• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Setup: guess who?

So I'm watching Setup on Speed and halfway through the the first segment who do I see? Does Ashley have the market cornered on all the car shows? Bull Run doesn't interest me one bit, I just saw her on the advertisement for it. But you know, this show actually seemed interesting to me, but if I have to see her every segment, forget it. :rolleyes:

I saw the show. A bit on the numb side. I guess Ashley is the woman that introduced the sponsors, right ? who is she and why would she turn you off ?

So I'm watching Setup on Speed and halfway through the the first segment who do I see? Does Ashley have the market cornered on all the car shows? Bull Run doesn't interest me one bit, I just saw her on the advertisement for it. But you know, this show actually seemed interesting to me, but if I have to see her every segment, forget it. :rolleyes:

I didn't know her for the first 2 episodes. I bought it as "oh, ok, strange that I've never heard of this apparently long-into-racing person".

Then the 3rd episode comes out, and it's cut to show her flirting with Rhys Millen ... and it's downhill from there.

Anyhow, look for some familiar names,

-- Jeremy Croisset (won the first 3 races, almost finished last in the last episode but saved it with some excellent driving).. Races Honda-Challenge, is the So Cal Honda Challenge director.

Famous quote: "Learn how to race, autocrosser!" to Ron, after Ron hit Jeremy in the last race causing Jeremy to get black flagged (ha!!).

-- Ron Bauer, lots of national autocross accolades, including some places in an Integra Type R, and some wins later. Had been racing a Solstice at some point. Currently also racing Spec Miata in the Northwest. Has been silently placing 2nd/3rd in the first 4 races.

My money is on one of these two guys winning. They don't seem to be getting along very well though. Ron's got gamesmanship, but Jeremy seems like the hot shoe.

Anyhow, if you can get past Ashley, and the fact that the races have what seem to be competition yellows and arbitrary rule enforcement, it's fun to watch!

-Chris

Back