yearly base applications of Krytox grease rubbed into the pores of the gaskets and seals then periodic applications of Back to Black.

Years ago when recovering some leather seats in a Corvette, in the box, with the covers, was a sheet with maintenance and other information.
It suggested using Pledge to clean and maintain the seats.
I tried it and it worked great and in fact I used it for years on all my interior surfaces, vinyl, leather and plastic both at home and at my shop.

They seemed to stop offering the pump bottles and only had aerosol cans everywhere I shopped so, I stopped buying it.

Years ago when recovering some leather seats in a Corvette, in the box, with the covers, was a sheet with maintenance and other information.
It suggested using Pledge to clean and maintain the seats.
I tried it and it worked great and in fact I used it for years on all my interior surfaces, vinyl, leather and plastic both at home and at my shop.

They seemed to stop offering the pump bottles and only had aerosol cans everywhere I shopped so, I stopped buying it.

If you liked pledge that much, couldn't you just spray on a cloth and wipe the parts you used to down.

I typically spray Aerospace 303 on a cloth for most parts then use anyway.

Am I the only one who uses Shin Etsu silicon grease from Honda on all the body seals and gaskets? Stuff works fine, lasts long time...and its Jay-Dee-eM!!! :wink:

Am I the only one who uses Shin Etsu silicon grease from Honda on all the body seals and gaskets? Stuff works fine, lasts long time...and its Jay-Dee-eM!!! :wink:

Novel ---eh! Thats what works really well - pure silicone. plastic, rubber...good stuff! I might have to try pledge though...:biggrin:

I am a Lemon Pledge convert...........works amazingly well for almost a year now on all our cars.

Brian

There's nothing that makes rubber black permanently is there?
I use 'back to black' on trim around my rear window, but I swear it lasts maybe 2 weeks. I want something that will last 2 years.

edit:
Did some research on this today, and it looks like most people recommend 2 methods:
1. Heat gun. Appears to last a long time
2. Kiwi show dye. Apparently last 1+ years.

Think I'm going to try kiwi...

Last edited:
Back