• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seat upholstery advice - to be or not to be?

I have a '96 NSX-T. Tan interior. Seats look worn. Any suggestions on what next. Buy new seats somewhere? Re-upholster? Any idea what I should do and what I'd pay? Both seats look faded with driver's side wear. The tan leather just looks like crap over 12 years.

go for it, but do it right!

www.leatherseats.com offer nice packages ~$550+. I don't recommend installing it yourself, as it's a rather involved job. Installation can be another $250-$350, depending on the skill-level/experience of the upholsterer.

www.nwautoleather.com also has nice NSX leather-interior kits.

If you already have a custom-interior shop in town, see if they can get you something from www.classicsofttrim.com or www.katzkin.com. Back in the day, they weren't up to par when compared to OEM quality/fitment, but now they've actually surpassed OEM. Both offer very nice, OEM-looking leather-interior kits, which can be customized to suit your tastes & preferences (ie. 2-tone, perforated, Alcantara/ultra-suede, contrast double-stitching, embossing/embroidery, piping, matching door-inserts & armrest/console covers, exotic materials/skins/fabrics, etc').

Last edited:
Re: go for it, but do it right!

www.leatherseats.com offer nice packages ~$550+. I don't recommend installing it yourself, as it's a rather involved job. Installation can be another $250-$350, depending on the skill-level/experience of the upholsterer.

I will second this. The seats came out great and the quality was top notch. However, I don't think my fingers ever healed correctly after doing it to this day. :tongue:

You simply cannot do better than leatherseats.com
I had them do the upholster work. Well worth it.

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:wink:

DSC02573.JPG

Back