• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SC NSX's ???

Are there any NSX's near Columbia, SC? I tried to look at the member's list, but couldn't figure out how to search by region. I just bought a 93 last month and the motor seems to have a slight knock from time to time. I'm afraid it may be a rod or wrist pin (funny that it comes and goes though). I was wondering if there are any NSX's close by that I could listen to for a comparison.

I will be going on July 24th on Friday and will take a look at it and let you know what I think. I run a performance shop for NSX only in Raleigh NC but will be moving my daughter back at the end of July. I also know that there will be at least one NSX at CMP this weekend and I just got it ready for the track If you want to meet up with the owner he will be picking up the car tomorrow and going down to the track(I will let him know). You can try and get a hold of Chris Wood a great NSX owner in Columbia. Hope this helps.

Steve
PRE

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I can't make CMP this weekend, will be in Charleston for Father's day. I'm goign to try to get it up on a lift and stethescope it. I've read a few threads on here about idler pullies wearing out and making an odd knock, so I'm crossing my fingers that it's something "simple" like that, and not a bottom end problem. I'll post a follow up and let you know what I find. Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies. I can't make CMP this weekend, will be in Charleston for Father's day. I'm goign to try to get it up on a lift and stethescope it. I've read a few threads on here about idler pullies wearing out and making an odd knock, so I'm crossing my fingers that it's something "simple" like that, and not a bottom end problem. I'll post a follow up and let you know what I find. Thanks again.

It you're going to be here (charleston) you can come by a listen to mine.
Where will you be staying? pm'd you

Was able to put the car on a lift and stethescope it, but the knock had gone away. Everythign sounded normal, so I'm 99.9% sure that's it's not a bottom end problem, which is good news. I'm going to keep an eye on it and pay close attention to the AC Idler.

+2 on the idler. perhaps the harmonic balancer?

If you need any help just shoot me a PM. I find myself over in Edenwood at least twice a week.

Hey everybody, just closing out this thread as I am :)frown:sadly:frown:) going to be selling my NSX soon -- The noise was just an LMA - nothing to worry about. Coming from a Corvette/Camaro type background, I wasn't really familiar with the way the VTEC motors sound.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I will offer the car to prime members first...

That's too bad we never got to meet.

I'm in the Harbison area... We're planning on making the drive to Orlando for the NSXcapades. Are you able to make it?

Dave

Irmo owner here. I don't see many NSX's around here and coming from a Ferrari I'm still hanging with the F guys. The local FCA is very active if any body wants to check us out.

Chad

Definetly sounds good! I remember talking to a guy that owned a 360 a few years back. He owned a matress company in west cola. It'd be cool to meet some new people.

Definetly sounds good! I remember talking to a guy that owned a 360 a few years back. He owned a matress company in west cola. It'd be cool to meet some new people.

You mean Buddy, yeah he still owns that 360. Very nice guy. The events are usually published in the NC/SC section on ferrarichat.com.

Back