• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seibon NSX-R carbon fiber wing spoiler review FINALLY!!!

So after trying to do research on the best nsx-r spoiler for the money, i decided to pull the trigger and gamble on the seibon TR (nsx-r) style wing

I told myself i would do a full write up review for all other members thinking about this spoiler since i could find no info on it here on nsxprime

I was going to go with VIS, but VIS was actually $60 more than the seibon and VIS's customer service sucks

I was looking into downforce, but the best I could find for the CF version was like $1200 plus shipping.

My boy Cesar at Nor Cal auto styles in fremont Northern CA hooked it up once again. Lowest Price that i could find shipped was $490 on ebay, and he managed to beat that picked up locally at his shop. So if you are in the bay area and need carbon fiber products, no one can beat his prices, he actually drives down to Seibon and Vis and hand picks all the products to make sure no defects, i figure thats better than gambling on shipping via internet sites.
Their number is 510-360-9999 if anyone is interested in using them.

I just picked up my spoiler today after it had been back ordered for over 3 months at Seibon. Wing came with a build stamp of 4/12/2012

So here are the pics and fitment

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

actually has foam surround to act as a gasket, and notice the wiring is coming out of the correct side!

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMAG1243.jpg

IMAG1246.jpg

The spoiler took about 5 minutes to install, took very little adjusting and all bolts lined up good

Im not sure about how the downforce fits, but with the seibon being 1/3 of price, I do not see anything wrong with it.

I dropped off the wing at my body shop to get an extra clear coat put on while the finish is still new. Should protect from yellowing or fading by putting a high grade automotive clear on it.

I did notice the LED light seems to be fairly cheap. I took the led housing off which is held on by 3 screws and added silicone to where the wiring came out of the plastic (from the factory, its a huge hole where the wire comes out, water would prolly find its way in there)

Last edited:
Did you install a connector to yours? I have Seibon, but haven't installed mine yet(Stock NSX looks so clean, but so does the type-r) but I do plan on installing a connector so I don't have to cut/splice my OEM wire.

Looks like you got one of the better fitting ones...
i thought so too.
when i had mine, well, it fit ok but wiring on the wrong side. 3rd brake light look cheap and the screw doesn't line up perfectly. anyway, it seems as though they made a bunch of correction for this latest build batch.

Looks good. Thanks for the info on Nor Cal Auto Styles.

Are those the G-Force wheels you picked up from A Spec?

Did you install a connector to yours? I have Seibon, but haven't installed mine yet(Stock NSX looks so clean, but so does the type-r) but I do plan on installing a connector so I don't have to cut/splice my OEM wire.

I dropped the wing off to have a clear coat added... ill do a write up of what im doing for the wiring later this week...

but what im thinking of, will consist of wire taps and some male/female spade connectors

Looks like you got one of the better fitting ones...

I think the newer ones are better made, fitment wise and quality... i find the same to apply to VIS as well... VIS hoods are better quality than seibon in my opinion. especially if bought within the last 2 years

Did you look into the NRG R wing? Curious to hear your thoughts. I thought it was of better quality and cheaper from my brief inspection. yours def looks good. im happy to have options.

Who sells the NRG wing? I've tried looking for venders but no one has a picture of it for me to be sure I'm ordering the right/proper wing.

I have seen the DF, Procar and Seibons wings installed and while the Seibons looks OK - it's not of the same shape, or fitment of the others. It is also much thicker in the rear and flatter compared to the bowed horizontal shape of the true type R (DF & Procar copied). However, it is also considerably cheaper. I think the smoked clear of the DF and Procar looks much, much better as well. But if you are looking for the Type R "look" and on a budget it is definitely an alternative option.

Did you look into the NRG R wing? Curious to hear your thoughts. I thought it was of better quality and cheaper from my brief inspection. yours def looks good. im happy to have options.

I bought a NRG carbon roof wing for my is250 and the mold was so off, it would bow in the middle and i could no install it flat on the rear glass. I ended up using some strong adhesive with weights on it while it dried to secure it... it only lasted a few days and then fell off

I am sure all their products differ since its a different mold, but i would stay away from nrg carbon products, stick with what they are known for, quick releases

The thing that bugs me about this wing is the fact that the edge towards the front end is not smooth. This picks up drag and pressure to lift the wing up.

I'm considering sandign it down from underneath. Thing it would work?

IMG_0051.jpg

Seems to be some quality here. I've always wondered about the Seibon wing, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. ::Thumbsup::

The thing that bugs me about this wing is the fact that the edge towards the front end is not smooth. This picks up drag and pressure to lift the wing up.

I'm considering sandign it down from underneath. Thing it would work?

IMG_0051.jpg

That's definitely not how a true R wing is. The front is much more extended, and Honda engineers made it that way for a reason. This is shortened to fit better into the factory groove instead of being above it, but I think that looks worse and it definitely does not have the same aerodynamic properties.

Can you take a measurement on the length of the 3rd brake light on that wing? It looks as if its slightly longer than typical...

That's definitely not how a true R wing is. The front is much more extended, and Honda engineers made it that way for a reason. This is shortened to fit better into the factory groove instead of being above it, but I think that looks worse and it definitely does not have the same aerodynamic properties.

Really?? I always thought the real type R wing with that extra piece that humps over looks like a design flaw. However if someone is really that worried about that little bit of drag/downforce wouldn't they get a bigger wing? Granted the Seibon may not fit perfectly but I would have to see actual proof that that little lip does something for the car? I am not saying your wrong, I just want to see real proof other than Daddy Honda knows best, for the longest time people thought that the spare tire was placed for added protection during a crash.

Ill measure the brake light tmrw... In the mean time, does anyone have pics of how the real r wing looks like at that part people are having issues with... Does the downforce one extend out or is it like the seibon

Back