• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rx7fd 2 Now Nsx

Hey guys, i wanted to say hello to all of you guys out there. yes i have done it, i have sold my RX7FD, moving away from the rotary, and now trying to choose between the Porsche C4 or NSX. I'm trying to learn as much as i can, i would rather work on reliability mods first and getting what ever future NSX i own up to par, if need be.

i would like to own a newer NSX, 02+ i love the new body styles and lines. so if you guys have any tips for me to look for, i would be very happy. I'm trying to get use to this site, coming from the ROTARY world this site is alien to me. thanks for the future help, this is my first post.

E boogie

Hey guys, i wanted to say hello to all of you guys out there. yes i have done it, i have sold my RX7FD, moving away from the rotary, and now trying to choose between the Porsche C4 or NSX. I'm trying to learn as much as i can, i would rather work on reliability mods first and getting what ever future NSX i own up to par, if need be.

i would like to own a newer NSX, 02+ i love the new body styles and lines. so if you guys have any tips for me to look for, i would be very happy. I'm trying to get use to this site, coming from the ROTARY world this site is alien to me. thanks for the future help, this is my first post.

E boogie

congrats!

forget about that 40K mile time bomb :biggrin:

enjoy years of trouble free driving.

Welcome! both are great cars! If you can, get both! I had a Supra and 928S which I loved too. In fact, I drove my sister's RX-7 in 1981 and loved that too. However, there is love and there is love, and I LOVE my NSX the most! can't wait to read more from my smarter and more experienced Prime bros. BTW, my wife loves her new Odyssey Touring (16 cup holders I haven't located).

Welcome aboard. Lots to learn from this site. I'm still learning. Good luck on your search no matter which car you choose.:smile:

E boogie

Nsx is recognized as the most reliable exotic car out there with good resale. Porsche is a nice car as well but not as rare and depending on year of the Porsche I would recommend buying a warranty unless of course your buying a 964 93+ or 993 those are solid 911's. Either way you can't go wrong follow your heart.

Thank You All For The Warm Welcome, To Be Honest I Was Not Expecting To Get This At All, I Was Told That It Would Be Nothing But Rich Snobs On This Forum And That Statement Was Wayyyy Off.

I Have Been Looking At Some Of The Different Yrs And Im Leaning On The 99yr, I Love The Body Of That Yr, Especially The Lines On The Doors.

Can You Guys Help Me With My Quest Of Looking For One.

I Have Always Wanted A Yellow Nsx. 99 Or Oo Would Be The Yrs.

Just Some ? For You Guru's If I Wanted The 3.2 And 6 Speed Trans, Is It A Smooth Swap Or Would Modification Be Necessary.

Also Coming From From The Turbo Rotary World, I Ran My Fd @ 17psi 405 Hp, I Would Love To Stay In That Range So The ? That I Have Is, What Needs To Be Done If I Want To Stay In The Reliable 400's With A Turbo. Wow Sooo Many ? Lol. Thanks For The Looks And Tips.

Welcome! I am very pleased with my 91 nsx and it is so exciting to have one. No major issues.

Thank You All For The Warm Welcome, To Be Honest I Was Not Expecting To Get This At All, I Was Told That It Would Be Nothing But Rich Snobs On This Forum And That Statement Was Wayyyy Off.

I Have Been Looking At Some Of The Different Yrs And Im Leaning On The 99yr, I Love The Body Of That Yr, Especially The Lines On The Doors.

Can You Guys Help Me With My Quest Of Looking For One.

I Have Always Wanted A Yellow Nsx. 99 Or Oo Would Be The Yrs.

Just Some ? For You Guru's If I Wanted The 3.2 And 6 Speed Trans, Is It A Smooth Swap Or Would Modification Be Necessary.

Also Coming From From The Turbo Rotary World, I Ran My Fd @ 17psi 405 Hp, I Would Love To Stay In That Range So The ? That I Have Is, What Needs To Be Done If I Want To Stay In The Reliable 400's With A Turbo. Wow Sooo Many ? Lol. Thanks For The Looks And Tips.

Hey Boogie,
Welcome and good luck on your quest in finding your next ride.
If you are looking for a 3.2 6speed then that year starts 1997. So you can get a 97 and it would be the same as a 99 (BTW 91-2001 have the same body lines). 97 has plenty of yellow for you to choose from. There are many turbo kits out there that can get you the power you needed easily. But be warn that these kits don't come at a price you would find for other cars. You are looking to drop $12-$15K to get 400+WHP. As for Porches (;)) I don't know much about them.

I love my NSX but bear in mind it is a car that has been out of production for 3 years when comparing it to other choices.

I Have Always Wanted A Yellow Nsx.

Great choice! Best color for the NSX period (emphasis added). :biggrin:

Speaking of body lines, I feel in love with the FD3s at its debut. The curvature was sporty and pure, yet aggressive; Something you wouldn't expect from a Japanese car maker. Interior was in harmony with proliferated leather shift knob, steering wheel, and the chrome etched tachometer which took center stage. Pure bliss...

Ok, back to reality... Good luck on your search and welcome to the board :smile:

Hey Guys I Want To Thank All, For The Lov And Warm Feelings. And Thanks Supra2nv For The Link And Info, Did Some Diggin And Found A Few Things.

Welcome:smile: If you like mods, the early cars (91-94) are good since they are OBDI, lighter, stiffer chassis since they have no targa....but the color choices are limited.

Good Luck on your search

Another option to turbo is supercharging. Check out the thread on the forced induction forum to see the pros and cons of both approaches. The Comptech Super Charger is not available but should be available again soon and there is discussion of a potential group buy again. It is also cheaper to install into a Non Targa car, 91 to 94 and to a lesser extent as the cars get newer, as the coupes get rarer. The 5 spd and 3.0 motor are perfect for this set up and the clutch is cheaper in those models. If you are lucky you may even be able to find a car with it already installed, just have compression and leakdown checked before you buy. Advice given to me on this forum and probably saved me a bunddle.

Check out the WIKI section for more info.

Good luck,

Tytus

Back