• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seats-best bang for the buck options

My driver's seat is a bit worn and I tried the crack repair/dye method and wasn't that impressed by it(didn't last long). I've also heard negative comments about the leatherseats.com covers. So it sounds like I am left with either getting my seat recovered by a good upholstery shop(don't know of any in the Sacramento area) or buying new seats(Recaro, Sparco, etc.)

I did a search on seats but it didn't turn up much. The Recaro Speed's seem like a decent option as do something like the Sparco Fighter's. I also saw on someone's NSX site that they had installed some seats from Summit racing(Scat Procar's?). I would like to have the recline option but I think I could settle for a fixed seat like the Sparco Fighter. I know fitment can be an issue also so I don't want to buy something that is too wide(I saw the thread about those Chinese knocks offs and how one guy was having fitment issues).

So what is the general consenus on the best bang for the buck seats that fit in the NSX?

P.S. If someone happens to know a good upholstery shop in the Sacramento, CA area I'd like to hear about that as well.

I think the leatherseats.com stuff is fine, the installation is the key. Pay a professional to do it and you won't believe it is made by the same company that did some of the ones you see on here.

If you like the oem look I'd just go with a reupholstering of the stock seats. Leatherseats.com's product have always had a good rep here as long as you have a shop who knows how to handle their products. I'm not sure where you read the poor reviews on them.

If you want a good, reclinable race seat, I'd recommend what I did which is go with Integra Type R seats and recaro seat rails from SoS. They fit nicely, are not as narrow as full buckets, and they're oem quality. Only downside is they only come in red or black with red stitching, so you'll have to see if that goes with your interior.
n690446223_1692543_5194.jpg

Last edited:
I think the leatherseats.com stuff is fine, the installation is the key. Pay a professional to do it and you won't believe it is made by the same company that did some of the ones you see on here.

If I can find a good shop locally to do the install I may go that route.

If you like the oem look I'd just go with a reupholstering of the stock seats. Leatherseats.com's product have always had a good rep here as long as you have a shop who knows how to handle their products. I'm not sure where you read the poor reviews on them.

If you want a good, reclinable race seat, I'd recommend what I did which is go with Integra Type R seats and recaro seat rails from SoS. They fit nicely, are not as narrow as full buckets, and they're oem quality. Only downside is they only come in red or black with red stitching, so you'll have to see if that goes with your interior.

Hmm, black with the red stitching wouldn't be too bad in mine(black/ivory). I may look into this is as well.

Stick with what you know unless you want a radical change. I bought mine from a fellow NSX owner who had them made up with door cards etc for a project.

Attachments

• DSCN1078.jpg
    DSCN1078.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 133
Looks like I may order the leatherseats.com covers and have an upholstery shop do the install. That is unless I catch the weight loss bug and go with some lightweight race seats/rails.

I hate to sound like a broken record but,I can't think of a day where I would want to drive in a race bucket on the street for more that 30 minutes.Track yes,street nooooooo.

One of my previous street cars had race buckets. Didn't bother me at all although I must admit most of my trips were 30 mins or less.

n690446223_1692543_5194.jpg

What's the weight difference .. are they heavier than stock?

Back