• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sac Raceway or Infineon anyone (Wed. May 3rd)?

mickeylex said:
I'm still on the tentative list for Sac Raceway on May 3rd. I plan to be there, but will probably need to meet you up there since I take I-5 to Sac.

I say those in the immediate bay area, should pick a place to meet up @? I'm wanting to see what mine will do!

I say those in the immediate bay area, should pick a place to meet up @? I'm wanting to see what mine will do!

Rey...if you are planning to meet me and hopefully Nalesh at Sac Raceway, then we can meet up in Fairfield where I live and drive out together. Let me know what you plan to do.

I live in Sac and will be there. I'm actually going to head out tomorrow also for a couple passes.

I'm gong for sure on May 3rd (depending on the weather of course). Let me know if you want to meet up Rey.

Sorry guys. I won't make it this Wednesday. My boss (the one at work) decided to take vacation early (starting Wednesday) and left me in charge (scary thought).

Sorry guys. I won't make it this Wednesday. My boss (the one at work) decided to take vacation early (starting Wednesday) and left me in charge (scary thought).

No problem Nalesh. It was great seeing you at the Danville event! I just want to do one last check to see who else is planning to go. I am meeting up with RedlineRex this Wednesday at the track.

Rey....If you are still planning on going PM me if you want to meet up in Fairfield and drive out together. I am planning on getting there at 3:30 PM so that I can get as many trial runs as possible and leave by eliminations (~ 6PM). So, I would need to leave my house no later than 2:00 PM.

ryan1926 said:
No problem Nalesh. It was great seeing you at the Danville event! I just want to do one last check to see who else is planning to go. I am meeting up with RedlineRex this Wednesday at the track.

Rey....If you are still planning on going PM me if you want to meet up in Fairfield and drive out together. I am planning on getting there at 3:30 PM so that I can get as many trial runs as possible and leave by eliminations (~ 6PM). So, I would need to leave my house no later than 2:00 PM.

I JUST got back from the BAHAMAS MON:cool: . Doesn't look like i'll be going. Have to play catch up @ work now. SORRY!!!:frown:

I JUST got back from the BAHAMAS MON . Doesn't look like i'll be going. Have to play catch up @ work now. SORRY!!!

Welcome back! No problem. It looks like it's just me and RedlineRex.

was a fun night, had three nsx's show up. i'll let ryan1926 spill the beans on the results ... he may even post up some vids if you ask him nicely.:wink:

good times in the buick, mariner. looks like you were getting some good traction based on your ET and trap. drag radials?

It was definitely a fun night! One thing I learned was that I definitely can't launch my car! :biggrin: RedlineRex had a really good showing, running a best of 12.7 @ 112 mph (2.0 60ft) consistently. I was consistently running a 13.0 @ 110 mph (2.2 60 ft :mad: ). I would either bog the launch of have too much wheel spin. The 1 good launch that I got I ended up missing 3rd gear. :mad: At least my trap speed is up there. Steve (I believe his Prime Handle is SMGNSX) was out there also in his twin-turbo NSX. I think he was running 13's spinning the tires through all of the gears and later in the night losing 4th gear :eek: ).

It was great meeting you Paul (RedlineRex) and Steve (SMGNSX???). If anyone else is up to go again Paul and I will meet you out there. :smile: I have to come home with at least one 12 sec. timeslip! Once I download some of the video clips I will post a link to them.

Last edited:
RedlineRex said:
good times in the buick, mariner. looks like you were getting some good traction based on your ET and trap. drag radials?

Actually, it was spinning through 1st, 2.0 60'. With more tuning and better launching, I'll get an 11 out of this stock motor eventually.

what have you done to your NSX to run 112mph?

75shot dry. brought the traps from 107mph on the motor to 113ish on the juice.

RedlineRex said:
75shot dry. brought the traps from 107mph on the motor to 113ish on the juice.

I am glad you got the NOS dialed in. I was thinking about doing the same but will wait a little bit longer since I have too many little projects that I am currently working on for my 944 to get it ready for the track. I will definitely make it out there one day and will let you know in advance. Talk to you soon.

Well I'm glad you guys had a good time and ran well, as you can see the white car is no 1/4 mile car spinning the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and on the rev limiter all the way through every gear until 4th gear Oh Yea what 4th gear.

Well a 13:10 at 106 mph really sucks but so be it, maybe thats why it is a road race car. Also if you Drag Race you must loose the GT500 wing as it is on the car for the rear downforce not a anchor. See you guys soon at a road coarse you will have way more fun.

Steve

I forgot to mention that Paul, Steve, and I met another NSX owner at the racetrack (sorry...I forgot your name :redface: ) It was great meeting you as well and I hope to see you at some NSX events. I would love to see some of the pics that you took! Feel free to introduce yourself on this thread.

Here are some video clips from the Sac Raceway drags that RedlineRex (Nitrous), SMGNSX (Turbo), and I (CTSC) attended. Sorry about the poor video resolution. Something was lost when the video was uploaded to Google Video. Unfortunately the video isn't edited so below is a breakdown of the NSX related runs. Try not to laugh too hard when watching me attempt to launch my car (I either bogged or spun the tires = 2.2+ 60 ft times) :redface: . The commentary is courtesy of my friend Derek and his son JoJo. Enjoy!

Clip 1 (start of video): RedlineRex (12.7@112mph) vs. Camaro SS

Clip 2 (0:42): Me (13.0@109mph) vs. 5.0 Mustang

Clip 3 (12:14): RedlineRex (12.8@112) vs. Turbo Lexus SC 300

Clip 4 (13:45): Me (13.0@109mph) vs. Ford Lightning

Clip 5 (14:43): SMGNSX (13.3@106mph) vs. Mustang???

Clip 6 (19:20): Me (13.2@110mph; missed 3rd gear during my best 60ft time of 2.0. My potential 12 second run! :redface: ) vs. Ford Lightning

Clip 7 (19:57): Me (13.2@110mph) vs. Lincoln Mark VIII (Beginning of eliminations)

Clip 8 (20:29): Me (13.3@110mph) vs. S2000

Clip 9 (22:22): Me (13.0@110mph) vs. RedlineRex (12.7@112mph)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5005805349379991546

Looks like you are picking up about 4-5MPH in the 1/4 over a non-CTSC setup. Did you ever run the 1/4 without the blower?

Back