• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S-03's noise

Is it me or do the Bridgestone S-03's make alot of noise. I think the Super Swampers on my H1 make less noise! I've had alot of other tire brands and I dont remember any of them being this loud, but I also dont have any fender liners now either(widebody loss). Any opinions?

I have personally found the SO3's to be one of the quieter high performance tires. Better than Bridgestone RE750's and so much better than Yokohama ES100's (so loud my mechanic thought I had bad bearings:eek: ) It has been too long since I had OEM tires that I cannot compare. Try Olde Guy, he just switched from OEM to SO3's.

I've heard that complaint before about the S03's and S02's.
I gave me old 'used' S02's to a buddy of mine, who put them on his M3, and he also complaint about the noise, second complaint was that they are no fun to drive.... to sticky... ;)
Personnaly i can't compare, coz i always have bridgestone's S02/S03's

i've found that the so2-o3 line will hum or strum when the tread is thinning out as in near the end of thier useful life.It is also around this time where they can get spooky in the rain.

I think the Super Swampers on my H1 make less noise!
I used to do a ton of off-roading, and for the people not familiar with Super Swampers this is a HUGE exaggeration.

DocJohn is right...as usual. My S03s are humming a bit now, but they are on they're final leg. As mentioned, they are getting quite bad in the rain.

ncdogdoc said:
I have personally found the SO3's to be one of the quieter high performance tires. Better than Bridgestone RE750's and so much better than Yokohama ES100's (so loud my mechanic thought I had bad bearings:eek: ) It has been too long since I had OEM tires that I cannot compare. Try Olde Guy, he just switched from OEM to SO3's.

I too was worried I might be hearing bearings. How would I know? My tires are brand new and my car is driving perfect.

Most tires nearing the end of their life get really noisy. Each tread block acts as a sound absorber. The thinner it gets, the less noise it can filter.

Another symptom of noisy tires are tires that haven't cared for. Example: lack of rotation or swapping, air pressure checks and alignment checks. Tires do not abnormally start wearing in odd patterns. It is an outside factor that creates it. Some tires are more succeptible to mistakes and neglect.

MikeB said:
Most tires nearing the end of their life get really noisy. Each tread block acts as a sound absorber. The thinner it gets, the less noise it can filter.

Another symptom of noisy tires are tires that haven't cared for. Example: lack of rotation or swapping, air pressure checks and alignment checks. Tires do not abnormally start wearing in odd patterns. It is an outside factor that creates it. Some tires are more succeptible to mistakes and neglect.

As stated in the post above, the tires are brand new??

All of my s-03s were very quiet when new, but after about 500-1000 miles they always (I've had a total of 3 sets on different cars) get a lot louder. Anyone know why that is? By the way I'm done with bridgestones-between the noise and the failures, they have become more of an aggrevation than they are worth(just my 2 cents)! see this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41923

Last edited:
Back