• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seats group buy: interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW :eek:

statusredcarbonslider1.jpg

I saw that the other day. Status does really make some beautiful looking seats.

Very nice seats. If I ever buy one of these, I would rather not have the Status logo on it.

The idea is good but I really don't like Status seats. See a lot of them around our area and IMO they look cheap.

When I see Status, I think of F1 spec (local shop here in SF)

Turbo, you have such a nice car I can't imagine you putting these in there.

I've used solely either Brides or Recaro's in pretty much all of my rides and tried quite a few models in the s2000/NSX's cars. My favorite is Bride in the NSX and Recaro's in the s2000.

The idea is good but I really don't like Status seats. See a lot of them around our area and IMO they look cheap.

I've used solely either Brides or Recaro's in pretty much all of my rides and tried quite a few models in the s2000/NSX's cars. My favorite is Bride in the NSX and Recaro's in the s2000.

Maybe the Status seats doesn't like you? Lol :tongue:

That's a very general statement and unless you can give me specifics, it doesn't do a whole lot for me. I have been told the exact opposite. That they are VERY high quality by a whole number of people. Not just one person. I am sure everyone has an opinion. Even Recaro has people that don't like them. But unless we talk about facts this whole thread will turn into a bunch of personal opinions. Is there anything specific ou don't like about them?

Last edited:
I think they look hot, i still have reservations about getting in and out with the high thigh supports. I really think having a smaller wheel or quick release would be next on your shopping list

I think they look hot, i still have reservations about getting in and out with the high thigh supports. I really think having a smaller wheel or quick release would be next on your shopping list

X2 :wink:

attachment.php

shrugs

Dave,

Have you been able to ascertain if Status did\can reproduce the NSX-R seats as suggested earlier in the thread?

A carbon shell with leather\stitching options would be of interest.

When speaking to Status, can you ask if their replica accomodates the seat belt recess for left\right hand fitment

Thanx, Paul

will status reproduce nsx type r seats again?

Do you know for sure that status made an R replica seat and what it was called? They don't seem to know what I'm talking about.

Do you know for sure that status made an R replica seat and what it was called? They don't seem to know what I'm talking about.

Dave, I'm wondering if the orignal post was thinking of the Kite replica ... AFAIK, Frank bought the only set and has since sold them on ... rgds, Paul

Guys, I just want to point out one thing for everyone here interested in seats.

Keep in mind most seats look great in pictures but due to the NSX roof line and low entry position, even LOW bolsters is tricky to get into the car such as on my Bride Low Max seats. I am looking at some of the ones in these pictures and those are just NUTS unless you are a track/show car only. For DD I would stick to much lower bolsters just an FYI from personal experience.

cheers

I think the red carbon back seats with leather is $2000. Depends on what other options you get though

It's not going to be $2000 on my GB... I can tell you that for sure. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, I just want to point out one thing for everyone here interested in seats.

Keep in mind most seats look great in pictures but due to the NSX roof line and low entry position, even LOW bolsters is tricky to get into the car such as on my Bride Low Max seats. I am looking at some of the ones in these pictures and those are just NUTS unless you are a track/show car only. For DD I would stick to much lower bolsters just an FYI from personal experience.

cheers

True but also don't forget the bolster height isn't as much as it seems on OEM versus aftermarket. When I install the dali cushion on my stock seats the bolsters look huge! The bolster visual is based on the height of the cushion too. So the difference may not be as much as it looks like on photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, he was talking about the hockenheim.

Might be interested. Keeping an eye on this one.

I wanted to share my Wasp Carbon Fiber Status Seats that I just put in to my Integra Type R. I recently switched from my Recaros and I have to say these seats are more comfortable and I have driven from AZ to Socal twice and was fine for long drives and never really felt cramped or had any pains also keep in mind I am 6'1 185lbs..

integrastatus-2.jpg

integrastatus-3.jpg

integrastatus-4.jpg

STA-GTX-W-U-5.jpg

Also not sure if everyone saw this but this shows how Status makes their seats ..

It's not going to be $2000 on my GB... I can tell you that for sure. :D

- - - Updated - - -

True but also don't forget the bolster height isn't as much as it seems on OEM versus aftermarket. When I install the dali cushion on my stock seats the bolsters look huge! The bolster visual is based on the height of the cushion too. So the difference may not be as much as it looks like on photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, he was talking about the hockenheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back