• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling my NSX, getting a 348/355 - I think

MvM said:
He, don't mock the Lada.

I did not mock it, I just said Lada owners are often cool people :) Never driven one, so I can't say anything about it. Except that I have seen RWD Lada's doing burnouts on YouTube :biggrin:

My favourite teacher was a Lada owner and Vietnam vet. Lada owners are cool!

|Adeel said:
I did not mock it, I just said Lada owners are often cool people :) Never driven one, so I can't say anything about it. Except that I have seen RWD Lada's doing burnouts on YouTube :biggrin:

Hmm, what I remember is that the Lada (orange painted (literally) Lada 1200 to be exact) could me made to oversteer very very easy. And also that I seem to have had a flat tire (non tubeless) almost every month. And that that would cost me the equivalent of around 12 US$ to repair it again.
But, at the same time, there are some good memories. Like driving the loooong way at 40-50 mph from Amsterdam with two girlfriends in the middle of the night during a downfall, trying to see the road with those tiny wipers trying to wipe the water from the windshield.

MvM said:
Like driving the loooong way at 40-50 mph from Amsterdam with two girlfriends in the middle of the night during a downfall, trying to see the road with those tiny wipers trying to wipe the water from the windshield.

That reminds me of my 84' Mini. Tiny wipers that almost don't work.

blackna1 said:
Well, I dont know about that...really also depends on where you live. In Vancouver, BC, EVERY nsx I came across, driving on the street, or parked, have given a friendly gesture or a thumbs up, as long as they see me in my nsx.

As many of you may know, there are also MANY ferraris in Vancouver. Brian Jessel Ferrari was named the #1 Ferrari Dealer of North America many times before it stopped selling them, or someone else bought out the dealership. Anyway, these ferrari drivers in our area are just not as friendly... cocky, spoiled kids who has wealthy father.:biggrin: too bad but that is the truth here. F360 F430s all around the town, unbelievable.

cocky kids who has wealthy fathers....... well, i prefered my father has wealthy kids.:tongue:

eh do you have enough $ for a Ferrari? :biggrin:

if you do, than go buy one. Why do you need other people's approval?

do you ask someone if its ok to take a sh*t? get a pair and start making your own decisions.:biggrin:

RON98 said:
eh do you have enough $ for a Ferrari? :biggrin:

if you do, than go buy one. Why do you need other people's approval?

do you ask someone if its ok to take a sh*t? get a pair and start making your own decisions.:biggrin:

I was not looking for approval, I was planning on reading opinions.
But....I guess that doesn't happen here

get a 355...end of story. =)

Last edited:
I would not sell a NSX for a 348 the NSX is so much better in all ways. plus they don't look good there ugly! and there interior sucks but thats my point of view

Wow, I can't believe this thread made it to 3 pages!!! And I can't believe I actually read all of it!!! I'm a loser!

Oh well, seriously. Troll or not, who cares. I'm not here to play detective. My reply to you would be that as amazing as an F-car is (yes most, if not all...no hating here) I love the overall package of the NSX. For my money I don't think there are many better deals out there. Sorry for all the harsh talk Three48, unfortunately it is too be expected.

As a NSX owner/lover, I prefer to boost the NSX versus degrading another car, or for that matter person. Do what you want. It's your dough. If a Black NSX blows by you in Western NC...it was me!!! Hahaha. Just kidding. Best of luck.

P.S. - keep the NSX. ;)

94BlkNSXinNC said:
Wow, I can't believe this thread made it to 3 pages!!! And I can't believe I actually read all of it!!! I'm a loser!

Oh well, seriously. Troll or not, who cares. I'm not here to play detective. My reply to you would be that as amazing as an F-car is (yes most, if not all...no hating here) I love the overall package of the NSX. For my money I don't think there are many better deals out there. Sorry for all the harsh talk Three48, unfortunately it is too be expected.

As a NSX owner/lover, I prefer to boost the NSX versus degrading another car, or for that matter person. Do what you want. It's your dough. If a Black NSX blows by you in Western NC...it was me!!! Hahaha. Just kidding. Best of luck.

P.S. - keep the NSX. ;)

I can't believe it either (that it made it to 3 pages). And how many posts actually replied to my original question?

2...maybe?

I have made my decision for those of you who are interested.

I can't say that this site helped me though.

Thank you and good night

first of all anyone who calls a 348 or a 355 a poser Ferrari has clearly never driven one or doesnt know anything about them
the 355 is one of the most reliable including ones today Ferrari's out there
one of the best looking and handling as well also in my opinion the best sounding V8
the 348 is basically an older 355 close in reliability and very very fun to drive
honestly if u have the money to buy one and spend a little on maintanence buy a 355
also like picking out an NSX look for one that has been kept up to date

I've had a 348 for a few years now. Here is my take on the car.

While it doesn't have the refinement of the NSX, I feel Ferrari got the most important thing right: it's really a ton of fun to drive. The steering feel and cornering are excellent, and the sound at redline is wonderful. The air intakes just behind the quarter windows are close to the ear…and add to the music. I like the car’s simplicity; no power seats, airbags, traction control or audio system*, and as with the early NSX, no power steering.

Clearly it’s a personal thing but I love the 348’s looks. I also like the symmetry of the longitudinal engine layout. As with the NSX it benefits from different wheels or spacers to properly fill the wheelwells. A nice feature is that the stock coilover suspension offers continuously variable ride height adjustment.

I’d have a hard time choosing between the 348 and NSX, (and hopefully I won’t have to). If pressed I would say that it depends on how the car is to be used. If it’s more of a daily or regular use car I’d take the Acura. If it’s a weekend toy I’d opt for the Ferrari. In my case both have been occasional use cars, and for whatever reason I tend to put more kilometers on the Ferrari.

I don’t think either car deserves the outright dismissal and sharp criticism they occasionally get, either here or on other forums. Both serve up a lot of driving fun, and are very special cars for the money.

*I don’t think the 348 came with audio from the factory, rather it was left up to the dealer or aftermarket to install one. So far I haven’t been inclined to put one in.

Three48 said:
Thanks for more warm welcomes.

Remind :confused: me to ask you guys for more opinions in the future.

This is just fanstastic.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

What a great bunch of guys..

These happy faces are kind of neat:smile: :confused: :cool: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :wink: :eek: :mad: :frown: :redface: :tongue:

Is anyone else getting the impression that three48 is a pretty young person, say, 10-15 years old ?

Three48 said:
I was not looking for approval, I was planning on reading opinions.
But....I guess that doesn't happen here

Your on a NSX bulletin board, so your going to get some VERY BIASED opinions if anything.

The only thing you should really do, if you really DO own an NSX, is go check out the FErrari boards, and meets. Then, consider the 20-40k in depreciation, maintenance that youll spend each year on the Ferrari, and then make your mind up.

You guys are a bunch of losers....If I were to be Three48, I would get a 348 over Japanese hot car wannabe. All around, FEARariiiiii gets more blink factor!!!! All you NSX owners, go back into your garage and get a time out. sad.................sad.............sad......

I've had plenty of time behind the wheel of Ferraris. My family has had a 355 Spider F1, 360 Spider (manual) and a 575M Fiorano. My "poser" Ferrari comment has to do with the reason stated in the very first post of this thread about the reasoning for buying a Ferrari: to hang out with other guys that own Ferraris. And, to the NSX being a "poser Ferrari" comment that was made earlier in this thread; it was not until the 360 became available that there was a Ferrari that had anywhere near the quality of an NSX. Anyway, if I could afford it, I would have a Ferrari 430 but that doesn't mean I would sell my NSX.

Is there any way to delete this thread, or lock it, or something of that nature.

there is absolutely no value to the responses that have been posted.

Whoever is in charge of this website, please consider line one.

Why did 3 of my posts get deleted?

I think the other 100 that were not posted by me should be deleted.

I received a message saying "post deleted" with no explanation.

What is this all about?

Whoever sent the message, could you please clarify what is going on here?

It makes absolutely no sense and seems like a very weak attempt at something, but I don't know what.

I knew I never should have listened to friend about this site....

"check it out"
"everybody is so cool"
"it is fun"

What? You gotta be kidding me!

I bet you can guess who I am calling now...

Three48 said:
Is there any way to delete this thread, or lock it, or something of that nature.

Nope. You're SOL on this one buddy. :biggrin:

Three48 said:
there is absolutely no value to the responses that have been posted.

Come on, this thread hasn't even gotten started yet. Hugh hasn't given his input about why you shouldn't own a Ferrari! :wink:

Three48 said:
Whoever is in charge of this website, please consider line one.

There is no one in charge. This is a rogue web-site. :smile:

DocL said:
Nope. You're SOL on this one buddy. :biggrin:

Come on, this thread hasn't even gotten started yet. Hugh hasn't given his input about why you shouldn't own a Ferrari! :wink:

There is no one in charge. This is a rogue web-site. :smile:

Should I bring a box of kleenex to hand out to everybody?

I wonder what would happen if I went over to F-chat and posted a thread titled

"Selling my 348, getting an NSX - I think"

ILuvNSX's said:
I was with some NSX guys a few months back, they are just so passionate about their cars. I really enjoyed the company from a great group of guys.
I just don't get that with the Ferrari group.

Should I, or Shouldn't I???

What do you think would happen? :confused:

Three48 said:
Should I bring a box of kleenex to hand out to everybody?

No, but you could use them to wipe.

This thread is a toilet bowl- can you please quit stopping by to take another dump and finally just mind your manners and flush? :rolleyes: You apparently take your trolling very seriously, but is enough not yet enough?

Supposedly you have "made your decision", so good luck with your endeavor.

maybe you could grow up a little too.

Philip

Back