• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Service in New England

I normally use Acura of Boston and specifically request an NSX technician - the same one I have used for a few years. Go through Terry McCormack (he is the service manager).

They are a bit pricey (as are most Acura dealership service depts), but they do a good job - I even send my S2000 there.

It depends, do you want an oil change or a 90 K service. Anyone of these guys can do an oil change, they may not know how to close your hatch.

Tim Oliver, North Hampton Acura, NH. Speak with this guy once and you will be a convert. A bit far for you Boston guys. He is the only one at this small dealership that touches NSX's.

Private me if you want more reasons He is the best local guy.

------------------
Live Free or Die

Are you the one who bought the 9k mile Sebring Silver from Baystate Motorsports?

Your car only has 9k miles, what would you possibly need? j/k
wink.gif

Oh yes, if you just need an oil change or simple maintanence, I'll be happy to work on your car for free. (you supply the parts of course)

Just email me private. I'm around the Boston area.

Originally posted by Nimbus:
Oh yes, if you just need an oil change or simple maintanence, I'll be happy to work on your car for free. (you supply the parts of course)

Just email me private. I'm around the Boston area.

You've got mail...

Originally posted by Nimbus:
Are you the one who bought the 9k mile Sebring Silver from Baystate Motorsports?

Your car only has 9k miles, what would you possibly need? j/k
wink.gif

Yup.. that's me... unfortunatley the window dropped into the door on the driver's side... and I need help... any comments on Clair Acura in East Walpole?

I'm replacing the window regulator on
the driver's side and installing a Dali
window fix-it thingy on the passenger side...
and I'm feeling anxiety about leaving my
baby with strangers... am I alone in
this fear??

The following was posted to the Northeast NSX list today:

"I just wanted to write a note of thanks to the club and to Sunnyside Acura regarding fixing my 95 red NSX. Two years ago when I bought the car the check engine light came on after 2 tanks of gas. At this point, just getting my car I panicked and brought it straight into the Boston Acura dealer.

They determined that the car had a bad exhaust system and the cost would be somewhere around 4-5K. They said the code read bad 02 sensor or bad catalytic converter. They said the safest way to handle this was to replace everything behind the headers.

Of course I balked at this and ask for the car back. Since that time in 1999 I have been trying to work with Boston Acura to find a more reasonable solution. About a year later I joined NSXCA Northeast and starting meeting people with great knowledge of the car. I also had a very good mechanic and personal friend that knows Honda and worked with me.

In then end, I thought anyway, I would have the dealer replace the 02 sensor ONLY as this was the simplest thing to do and if it did not work I could go for a more expensive solution. Also Boston agreed to cover this under warrantee.

Well....they took the car for 3 days and never even ordered the part. The car just sat there before our summer club event to Lime Rock. So to make the club event I took the car back and said call me when the part comes in.. (this was getting ridiculous especially since I was told on the phone 3 times it would be ready)

In short, they never called me back even after 2 weeks.

About this time I met Jim at the dinner after Lime Rock and described what was going on. He told me to call him and get set up with their mechanic. I did this the next week.

The car also had a service bulletin out about radio static and these two things WERE related.

The Boston dealer said at the time it was in the shop that it was only the speakers and had nothing to do with the service bulletin. This too was the 2nd time I brought the car in for servicing the radio (2 years of dickering).

In conclusion.....It turned out that the problem stemmed from bad coils (both dealers had access to the bulletin by the way).

Sunnyside replaced all the coils, the radio never sounded so good and to this point the check engine light has not come back on and the car has more low end torque.

I want to thank Jim, the club and Sunnyside for all the help and contacts to get this thing back to better than new.

THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS!

Peter Megdal"

That's a great testimonial... I just got
my car back from Acura of Boston.. and I
have to say I am disappointed... I had
3 requests:

i) Install the new regulator in
the drivers side - window when
raised is slow...

ii) Install aftermarket rims... they
claimed 1 of 4 rims had spacers.. I looked
at them and none of them have spacers...
btw... I bought them from another 91 nsx
owner..

iii) They refused to install the
fix-it thingy...

I guess a drive to New Hampshire is next...

Spike,

If you go to Sunnyside, make sure you visit Jim Smith, the used sales manager. He is the person at Sunnyside responsible for helping with the annual NH event. He is a good guy. If you run into trouble he is always able to get things done.

Rich

------------------
Live Free or Die

Back