• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sales prices of NSX

I want to sell my 2000 NSX, 28k, and looked on Auto Trader and Cars.com at the prices. I was surprised-prices seem high. I have not found any comparables on NSX Prime.
Do you all think prices have risen since the announcement of the new NSX?

What are ranges for my car?

Thanks

There was a post earlier with a range of $41-49k - frankly, that seems optimistic to me, especially when 2002+ cars are changing hands for not much additional.

Starting from the bottom up, a regular NSX is $20-28k, an NA1 targa is $30-35k, NA2 targa is above that, 2002-2005 is 45-60k. Of course, this is assuming average cars, average condition, and average mileage.

A minty 2005 with low mileage may sell for $75-80k, a modified car may sell for a premium, etc.

There was a post earlier with a range of $41-49k - frankly, that seems optimistic to me, especially when 2002+ cars are changing hands for not much additional.

What's with the assumption that everybody finds the 02+'s more desirable?

When I was shopping, the 2000-2001's were the ideal year NSX's for me. The 3000gt headlights are not that appealing to me; however, I still wanted an NA2 and perforated leather was a huge plus.

OP, I doubt you will see a hard time getting 48-52k assuming its in great shape.

Starting from the bottom up, a regular NSX is $20-28k, an NA1 targa is $30-35k, NA2 targa is above that, 2002-2005 is 45-60k.
This sounds a lot like the pricing that buyers would LIKE to buy at, but you may have a hard time actually finding a car for those prices in peak season.

Just sayin..

*edit*
For the original poster, you may find this thread of interest - has a lot of price information on a fairly similar car to yours that sold fairly quickly: http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159334

Last edited:

When I was shopping, the 2000-2001's were the ideal year NSX's for me. The 3000gt headlights are not that appealing to me;

I felt the same way at one point and found an '01 with flip headlights. Now, I never thought I would, but I tired of those and am looking for an '05. Go figure.

prices posted on Autotrader.
Autotrader prices can be whacky, make sure you look at how LONG some of the cars have been sitting on Autotrader.

Just as an example, take these 2 cars:

Brilliant red/red 2005 - $69.7k - 18,000 miles
Nice red/tan 2003 - $79.9k - 13,000 miles

$10,000 more for a car that is two years older? Clearly this is a case of a dealership who is vastly overpricing what they have. They seem to believing their own bullshit when they say "this is by far the nicest NSX out there."

Last edited:
I am a recent new member of Nsx prime.I too have been more than just a little confused by some of the pricing out there.My wife and i are just about ready for a toy and she originally liked the sc430.Last year she sat in her first NSX(2004)at West end acura in Edmonton AB and she fell in love.I have always loved these cars and as long as momma is happy ,everyone is happy.Am now researching prices etc and it seems mints are in the 55000 to 70000 range(2002 to2005)Am i correct?Hard to tell online the condition as they are all"mint "according to sellers.Will be making a purchase in the future for the right dollar.Need to look more to determine what that is.

Autotrader prices can be whacky
All you need to do is to ignore the highest 10-20 percent of prices as wishful thinking on the part of sellers. The rest of the prices usually make sense and represent asking prices in the market. Actual sale prices are slightly less than asking prices. You can offer less than the asking price; it's reasonable to expect a price reduction of up to 5 percent to be accepted, or a counteroffer made.

Last edited:
Thanks.When it comes time to put down the money i will be seeking some help from some of the NSX Jedi's on prime for a assist.Keep your car covered and enjoy the ride. Pat

Starting from the bottom up, a regular NSX is $20-28k, an NA1 targa is $30-35k, NA2 targa is above that, 2002-2005 is 45-60k. Of course, this is assuming average cars, average condition, and average mileage.

A minty 2005 with low mileage may sell for $75-80k, a modified car may sell for a premium, etc.

Yea, this doesn't match anything I've seen except for a few exceptions (the NA1 prices are correct).

I've never seen a 95 go for 30K.

There are a couple red nsx's locally.91 and 93 for28500 and 38900.Not sure of the shape but like i said earlier its kinda hard to figure some of the prices.

What I found when I bought mine was the cars that are clean and priced right sell in days and sometimes even hrs. I waited 24hrs on 97 blue and it was already sold and the car I bought was from a wanted add on prime. It never even got listed.

I hear you there.I might have a line on a silverstone that may be for sale in the future.However i think his pricing will be at the very top end of my budget and probably no deal to be found.I guess i will just be patient and when the right one comes along just do it.Not allot of 2002 to 2005 for sale in Canada that are not priced in the 60 to 70 range though and i may have to go to the states to get a better selection.That is not the problem but without local knowledge and pitfalls to watch for i dont want to be taken advantage of by some shifty salesman.Will have to watch i guess and see what happens. P.S It would be nice to see what they got as opposed to what they asked.$

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Last edited:

When I was shopping, the 2000-2001's were the ideal year NSX's for me. The 3000gt headlights are not that appealing to me; however, I still wanted an NA2 and perforated leather was a huge plus.

OP, I doubt you will see a hard time getting 48-52k assuming its in great shape.

According to my unscientific poll it's a pretty even split between the popups and fixed headlights. Of course y'all know my preference. :D

I knew i wanted an NA2 and originally was looking for 02+ and ended up with a 2000. After bringing the car home i fell in love with the pop ups and im glad i got one. I also couldnt believe that my car was 1 of 28 considering black is a common color

Pat- if you are willing to do a bit of work, then importing from the US is by far the way to go- In My Opinion. The selection is better and prices are lower...almost certainly low enough to make the 6% duty, 5% GST, and other fees no problem.

I recommend you do a bunch of reading to see how others have done it, and post in the Canadian folder- your fellow Canucks can be quite helpful!

With a budget like yours, you can take the time to search in Canada and the US and find the right NSX, instead of any NSX.

Good Luck!
Fuji

I hear you there.I might have a line on a silverstone that may be for sale in the future.However i think his pricing will be at the very top end of my budget and probably no deal to be found.I guess i will just be patient and when the right one comes along just do it.Not allot of 2002 to 2005 for sale in Canada that are not priced in the 60 to 70 range though and i may have to go to the states to get a better selection.That is not the problem but without local knowledge and pitfalls to watch for i dont want to be taken advantage of by some shifty salesman.Will have to watch i guess and see what happens. P.S It would be nice to see what they got as opposed to what they asked.$

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

I've been using this site to keep track of the NSX market. Appears the prices have been going up.

http://www.vast.com/cars/make-Acura/model-NSX

I can corroborate. Here in VA we have the Personal Property Tax, which is tax you pay on stuff you already paid tax on, in order to keep it and pay more tax on it later. They base that number on KBB Low Trade-in, which went up from 2011 to 2012.

I've been keeping track sporadically, and have noticed that asking prices have increased in the past year or so for 04-05 models.

All the 04-05s with low miles seem to be going in the range of 70k-90k. They probably aren't getting 90k, but I have heard of at least one sale in the 75k range.

If you happen to pay attention to other highly desirable used cars (e.g. porsche 993s, toyota supra, etc.) they usually hold their value pretty well over the years. And almost all cars of this nature sell for a premium for the last one or two years of production (04-05 for the NSX). If you go back and look at Testarossas, the last two years command a high premium over the earlier models.

Last edited:
Autotrader prices can be whacky, make sure you look at how LONG some of the cars have been sitting on Autotrader.

Just as an example, take these 2 cars:

Brilliant red/red 2005 - $69.7k - 18,000 miles
Nice red/tan 2003 - $79.9k - 13,000 miles

$10,000 more for a car that is two years older? Clearly this is a case of a dealership who is vastly overpricing what they have. They seem to believing their own bullshit when they say "this is by far the nicest NSX out there."

I think this may have more to do with how much they paid for the car, or how much the owner is willing to set the asking price at if the car is on cosignment.

Either way, whoever is selling can ask whatever they want. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't. If it does, it does. People pay thousands of dollars for baseball cards simply due to the rarity of what is just a piece of paper. And those NSX owners who have had their ads up for months or maybe even over a year clearly aren't in a hurry.

Last edited:
Because I own an NSX, I like high and higher prices...:biggrin:

It's all good!

Back