• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sad to see NSX Prime become such a ghost town

Wow all the old dogs showed up, I couldnt not drop in to say “Hi”!

I still love my NSX as much as I did but with 3 kids it just became hard to spend time. I still visit from time to time and update any tech im still involved in.

Im slow playing my mods so I can continue to enjoy it. Last thing I want is to get to the point when im done my mods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That meme is fire! So funny.

There really isn't much going on in the 2nd Gen Owners section. Most is on FB. I did make this meme this morning which sums up some of our experiences lol.

I dont have FB. And refuse to open an account!!!
But Im some what guilty also.
Im here in prime but mostly looking and not posting.

Sent from Samsung Note8

There really isn't much going on in the 2nd Gen Owners section. Most is on FB. I did make this meme this morning which sums up some of our experiences lol.

View attachment 154663

Genius, Rob!

I also returned to Prime recently and was struck at how quiet it is now. So many of my NSX friends are gone- tbromley, Lrao, WingZ, comtec, malibu rapper, etc. There was a core group of about 100 people that you could always rely on generating good NSX content daily. Now...crickets. I think FB is good for buying or selling in terms of reach, but not anything else. I wonder if NSXCB is having the same issue on their forum?

At least you guys will be able to follow my new build thread. Should provide years of reading enjoyment!

I wonder if NSXCB is having the same issue on their forum?
The German forum closed (hacked), the Europe forum is dead. A few people have joined the UK forum since then. The few posts per day/week are of high quality and a lot of technical info and help. In a highly concentrated form. Prime degraded in this particular case very, very much IMHO.

I also think that not a lot of NSX are being driven in Europe. The car gets older (the owners too!) and neglected and some owners don't know how to keep it on the road or don't have the means to do so. In some countries they don't have reliable dealerships which can work on the car or the dealer says: no parts anymore or superexpensive (long waiting time for sure anyway). DIY is not very common. Some original owners who always brought the car to a Honda dealership get pissed more and more. While it worked out to have the car serviced for the first 10-15 years because the car is a reliable Honda they get surprised that the car needs some addition love and care after these years but they don't know where to get it fixed. So the cars leave stranded. It doesn't attract younger people to own one, there are other sportcars out there...

That's a big difference to the US. Still astonished how prime degraded so much.

Ever hopeful I'm still here!
:smile:

H-

The German forum closed (hacked), the Europe forum is dead. A few people have joined the UK forum since then. The few posts per day/week are of high quality and a lot of technical info and help. In a highly concentrated form. Prime degraded in this particular case very, very much IMHO.

I also think that not a lot of NSX are being driven in Europe. The car gets older (the owners too!) and neglected and some owners don't know how to keep it on the road or don't have the means to do so. In some countries they don't have reliable dealerships which can work on the car or the dealer says: no parts anymore or superexpensive (long waiting time for sure anyway). DIY is not very common. Some original owners who always brought the car to a Honda dealership get pissed more and more. While it worked out to have the car serviced for the first 10-15 years because the car is a reliable Honda they get surprised that the car needs some addition love and care after these years but they don't know where to get it fixed. So the cars leave stranded. It doesn't attract younger people to own one, there are other sportcars out there...

That's a big difference to the US. Still astonished how prime degraded so much.

Yes, but you would think that as the cars deteriorate more and more, the forums would become more active, as owners would require more DIY info instead of relying on dealers. I can tell you, with my most recent dealer NSX experience, I would never take my NSX to a dealer again. At this point, I'm better off reading the forums, consulting the experts, and doing it myself. I mean, how hard is it to torque the cam cover bolts in order- they put it right in the manual! :D You would think that the European owners are even more in this boat and would thus need to rely on the forums more, but no.

Ever hopeful I'm still here!
:smile:

H-

Most of us are still around, we need to drag the forum back to prominence! Use FB just to sell stuff lol.

Yes, but you would think that as the cars deteriorate more and more, the forums would become more active, as owners would require more DIY info instead of relying on dealers. I can tell you, with my most recent dealer NSX experience, I would never take my NSX to a dealer again. At this point, I'm better off reading the forums, consulting the experts, and doing it myself. I mean, how hard is it to torque the cam cover bolts in order- they put it right in the manual! :D You would think that the European owners are even more in this boat and would thus need to rely on the forums more, but no.
That's certainly true for the US.

There's an additional problem in Europe. DIY is quite rare. The language might be a problem for some 50+. That's a problem joining forums and ordering parts. Big drawback! I guess that some owners gave up on the car and let it sit due to the reasons mentioned above. And some went with another car... As the car doesn't rust some of them end up for sale but nobody buys them (at the high asking price). Also different to the US.

FB is just a repetition of pictures and video all already know, very boring.

Hello...hello.....hello........hello

There's an echo in this forum that used to be full of folks. I admit I myself hardly post half as much as I used to, but I'm still sad and surprised to see the off topic forum go two of three days without a single post or reply.:confused:

The Socal forum is even worse....it goes weeks without any activity it seems.

Seriously where did everyone go? This place use to be hopping.

giphy.gif

BookFace, I think.........it's somewhat of a shame. :frown:

Yeah....I deleted Fakebook years ago and don't plan on going back, but it's just amazing to see the decline in activity on this site and the lack of drives that the socal community does anymore. Used to be one every other month, now you just don't have the community we once had.

This is kinda why I want to trade into a GT4 someday(besides it being an epic car) :redface:

I dont have Facebook. I probably will never will have one. Hahaha
I still rely on NSXPrime for any updates.

I use Tapatalk so NSXPrime is easy to access on my phone.

Sent from Samsung Note8

Peep ��....still check at least 3 times weekly

I'm still here! No Facebook, ever.

Alum - nice to see you around!

I'm still here too!
Hi Alum! Still use the key fob you gave me!
H-

Last edited:
I still enjoy sucking the marrow out of prime........:tongue:

I'm still here roasting my prime...

..............rib................

......what the mohel takes as compensation...........

I was really excited a few years ago to see so many NSX-Prime-color-looking Formula Red MAGA hats on tv, for sure I thought all the Make Automatics Great Again hype would drive lots of animated discussion traffic back to Prime.

Last edited:
My doctor apologized for the botched circumcision that left me impotent.

I told him no hard feelings.

Back