• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2K Cluster in NSX

Hey, it's no problem. I'm sure others could figure it out, if they put in the time. It's just been a lot of work to get this far, so I don't want to give away everything.

I see your point. However, if the worse should ever happen and my oil press = 0 i'd rather blow my engine than get rear ended on the fwy when my car cruises to a stop. At least the last bits of oil droplets will get me to the shoulder without endangering my life.

either way.. it's a bad situation all the way around. :eek:

Some people would probably want to opt to get rear-ended on the freeway when they find out that they will be $10k poorer......

I am not worried about oil pressure so much as I will have it displayed on my Nav Pod with the HKS CAMP2 system in a few months. It will also give volts and a bunch of other readings as well. So ... that my plan.

There is no way to install an oil pressure gauge in the cluster housing. We've looked into this and no one makes a gauge small enough.

So your options are .... 1. gauges down the A Pilar, 2. gauges in a custom centre console set up or 3. the HKS CAMP2 option in a NAV POD displayed on an LCD screen.

Some people would probably want to opt to get rear-ended on the freeway when they find out that they will be $10k poorer......
haha

i'm sure for some people a broken neck and $10k hurts equally as much

but in the interest of staying on topic...
What did you guys have in mind for the DIY kit? Is it any different than what's been proposed here so far?

The DIY kit will be altered to what you need. If you need everything, I can provide the cluster, the custom harness, the instructions, the trim plate, and even odometer calibration.
haha

i'm sure for some people a broken neck and $10k hurts equally as much

but in the interest of staying on topic...
What did you guys have in mind for the DIY kit? Is it any different than what's been proposed here so far?

The DIY kit will be altered to what you need. If you need everything, I can provide the cluster, the custom harness, the instructions, the trim plate, and even odometer calibration.

There are a few thisngs that you the car owner will have to "DYI" once you receive the harness and adaptor plate from Chris (apkarian100).

1. Two wires need to be tapped to the cars electircal harness
2. Modify the NSX Cluster Bezel for the adaptor plate
(unless you want Chris to do this, you must ship your bezel to him)
3. Modify the S-2000 cluster housing to fit adaptor plate / bexzel
(unless you want Chris to do this)
4. Modify the rear of the NSX dash so the S2000 cluster can fit properly
without pressure on the NSX dash etc. (Need Dremel Tool for this)
5. Adaptor Plate finish. (Alum, Black, Custom Color, Cabon Fiber etc.)
(Unless you want Chris to do this.)

Regardless, you will have to DYI #1 and #4.
I have made step by step instructions that are included with the adaptor plate for steps #2, #3 & #4 if you want to do them.
I spoke to Chris the other day and he said he would provide instructions on step #1 with the KIT.

I will be more then happy to answer any questions with regards to the installation and fit and finish portion of this. If you have any suggestions or would like specific requests regarding your kit, please contact;
Chris (apkarian100) for pricing etc.

Sorry but I cant say i like it to much, great job getting it to work though I know how it is f-ing with the new Harness for the cluster, but i like the old look better,, just my 2 cents

Yah, it's not for everyone.

I also am looking into swapping in the Integra DC5 cluster in the NSX. I don't know the fitment yet, and I don't know if I'll have time to start on it any time soon.

DC5Cluster05-06002.jpg

Sorry but I cant say i like it to much, great job getting it to work though I know how it is f-ing with the new Harness for the cluster, but i like the old look better,, just my 2 cents

I think this is an amazing project. I'm not a big fan of the results (I just like watching needles bend more than a digital light moving across the dash), but I totally appreciate what you guys are doing. It's keeping our cars modern while Mother Honda continues to neglect us. And I love how you are using more modern parts from other Honda / Acura models. Between these, the LED tail lights, and the stuff that VROOM is doing with the console...... it's really extending the lives of these cars. Just a really really amazing job guys.

Now that I would go for that looks cool as shit!! but no oil pressure?
I wonder,,,, you got me thinking!! you could add teh oil presure from a 93 prelude maybe,, let me get back to this thread later

you guys are making a big deal out of the oil pressure but yet the oem one is terribly in accurate? get an aftermarket one if you care about it so much or make an audible one... i think the dc5 would be freakin awesome

I thought Darrin's idea of mounting a new oil pressure gauge in the Navpod was a great idea, but there are other options and areas too.
you guys are making a big deal out of the oil pressure but yet the oem one is terribly in accurate? get an aftermarket one if you care about it so much or make an audible one... i think the dc5 would be freakin awesome

Some good news. I found the company who makes the factory NSX gauge cluster connectors. Now I will be all set to make these adaptive harnesses without destroying perfectly good NSX gauge clusters.

Chris,

That is great news! I have been experimenting with the "blue" conversion and I got the filter / light difuser figured out ... now I just have to find the right blue gel filter to make it POP ... or add more LEDS.

I am almost done fooling aournd with it. I must have taken the cluster in and out of my car 100+ times already. I might just fall back to the factory colors and be done with it as I have other project that need my attention like Nav Pod with CAMP2 for my Oil Pressure & Volt gauges!

Also ... I have serveral "Face Plate Trim Adaptors" in stock should Primers start to order these kits form you. :wink:

Darren,

please keep two trim kits aside for my order with Chris.

Thanks,

Gary

Chris,

That is great news! I have been experimenting with the "blue" conversion and I got the filter / light difuser figured out ... now I just have to find the right blue gel filter to make it POP ... or add more LEDS.

I am almost done fooling aournd with it. I must have taken the cluster in and out of my car 100+ times already. I might just fall back to the factory colors and be done with it as I have other project that need my attention like Nav Pod with CAMP2 for my Oil Pressure & Volt gauges!

Also ... I have serveral "Face Plate Trim Adaptors" in stock should Primers start to order these kits form you. :wink:

Cool thread. maybe I should keep my AP2 cluster for my own project down the line :smile:

I'd deffinately keep it and do it! Most people that have seen mine have liked it. For those that do not want to "change" their NSX and want to keep it stock, then this is not for them, however it does update the look of the dash.

You should see the faces of S-2000 owners when they see it in the NSX dash. They get confused ...:confused:!

Darren,

please keep two trim kits aside for my order with Chris.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary,

Chris has already talked to me about them. I have them put aside for you so no worries.

I can appreciate all the quality work that went into this, and I can see that it provides an alternative to the stock NSX cluster. However, I did chuckle at the following statement:
however it does update the look of the dash.

I have a car with an instrument cluster that has
1. A tri-color LCD display
2. Graphic speedometer readout plus a digital display of speed
3. Graphic tach in the shape of the engine's torque curve, plus a digital readout of the RPM
4. Bar graph readout of the fuel level plus a warning "light" (actually, a square that lights up on the LCD display) for low fuel
5. Digital readout of oil temp and oil pressure, with a warning "light" if either is out of range
6. Digital readout of coolant temperature plus an out of range warning "light"
7. Digital reaodut of charging voltage plus an out of range warning "light"
8. Some other usual LCD indicators (sealt belt, turn signal, high beams, etc)
9. Selectable Digital trip OD or range indicator
10 Selectable instantaneous or average MPG digital readout

Which of my three cars has that? The '84 Corvette! So, is this an update or a step back in time? :biggrin:

In any case, nice work.:wink:

Back