• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Settle or keep looking?

Hi guys,

Been lurking on these forums for a couple years now, but just recently started looking more actively. Big Honda enthusiast and previous owner of 2 S2000s (2001 & 2006, both GPW). Growing up in Hamilton, NSXs are pretty rare but I've been noticing a more and more, especially an '02+ Imola.

Ideally I would like a '97+ GPW, with low mileage and mint, but watching the market for the last couple months, they are slim to none. It doesn't help that I am pretty OCD on what I'm looking for. The only thing that came close so far was the '92 GPW at Acura on Brant. Would've gotten a great deal because my cousin knows the sales manager and they wanted to get rid of it, but passed cause I really want a '97+. Needless to say, big regret.

So, what I want to know is, should I hold out until I find something that meets my standards or just settle with the best available NSX? Starting to get antsy even though I won't be able to drive it until next season, but I would like to start working on it over the winter.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

Kenny

Sorry Kenny, there were no GPW sold in Canada during the 97-05 MY....Down South there were some GPW sold, but as Warren pointed out they are few in numbers.

You should have grabbed the 92 from Brant....keep checking on Prime, in the For Sale section, GPW do come up for sale.

This site is a full of information on the NSX, so start reading.

Bram

Kenny
you have less than 500 GPW cars ever built to choose from.
check
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers
you can then make up your own mind on what you want.
for a specific car, you will need to be very patient.

Patience have never been one of my strengths. And by the looks of that chart, only 65 cars match my criteria.

(fingers-crossed) I find something sooner than later.

I'm very glad you passed on the GPW at Acura on Brant.

:p

Because I'm enjoying it very much!!

Funny thing is, I have a rental property in Niagara-on-the-Lake, when I was down there in August I saw a white NSX with the "Acura on Brant" frame around the plate and my heart dropped.

Last edited:
Sorry Kenny, there were no GPW sold in Canada during the 97-05 MY....Down South there were some GPW sold, but as Warren pointed out they are few in numbers.

You should have grabbed the 92 from Brant....keep checking on Prime, in the For Sale section, GPW do come up for sale.

This site is a full of information on the NSX, so start reading.

Bram

Willing to travel anywhere in North America for the right car, it just hasn't popped up yet...

I've got the site bookmarked on my laptop and phone, slowly but surely taking in as much as I can.

Last edited:
Keep looking. Took me 3 years to locate a 97-01 gpw that I wanted. Once I found it, I jumped on it like flies on shiet and got it.

I feel for you...

Every year that passes the "good" NSX examples continue to become more and more rare.

You are looking for a highly coveted color for a NSX and a small pool of cars sold as noted above. This is a recent phenomenom as clearly history states that white was never a strong selling color for the NSX.

You'll just have to be patient and wait. I'd also place a wanted ad on Prime in the event you get someone who is wishing to sell.

At least you are not searching for an Imola (even rarer) or a Zanardi (good luck!)...

You are on the right track, and be patient one will turn-up.

Bram

Thanks!

a very good prospect being a highly desirable 2000...
the 2000 and 2001 cars really are the only car I would consider to replace mine.
there is also a 1992 in Swan Hills AB. (but automatic)
and another GPW in Calgary
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/NSX/CALGARY/Alberta/5_11117107_20070221112858031/
oops... It sold
the 2000:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154639

I've been keeping my eye on that one, good price and looks to be overall in good condition. A couple things are deterring me though, the touch-up/dent and the slightly high mileage. Don't get my wrong I know its low compared to normal cars, but my '01 and '06 S2000 had 38xxx km and 25xxx km respectively before I sold them earlier this year (2011)

Keep looking. Took me 3 years to locate a 97-01 gpw that I wanted. Once I found it, I jumped on it like flies on shiet and got it.

Good to know they exist and I'm not searching for a unicorn.

I feel for you...

Every year that passes the "good" NSX examples continue to become more and more rare.

You are looking for a highly coveted color for a NSX and a small pool of cars sold as noted above. This is a recent phenomenom as clearly history states that white was never a strong selling color for the NSX.

You'll just have to be patient and wait. I'd also place a wanted ad on Prime in the event you get someone who is wishing to sell.

At least you are not searching for an Imola (even rarer) or a Zanardi (good luck!)...

I don't know why I like white cars, but since I was 16 they've all been that way. Just very clean-looking.

I do have a contact with an '05 Imola CTSC, but no Zanardi though.

Hey I understand the White color love...Honda made the Type R in Championship White for a reason.

You'll find one and the second you do you'll know its the right one to move on. Just try not to be too overly picky...these cars can run to upper mileages without any issue. Read up on Hugh and Charlotte...!

Funny thing is, I have a rental property in Niagara-on-the-Lake, when I was down there in August I saw a white NSX with the "Acura on Brant" frame around the plate and my heart dropped.

I'm sorry. If it's any consolation I'm very much an enthusiast, will not be doing tasteless modifications, and the car is LOVED. Like yourself I spent a great amount of time waiting for the money situation to be right and for the right car to come up. The NSX has been my dream car for 15 years or so.

Does anyone have any ideas about how many pre 97 GPW there are in Canada?

Take your time in finding one and have patience. I like you was only looking for an 02GPW and above and being from Vancouver Canada studied the production numbers and inquired as to any in Canada. Place a WTB add with my requirements and found one in San Fran area. Flew down to see that one and a couple more than had been upgraded to 02 specs. Took my time in making a decision and received my 02 Supercharged GPW back in March. Was 90% up to my standards but I have had to put some work into it.

I replaced the tan interior to black, removed the wheels the previous owner had, added a better suspension, repainted the front bumper and some other small parts and still working on it.

I had to wait about 2 years to get what I wanted but in the end I have my dream car and doing it up the way I wanted is a joy to do. This forum really helped me out alot. Be patient and one will come up.

Cheers and GLWS- JRNSX

Thanks, but as stated above I'm pretty picky when it comes to mileage so I'll just continue watch the price drop as it has been over the last couple months.

Not sure if this one has hit your radar: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2731373599.html Seems to fit your bill, but not too much info in that ad.

*not affiliated with that car, just a junkie who constantly surfs for NSX sales*

Wow, thanks!

Car looks great, gonna send him an email now. Any idea if he's a Prime member?

Take your time in finding one and have patience. I like you was only looking for an 02GPW and above and being from Vancouver Canada studied the production numbers and inquired as to any in Canada. Place a WTB add with my requirements and found one in San Fran area. Flew down to see that one and a couple more than had been upgraded to 02 specs. Took my time in making a decision and received my 02 Supercharged GPW back in March. Was 90% up to my standards but I have had to put some work into it.

I replaced the tan interior to black, removed the wheels the previous owner had, added a better suspension, repainted the front bumper and some other small parts and still working on it.

I had to wait about 2 years to get what I wanted but in the end I have my dream car and doing it up the way I wanted is a joy to do. This forum really helped me out alot. Be patient and one will come up.

Cheers and GLWS- JRNSX

I hear ya man, I really have my heart set out for an '02+ GPW. I just expanded my search to '97+ because it added a little more selection but I think I'm just going to hold out and keep looking.

Plus with announcement of the new NSX I'll probably buy something to keep me entertained for the next 24 months until I can place a deposit on it.

As of this morning, this car came back on the market from its new owner...

Seems he may have taken the new posts down...he (Jati) is looking for $120K if you can pony up that much...

but for it, you get a one-of-a-kind very special car that will run circles around most modern day exotics.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61106

As of this morning, this car came back on the market from its new owner...

Seems he may have taken the new posts down...he (Jati) is looking for $120K if you can pony up that much...

but for it, you get a one-of-a-kind very special car that will run circles around most modern day exotics.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61106

The posts must've been taken down. Don't see anything with regards to the sale.

buy mine, but my gpw is now champion white:biggrin:

PM sent.

Anil's coupe conversion car is long sold to another enthusiast.

The problem with White NSX's is that there aren't many made for +02 and up. You are looking at only 22 manuals and 2 automatics between 02 and 05.

Anil's coupe conversion car is long sold to another enthusiast.

The problem with White NSX's is that there aren't many made for +02 and up. You are looking at only 22 manuals and 2 automatics between 02 and 05.

Yeah, I thought I saw him post pics it being loaded but onto a car carrier.

And, I sorta already knew what I was getting into with the white NSXs. I just like a little challenge I guess.

There's this one if you really regret not snagging mine.
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155473

He sent me a PM already. Looks like a really clean car, but at that price I could've bought your car plus saved the 6% duties and shipping headaches.

Looks like a really clean car, but at that price I could've bought your car plus saved the 6% duties and shipping headaches.

You can pay a broker to arrange it all for you. I used Dilas brokers out of Calgary when I imported mine and didn't need to do anything for duties etc. Simply waited for the car to arrive.

Back