• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

She's Changed So Much Over the Last 3 Years

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
14 October 2002
Messages
1,335
Location
Centreville, Va
I took the first picture the day after I got my NSX in November of 2001. The second picture was taken last weekend. Day and Night difference!
6554housensx-med.jpg
6554P1060826-med.jpg
 

MJK

Legendary Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
23 April 2003
Messages
3,106
Location
Tucson
Nice pics!

Did you paint the lower front grille opening black? It looks much better that way. The CF air intakes look good also. IMO, you need an RM lip and smartenna to complete the look of the car.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
14 October 2002
Messages
1,335
Location
Centreville, Va
White94 said:
Nice pics!

Did you paint the lower front grille opening black? It looks much better that way. The CF air intakes look good also. IMO, you need an RM lip and smartenna to complete the look of the car.

Mark,

When I got my car the lower bumper had been scratched pretty bad from the previous owner so I installed a new one. I was just that anal. So yes I had the lower part painted that way! I think it looks so much better too:) I have a smartenna, but was listening to the broadcast at the Track when the picture was taken! The RM Lip looks awsome on my car, I've got to order a new one though. My last one survived my first AutoX and then 3 weeks later I had a "track off" at Talladega and it broke into pieces. I learned my lesson about track days in the rain. :wink:
 

MJK

Legendary Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
23 April 2003
Messages
3,106
Location
Tucson
AH, TRACK broadcast - mystery solved.
I thought you must have had a smartenna, but then the only way it would up is if you were listening to the radio. I've been to Talladega, so I KNEW that wasn't the case. ;)


That is a hell of a good idea on the painting, I might have to check that out. Honestly, its been so long since I've seen the car that I forget which way it is currently. :p

EDIT, I am NOT crazy (or admitting it in this thread)! I checked some pics, and mine is black the same way yours is in pic #2. I am 99% sure it is OEM too. Weird.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
4 March 2002
Messages
109
Location
Central PA
what mods do you have to run that fast? pretty impressive.

I would imagine headers, exhaust, intake and gears. What else? (or is that maybe it)?



John McCain Racing said:
1997 NSX GPW #27 N/A 12.66 @ 113.2
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
14 October 2002
Messages
1,335
Location
Centreville, Va
Scot said:
what mods do you have to run that fast? pretty impressive.

I would imagine headers, exhaust, intake and gears. What else? (or is that maybe it)?

Comptech Headers
Comptech Test Pipes
Taitec GT Lightweight
Dali CF Big Gulp Intake
Dali CF #4 Intake Tub
RC Engineering B & B OEM Injectors
Exedy Hyper & Light Flywheel
OS Giken Super Lock LSD W/ 4.40 R & P

Lots of weight reduction and a good driver! :biggrin:
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
14 October 2002
Messages
1,335
Location
Centreville, Va
S2NSX said:
Do you know or have a rough idea of how much weight she lost?

Last weigh in was 2880lbs without a driver with a 1/2 Tank of gas. The Stock Curb Weight is 3164lbs.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
14 October 2002
Messages
1,335
Location
Centreville, Va
S2NSX said:
:eek: that some pretty serious diet! Care to share which parts she lost? :biggrin:

Hmmm...Where to start! Here's a list of things removed or replaced that helped with the Dali Craig Weight Loss Program.

NO Spare or Bracket
NO Windshield Wipers, Motor or Tank
Odyssey 545 Race Battery
Tein RA's
Volk CE28N's 17/17
Exedy Clutch & Flywheel
Comptech Headers
Comptech Test Pipes
Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust
NO Tool Kit
NO Trunk Liner
Dali Racing CF Type-R Wing
Dali Racing CF Side Vents
Dali Racing CF Intake Pieces
NO Floor Mats
NO Engine Cover (Targa Clam)

I'm not done yet either!
 
Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
25 March 2005
Messages
621
Location
Randolph NJ
thats very nice, keep up the good work with it...if you change the color then it will be VERY different then from when you first got it
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
27 October 2004
Messages
2,854
Location
CA
John McCain Racing said:
NO Spare or Bracket
NO Windshield Wipers, Motor or Tank
Odyssey 545 Race Battery
Tein RA's
Volk CE28N's 17/17
Exedy Clutch & Flywheel
Comptech Headers
Comptech Test Pipes
Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust
NO Tool Kit
NO Trunk Liner
Dali Racing CF Type-R Wing
Dali Racing CF Side Vents
Dali Racing CF Intake Pieces
NO Floor Mats
NO Engine Cover (Targa Clam)

Do you by any chance know current weight of your NSX?

You have so many weight reduction items. Volks Racing CE28 must have trimmed quite a few lbs of rotational mass compare to oem wheels.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
2 July 2003
Messages
1,436
Location
Virginia Beach
wow.. i think i'm the same way...

when I got my car it was a little sad.. silver car with yellow brake calipers and some really ugly stickers in the cabin of the car..

now it's a track rat just like you...

although the scca sticker on the side of yours makes me wonder.. being anal about your car aren't you a little timid of a little 'bump n grind'?

x
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
14 October 2002
Messages
1,335
Location
Centreville, Va
VBNSX said:
now it's a track rat just like you...

although the scca sticker on the side of yours makes me wonder.. being anal about your car aren't you a little timid of a little 'bump n grind'?

x

The only thing my NSX hits is ORANGE CONES when I AutoX with the SCCA here in Alabama:) The cone juice washes right off with a bit of elbow grease and the scuffs buff right out! When I do track events they are always well organized and very safe with "passing zones" so the 'bump n grind' has yet to happen. I hope it never does! :biggrin:
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
5 March 2003
Messages
3,300
Location
N. Tx
Great car. Congrats. I always read your threads with admiration since I have a NSX-T that is mainly a track rat. I and my car are on a weight loss diet too. :smile:
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
2 July 2003
Messages
1,436
Location
Virginia Beach
John McCain Racing said:
The only thing my NSX hits is ORANGE CONES when I AutoX with the SCCA here in Alabama:) The cone juice washes right off with a bit of elbow grease and the scuffs buff right out! When I do track events they are always well organized and very safe with "passing zones" so the 'bump n grind' has yet to happen. I hope it never does! :biggrin:

ahh.. i thought you were in the SCCA racing on road courses..

gotcha.

x
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
14 October 2002
Messages
1,335
Location
Centreville, Va
VBNSX said:
ahh.. i thought you were in the SCCA racing on road courses..

gotcha.

x

That actuallly was a SCCA Event at The Talladega Grand Prix Track. I can't enter Solo1 Events due to no roll cage, but I did work the race both days and actually got more track time than the people that entered the event! You just have to know how to work the angles sometimes.:biggrin: The best part...I got free lunch, some beers after and didn't pay a dime! I love that program:)
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
27 October 2004
Messages
2,854
Location
CA
Do you know the weight and off set of your CE28N? They look great!

I am about to pull the trigger and order a set of CE28N or LE28N, I am leaning towards 16/17 set up for maximum weight saving. is it a over kill? what is your opinion on 16/17 vs 17/17?

I think I will be much more happier with 17/17 as they look so much better.

Thanks in advance
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
14 October 2002
Messages
1,335
Location
Centreville, Va
nsxsupra said:
Do you know the weight and off set of your CE28N? They look great!

I am about to pull the trigger and order a set of CE28N or LE28N, I am leaning towards 16/17 set up for maximum weight saving. is it a over kill? what is your opinion on 16/17 vs 17/17?

I think I will be much more happier with 17/17 as they look so much better.

Thanks in advance

The fronts are 17 x 8 with 235's and the rears are 17 x 9.5 with 265's. I think the offsets are 38mm in the front and 40mm in the rear, but I'm not positive. I can't read the stickers on the inside of the wheels right now due to all the brake dust! The fronts are the "high pad" as MJ calls them so they will clear larger brake rotors. I went with the 17's in the front and rear for the weight and the fact that I can go with a BBK later. The fronts weigh 15lbs and the rears are 15.5lbs.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
14 October 2002
Messages
1,335
Location
Centreville, Va
NSXLuvr said:
Great car. Congrats. I always read your threads with admiration since I have a NSX-T that is mainly a track rat. I and my car are on a weight loss diet too. :smile:

Thank You! :biggrin: What all have you done to drop the weight on your NSX? Maybe I missed something!
 
Top