• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RUN anyone ? February 11 San Diego Cty

I'm attaching a photo taken last week during a run that I led here in N Cty with the San Diego Miata Club. We had over 35 cars on the run which lasted about 4 hours and went 93 miles. Today we did a pre-run for a different route that will be going 130 miles on some great E Cty roads February 11th. I talked to the run leader for this route who also happens to be the president of the San Diego Miata Club about having our NSX club join the Miatas and he said there would be no problem The San Diego Miata Club has hosted many joint runs in the past with the Corvette club, Solstice/Sky club....... IF anyone is interested in going on this joint club run please get back to me through this site and I will post additional details so we can make this happen. I drove my supercharged Miata on the pre-run today and plan on taking my NSX on the actual run in February. The roads we drove today were AWESOME!!!! It would be nice if I had some NSX company..........

I seem to be having trouble with the photo.....hopefully it is now posted...?

Attachments

• miata run 1.jpg
    miata run 1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 245
attachment.php

Thanks for the help in posting the picture. When that picture was taken we were actually setting on the side of the road waiting for the rest of the group to catch up. The next SDMC run is 2/11/12 with a driver's meeting at 9:30am and the actual run beginning at 9:45am prompt. So far I have heard from two NSX owners on SoCal Facebook who have expressed an interest in joining the group--Rbrt Vzcra & Jonathan Allyn. Anyone else ??

I'm interested but a little lazy about driving that far to get to the start point and then coming back home. Flaky about it. :redface: Can you give the start point address or PM me with it?

The run begins at the Westfield Parkway Shopping Center, corner of Fletcher Pkwy and N Johnson Ave in El Cajon. Driver's meeting at 9:30 and run start time is 9:45 am. Most of the SDMC runs begin in North County around Escondido which would be quite a bit closer for anyone coming from Orange County. I will probably be able to invite NSX Prime to a future run as well (depending on how this one turns out). I'm hoping for some decent representation from the NSX community and good comaraderie between the groups.............

Thank you for ^that info. That would be a 90 mile drive for me to the start point. I'll pass on this one. I hope you do post again, with Escondido start points. :smile:

I would definitely like to make this run but I work on Saturdays so I'll have to take a rain check for the next SD run.

Yep, it IS a long drive from Orange County just to get to the start then another 130 miles plus the drive back home. I thought the same thing and almost didn't go to Motor4Toys in Woodland Hills and the subsequent drive. As it turned out the drive was absolutely awesome and it made my effort to get there worthwhile. I asked myself what I would be doing if I did NOT go and realized I had a better chance of having fun if I went. But honestly I DO understand. I'm spoiled with the proximity of my house to most of the SDMC runs in North County and when this run came up I almost didn't go and all I had to do was drive 45 miles to get there. It turned out that it was worth it. There will be plenty of opportunities in the future. As runs come up I will post and see if there are any takers.

Great !!! Keep in mind that you do not have to complete the entire run and can "break off" at any time.

So......I have a few tentative "yes" replies and the offer is still open to join the run next Saturday. Here are the run directions:
February 11 run.
Meeting time changing to 9:30, departing promptly at 9:45. Directions
following, 4 hours drive time .

Chocolate Run
Mileage Location
EL CAJON, CA
Parkway Plaza North West parking (Near Sears)
0.0 Exit parking lot, Turn Right onto Fletcher Parkway
0.4 Right Turn on Magnolia/Highway 8
0.7 Right Turn HWY 8 East bound, merge left (3 lanes)
3.6 Greenfield Dr exit, (#20)
3.8 Right Turn (“Q” UP?)
4.2 Left Turn La Cresta Rd
7.4 Bear Left at Mountain View (CAUTION traffic)
10.1 Right Turn at Harbison Canyon Rd. (CAUTION traffic)
12.6 Left Turn Dehesa Rd.
17.3 Bear Right to Japatul Valley Rd.
29.7 FYI Cross HWY 8, enter Descanso
34.8 Guatay 25 MPH , pause at Hilltop Hardware /Tryyn
Galleries
37.3 Pine Valley 35 MPH
38.7 Right turn Sunrise Hwy, cross over HWY 8 becomes Old
HWY 80
42.8 Left Turn Buckman Springs
43.0 Right Turn Rest Area
43.6 Left Turn Buckman Springs
43.8 Left Turn Old Hwy 80