• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

ScienceofSpeed Engine Hatches Back in Production!

enginehatch_HK_600.jpg

After some delay, we have the ScienceofSpeed Engine Hatches back in production! This is the only engine hatch that has been properly designed with a dedicated mold to produce a lightweight polycarbonate Lexan replacement that accurately replicates the factory glass hatch.

Other hatches sold by other manufactures are made by sandwiching a flat sheet of plastic between two factory hatches. This method does not work properly because the top of the bottom hatch forms the bottom of the plastic hatch, and the same for the top. This results in the part not fitting properly.

The hatches are offered plain, or with a FRP or carbon fiber duct.

We are offering a pre-order discount on both varieties: $100.00 off plain hatches, and $150.00 off ducted hatches until the end of this month (these discounts are good until 10/29. Delivery is expected in early November (except carbon duct models, which will be late Nov).

more information:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/engine_hatch/

take care,
-- Chris

IMG_3762.jpg

Last edited:
Can you post other angles, namely a head-on shot?
Also, is there a weight difference and do you expect this thing to seal against the weather?

Thanks

Last edited:
Can you post other angles, namely a head-on shot?
Also, is there a weight difference and do you expect this thing to seal against the weather?

Thanks

More photos here:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/engine_hatch/

This functions the same as the factory hatch as far as the seal. A duct model is of course open to the engine bay, however the engine bay itself is open to the elements.

Weights savings is about 14-15 lbs.

regards,
-- Chris

Can you all make a duct that looks like the I's impact one??

I'm sorry, we do not offer this, however, if the curvature of the I's duct is the same as stock, I'm sure it would work with our hatch.

-- Chris

Back