• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000/RSX Steering Wheel Adaptors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the airbag is still wired up. The light comes on and goes out as normal. Having said that there can never be a 100% guarantee just like the OEM one but it should work... hard to test until that time though...
The cruise works as normal.

The VGS wheel was put on Senninha's car. He is a UK member on here. It's not the best picture for depth but it does look good on the car. He did a CF wrap on the top & bottom parts.

The adaptor is made to fit S2000 & RSX style wheels. If you are able to check the metal from of other wheels under the plastic covers then you will see if there is any similarity and can then judge if it will work....

Hope this helps

Any picture?

So with these wheel upgrades do you guys maintain the airbag or cruise control functions? Those are the two main reasons I have not swapped the wheel yet.

What about other Acura wheels such as the one from the CR-Z perhaps?

Attachments

• VGS%20install.jpg
    VGS%20install.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 310
Hagasan... Im working on installing the steering wheel and airbag but can't figure out how you managed to get the rats nest of wires tucked away? Any insight?

Hagasan... Im working on installing the steering wheel and airbag but can't figure out how you managed to get the rats nest of wires tucked away? Any insight?

Hi,
The key is patience. When we installed mine, most of the time taken was to carefully feed the ribbon through the adaptor and then to ensure all cables were free of the of the S2k rim!
Regards,
Paul

Hi there, sorry for the delay replying.... I missed your post.

What I did with some of the wiring is carefully route it under the white U-shaped horn piece. You can easily remove it to help, just three allen-head bolts.

As your post was a little while ago, have you succesfully fitted it yet?

Where can I get this VGS wheel? Are they still available? If so, I might do the adaptor. Senninha's looks awesome

Where can I get this VGS wheel? Are they still available? If so, I might do the adaptor. Senninha's looks awesome

I think Paul got his wheel via a Yahoo Japan auction? He may chime in at some point to confirm. There was one for sale for quite a while on the UK Ebay site as well. It was quite expensive but eventually sold.

Yep, Yahoo Japan for the rim then source the airbag locally ...

I liked the S2k idea but wanted something different ... The VGS does just this ... Will have it retrimed over the winter but the wrap works OK for now :smile:

Yep, Yahoo Japan for the rim then source the airbag locally ...

I liked the S2k idea but wanted something different ... The VGS does just this ... Will have it retrimed over the winter but the wrap works OK for now :smile:

Is this an aftermarket wheel? Or factory? I've seen one for $700 but is that without an airbag too?

Add me to the list. I am just interested in replacing my mono with an S2K custom-covered wheel .

Is this an aftermarket wheel? Or factory? I've seen one for $700 but is that without an airbag too?

It's factory. From the variable gear steering (VGS) option S2000 in Japan.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Add me to the list.

Add me to the list.

That's cool will do. I was just thinking earlier that as my part is the cheapest link it would probably make sense for you to have it ready when you source your wheel :smile: Especially as there will only be a single run probably...

NEXT LIST OF BUYERS:

1. audax
2. nikey22
3. nsx1145
4. imranman
5. bboxer
6. TURBO2GO

Hi there, sorry for the delay replying.... I missed your post.

What I did with some of the wiring is carefully route it under the white U-shaped horn piece. You can easily remove it to help, just three allen-head bolts.

As your post was a little while ago, have you succesfully fitted it yet?

I got the airbag in, for show, as I still am having difficulties getting all the wiring connected and tucked away such that the airbag can sit in nicely.

So before I put my name down...

All I would need is:

1.) This adapter
2.) JDM Acura RSX DC5 Type R Steering Wheel
3.) JDM Acura RSX DC5 Type R Steering Wheel SRS Air Bag

and then install it?

Is there anything else I'm missing?

D

So before I put my name down...

All I would need is:

1.) This adapter
2.) JDM Acura RSX DC5 Type R Steering Wheel
3.) JDM Acura RSX DC5 Type R Steering Wheel SRS Air Bag

and then install it?

Is there anything else I'm missing?

D

you'll need an SOS short hub.honestly if you want the oem look this is the only way to go.

Hi guys, just to let you know I've started the ball rolling to get these made up. I'll PM you all next week.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi guys, just to let you know I've started the ball rolling to get these made up. I'll PM you all next week.

Thanks,

Gary

Sweet! Just ordered my short hub from SoS and a VGS wheel from Japan. :biggrin:

1. audax
2. nikey22
3. nsx1145
4. imranman
5. bboxer
6. TURBO2GO
7. Chris NSX
8. Hatchboi

Just added myself to the list also