• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sarasota Exotic Car Rally

Well guys the Sarasota Exotic Car Rally is coming up in February and I figured we might as well start a thread now. We had 6 cars go last year and had a great time watching the cars come in. There were the usual Ferrari's and Lambo's there but also MP4-12C's a Jaguar 220, 2 Bugatti's, Roll's and Bentley's and some truly exotic stuff. It's a smallish show but we got there early to watch the cars come in and have breakfast while listening to exhausts. Sooooo, I'm starting the thread and the list now.

http://www.sarasotaexoticcarfest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=76

1. Flabuf

Very cool...

Guys, you can add yourselves into this list - there's no money changing hands and no quotas/limitations for restaurants so have at it!

So far

1. Flabuf
2. Kookoo4NSX
3. Blacknot
4. HeySkippy

Are any of you planning on doing the drive and brunch on Sunday?

It a fun ride. I've done it the last couple of years and will do so again this year. Took part of our NSXCapades Sunday run from their map.

It's coming up quickly now. I'm thinking something like last year where we met at Starbucks and drove on over as a group early and had breakfast watching the cars roll in would be just fine. I'll be attending the rally/brunch on Sunday - if you chose to do so, make sure you have new tires, some of these guys take 'spirited' seriously.

http://www.sarasotaexoticcarfest.com/

Sounds like a challenge to me. You going to leave him out in the cold Shawn?

you guys are forcing me to finish Eric's car sooner LOL I hope he can make it, it he can go, I think I can find the time to go myself he can follow me in my NSX.

even though his has more HP than my 92. or does he?........ hmmmm.... sleeper car maybe..... I dont show people my engine for a reason.:smile:

SO,

To drive in the rally there is a $60 registration fee, is that correct Ole?

I might be able to make this. I will probably have my son with me

SO,

To drive in the rally there is a $60 registration fee, is that correct Ole?

I might be able to make this. I will probably have my son with me

You got it, Chris. It's always been a well done brunch and the rally/brunch ticket is $60.00/pp. I'll most likely be bringing my son too. If not, I'll have some gorgeous lady with me.

OK guys...

the show is this weekend coming. I won't be driving my silver bullet, but would be happy to join the group. Saturday at 8 AM at Starbucks on Fruitville Road and Honore - exit 210 for those taking I-75.

I may be there, there will be a custom color Red 91 NSX made by Extreme Motor Cars and myself its entered in the show. my name is on on the poster that will be in front of the car.
we hope it will be finished by friday. paint etc. I just finished putting in the motor and driveshafts had to be re-booted all thats left is installing the stereo, full interior needs to be installed
and Paint. we have been working night and day on this car to make the deadline. cross your fingers guys.

the rear of the car looks almost like an F-40

- - - Updated - - -

make sure you guys read the poster in front of the car. I am proud. there are Fine details on the car that are not going to be done since we are not fully done with the car but the main stuff will be done.

Last edited:
Jim,

Sorry about your father. If you want your Green Hornet to go to the show... Well my silver baby's in the shop and I'd be happy to take care of your car for you for the day.

Ole, if I had a key to the car in Sarasota I would take you up on it. Sorry though, you guys have fun.

I'm just glad I don't have my car here. 8 inches of snow today. :eek: I haven't seen snow in 15 years.

Back