• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sad to see NSX Prime become such a ghost town

Facepage is nice
th

hey guys whatever happened to Dave aka turbo2go......his car had some amazing mods...he was so active then poof...

As a new member I think closing some of the subforums is the way to go. Also I've found it a bit frustrating to find current info as most topics of interest are several years if not over a decade old. Also it seems like a lot of pictures are no longer hosted or available. Not sure if the issue is on my side or what.

As a new member I think closing some of the subforums is the way to go. Also I've found it a bit frustrating to find current info as most topics of interest are several years if not over a decade old. Also it seems like a lot of pictures are no longer hosted or available. Not sure if the issue is on my side or what.

The picture-hosting and broken links snags have been a bummer to me for years. I tried always uploading my pics to Prime, it just takes a little more work. As for keeping around old topics....I’d have it no other way. After all, for many of us, our favorite car is over 25 years old. Prioritizing only the newest and freshest is the very “issue” this thread is about. :)

The picture-hosting and broken links snags have been a bummer to me for years. I tried always uploading my pics to Prime, it just takes a little more work. As for keeping around old topics....I’d have it no other way. After all, for many of us, our favorite car is over 25 years old. Prioritizing only the newest and freshest is the very “issue” this thread is about. :)

I should've been more clear. My compliant wasn't on the old topic but the fact that there have been no updates to the subject in several years. For example it seems like there's no current info on good replacement LED bulbs that won't cause the hyperflash or bulb out warning.

boo................

. What if there were more quality postings (with lots of pictures for the impatient who have ADD) and the best of these were posted in the Facebook groups with a link that takes people back into nsxprime.com for the full article or posting? Shit tier publications like huffingtonpost.com have become extremely popular using this technique together with their click bait worthy titles.

Does anyone know if Facebook will allow this type of repeated usage or would Prime have to pay in order for it to be effective? Even if they'll allow it, they could still de-prioritize such postings from appearing in people's feeds.

This already happens. Prime is such a repository of information that useful threads are often quoted in both the FB NSX Prime and NSXOG groups. I know I’ve done my part and linked from FB to Prime when appropriate. FB doesn’t charge for it, but it would require more work on the FB groups’ admins to do this linking on a regular basis.

I do hate that many threads have dead pics. Ugh....but that is the nature of the Internet....hosts go bust....

hey guys whatever happened to Dave aka turbo2go......his car had some amazing mods...he was so active then poof...
He started his own thing as a moderator on Facebook called Apex Automotor. He went by Dave here but I guess he is Dan on FB. Still has his Silverstone and still loves his nsx.

good to hear that our enthusiastic owners are still active somewhere...like I always say...FB meh........but I own the stock...:wink:

FB meh........but I own the stock...:wink:

Me, too. Got in at the IPO. Go join FB. Do what I do—I stick to my car club pages and occasionally post about other useless crap, avoiding politics like the plague.

So Dan H. on FB is actually Dave? So confused.....

One and only thing I cannot stand about FB is that everyone turned into a political activist there. It’s sickening. The take a break function works well though.:rolleyes:

Now would be perhaps a good time to un-privatize the 2nd Gen New Owner's Group discussion. Let's read what they've been rejoicing over or complaining about, and liven things up around here. :) I understood, generally, the thought behind keeping it private initially. I'm guessing there's discussion elsewhere in NSXPrime about plans to "open the tomb" in TBD number of years, but if there is not: Since in 5 years it might seem kinda silly to still be locked down, why not rip off the bandaid now? :)

Now would be perhaps a good time to un-privatize the 2nd Gen New Owner's Group discussion. Let's read what they've been rejoicing over or complaining about, and liven things up around here. :) I understood, generally, the thought behind keeping it private initially. I'm guessing there's discussion elsewhere in NSXPrime about plans to "open the tomb" in TBD number of years, but if there is not: Since in 5 years it might seem kinda silly to still be locked down, why not rip off the bandaid now? :)

Probably because a certain one or two members would shit all over their vehicle choice and chase them away.

that's what the ignore function is for...

There really isn't much going on in the 2nd Gen Owners section. Most is on FB. I did make this meme this morning which sums up some of our experiences lol.

FB_IMG_1531917104368.jpg

Omg! Genius....

Probably because a certain one or two members would shit all over their vehicle choice and chase them away.
I'd sure like to believe we're past most of that noise at this point, and the hardcore supportive members are the majority, but I get your point. As most of us care less of what the majority of friends or Joe Public think of our vehicle choice towards sub-300 hp pokey slow big-butt 20 year old cars, why shouldn't most gen 2 owners be able to do the same to local hecklers. :) As much as I had no issue with the private area for a somewhat controversial vehicle, and as much as it's not important to me if the tomb is ever opened, if you step back a bit, it is kinda cute/funny to see a private area for a vehicle. What does it say about the NSX community's confidence in a vehicle if owners need a safe room. Just a hypothetical point to ponder, and not looking for justification of the closed forum nor the formation of a mob with torches and pitchforks clamoring to open the door.

Omg! Genius....
Oh that is so funny, I agree. Except, should say Zanardi not Ferrari (speaking of critiquing others' vehicle choices.. [MENTION=16328]gleibig[/MENTION])

Last edited:
fire bad............................

......ha..that is what tito's is for.........

Back