• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Run Out East VIII, Saturday May 1, 2010

• WHAT: "Run Out East" (cars...friends…food...wine...music)

• WHERE: PINDAR Vineyards, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">37645 Main Road</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">Peconic</st1:City> , <st1:State w:st="on">NY</st1:State> <st1:postalCode w:st="on">11958</st1:postalCode></st1:address><O:p</O:p
(631) 734-6200
http://www.pindar.net/ (directions)

• WHEN: SATURDAY, May 1st, 2010, 11:00AM-3:00PM (Rain Date, Sunday, May 2)

• HOW: price per person…

1) $40.00 IF YOU ARE ENTERING A CAR IN THE CONCOURS. (NOTE: You may also opt to display car for free.) Includes eligibility for trophies & door prizes, the annual ROE hat, a glass of wine, and lunch.

2) $30.00 LUNCH only. Includes a glass of wine and lunch.

3) Spectators, and/or display only of your sports, special interest or exotic car: FREE

Sponsored in part by Autosport Designs/Lotus Motorcars of <ST1:pLong Island</ST1:p

Now, the full story:

On Saturday, May 1st, 2010, dozens of automobile enthusiasts will get together to share their enthusiasm and appreciation for cars. The gathering is the Run Out East (ROE) 8. The venue is Long Island's beautiful <ST1:pEast End </ST1:pand the famous Pindar Vineyards in Peconic.<O:p</O:p

SCHEDULE

1) 9:30 AM. Optional for those who would like to drive out together.

Meet at Autosport Designs, Inc./Lotus Motorcars of Long Island
203 West Hills Road
Huntington Station, NY 11746
Tel: (631) 425-1555

Coffee and pastries provided by Autosport Designs/Lotus Motorcars of Long Island. Meet up with fellow ROE participants and tour their facility (always great cars on hand).

2) 11:00am Arrive at Pindar and display cars

3) 11- 12:30 Vote for People’s Choice Concours

4) 12:30 Announcement of Door Prizes and Concours Winners

5) 1:00- 3:00 Lunch.

RSVP: [email protected] at least one week ahead, so we can advise the caterer accordingly. We WILL accept payment at the "door" as long as we have capacity!

<O:p</O:p

PLEASE INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER OR E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT WILL ENABLE US TO CONTACT YOU THE DAY BEFORE, OR THE DAY OF, THE EVENT IN CASE THE EVENT IS CANCELLED (due to rain)!

PAYMENT: best way to pay is via Paypal. Use payor ID [email protected]; in the comments put “ROE 8”, your name and what you are paying for (eg., 1 car entry, plus one lunch, etc.)

To send a check, e-mail Sam Germana for address: [email protected]

Thanks very much, and hope to see you there!!<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
143546d1268957675-run-out-east-viii-saturday-may-1-2010-roe-8.jpg

Attachments

• ROE 8.pdf
    61.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Will be sending out the money end of this week for car/myself +1 wife. :smile:

Friendly reminder that this event is less than two weeks away...sign up if you haven't already!

See you next Saturday. Will drive the '96 out there with all the 4-sale info with me.

I just registered today so see you all next week.

Passline, want to meet up before the Throgs Neck? :)

See you next Saturday. Will drive the '96 out there with all the 4-sale info with me.

I just registered today so see you all next week.

Passline, want to meet up before the Throgs Neck? :)

Rich and Simon,

Great to see that you're making it for this! It's a really nice event. I assume you're bringing your better halves, no? Even mine (who NEVER goes on runs) is coming to this one!

Don't know if you saw the meeting point at Autosport Designs/Lotus Motorcars of Long Island in Huntington. I hope you can make it there for coffee and pastries and a look around the facility. It's pretty amazing and WELL worth the effort! It's pretty easy to get to off the Northern State Parkway, which is a nice road to drive out on in and of itself (I put the directions off the NSP below...).

See you Saturday (or Sunday, if there's rain on Saturday)...

Randy

East on Northern State Parkway to Exit 39 (Round Swamp Road/Farmingdale) at end of exit ramp make left turn onto Round Swamp Road. Follow 1 mile to end/Jericho Tpke/RT 25. Make right turn, go 1.5 miles to 4th traffic light/West Hills Road. Make left turn onto West Hills Road, proceed one block to #203 West Hills Road, Autosport Designs, Inc. on left.

Rich and Simon,

Great to see that you're making it for this! It's a really nice event. I assume you're bringing your better halves, no? Even mine (who NEVER goes on runs) is coming to this one!

Don't know if you saw the meeting point at Autosport Designs/Lotus Motorcars of Long Island in Huntington. I hope you can make it there for coffee and pastries and a look around the facility. It's pretty amazing and WELL worth the effort! It's pretty easy to get to off the Northern State Parkway, which is a nice road to drive out on in and of itself (I put the directions off the NSP below...).

See you Saturday (or Sunday, if there's rain on Saturday)...

Randy

East on Northern State Parkway to Exit 39 (Round Swamp Road/Farmingdale) at end of exit ramp make left turn onto Round Swamp Road. Follow 1 mile to end/Jericho Tpke/RT 25. Make right turn, go 1.5 miles to 4th traffic light/West Hills Road. Make left turn onto West Hills Road, proceed one block to #203 West Hills Road, Autosport Designs, Inc. on left.

My wife (Andrea) will join us and we are planning on going to the meeting point at Autosport Designs/Lotus Motorcars of Long Island in Huntington

Sounds good. We can meet at the gas station again. 8:30 good? How about Bailey, Roger?
Bailey will be in Md at some NAMBLA conference (j/k), that his GF won't let him out of. Not sure who/what/where I'm meeting up, or whether I'm just going to drive straight out. Just a word of warning, this is my 4th or 5th ROE and the LEO's are well aware of the event and the LIE will be saturated. Don't be careless!!!!:eek:

Bailey will be in Md at some NAMBLA conference (j/k), that his GF won't let him out of. Not sure who/what/where I'm meeting up, or whether I'm just going to drive straight out. Just a word of warning, this is my 4th or 5th ROE and the LEO's are well aware of the event and the LIE will be saturated. Don't be careless!!!!:eek:

Change of plans im In

Bailey your in? hope you didn't create an argument with her to make it. Lol

"Hey there!", Hans Solo.
King Kong is making sense here. We're all in wait mode.
The group decides ................ She's in!

8:30 or 9:00? :confused:

Congrats to bailey on his 5000th post which include her, so you know what this means

Shes good like that besides she lives with me I dont live with her so the dog house is mine. :biggrin:

Dude, am I ever going to meet this lady? Is she going on Sat?:smile: Andrea would like to meet her too.

"Hey there!", Hans Solo.

I've met "her", she's real, contrary to popular belief, she is NOT a "blow up doll". Bailey might be the "host" of the "dog house", but I think she's got the "collar" around "his neck".

I've been to 4 of the last ROE's and can't stress enough that LEO will be looking for you in full force. Be very careful!!!!

I've met "her", she's real, contrary to popular belief, she is NOT a "blow up doll". Bailey might be the "host" of the "dog house", but I think she's got the "collar" around "his neck".

I've been to 4 of the last ROE's and can't stress enough that LEO will be looking for you in full force. Be very careful!!!!

Roger, thanks for the warning and I will take it easy for sure.

"Hey there!", Hans Solo.

Rich,

Let's meet at 8:45am at the Gas Station before the bridge tomorrow. :)

Thanks pal. On the other hand, maybe a LEO will buy my car? :eek::eek::confused:

Rich, if they impound the car, it doesn't count as a sale!!!
I'll be heading out from my house, direct to Pindar @ 8:45am, don't want to meet everyone at the place in Huntington for the reason that I stated. I've done the drive with groups of as many as 12-15 cars of people that I know well and have driven with many times, and a few have been "picked off" each year, either coming or going. The group leaving from the place in Huntington will be quite a bit larger, I won't know many of them, and with all that "testosterone" out on the LIE, it'll be just too easy for LEO to feast like a lion!!!:eek:

I'll be heading out from my house, direct to Pindar @ 8:45am, don't want to meet everyone at the place in Huntington for the reason that I stated. I've done the drive with groups of as many as 12-15 cars of people that I know well and have driven with many times, and a few have been "picked off" each year, either coming or going. The group leaving from the place in Huntington will be quite a bit larger, I won't know many of them, and with all that "testosterone" out on the LIE, it'll be just too easy for LEO to feast like a lion!!!:eek:

Understood. This being the first time for us, we are just a bit "nosey" to see what's up. If they lose me on the road, so be it. We know the way. :smile:
Don't forget the sunscreen. Have a safe, enjoyable drive and we'll see ya out there.

Understood. This being the first time for us, we are just a bit "nosey" to see what's up. If they lose me on the road, so be it. We know the way. :smile:
Don't forget the sunscreen. Have a safe, enjoyable drive and we'll see ya out there.

RPM217 and Rich,

Indeed, we expect about 20 cars to be at Autosport Designs and your points about the LEO are well taken. That said, while there will likely be an exception or two, generally speaking the ASD crowd skews much more to the 'older/wiser' side than the 'look-at-me-go/testosterone' side, so I don't think it'll be quite as supercharged as you suggest (hopefully these will NOT prove to be 'famous last words!').

Anyway, in order to get out east more or less on time WITHOUT having to rush so much, we are now moving things up a little and plan on leaving ASD at 10:30 (arrive at Pinder 11:30-11:45). So we'll be at the shop by 8:30 for any early birds.

We also have a route planned that'll bypass the heavy traffic in Riverhead which should save a little time on the ride out.

See you all tomorrow!

Back