• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shift knobs

I ended up getting my dad the SOS rapidshift in satin finish for father's day. Installed in a snap, and it's awesome, reminds of my S2000.

"better late than never" here's a pic of the Gruupe M :)
Aaron

Attachments

• cars 018nsx.jpg
    cars 018nsx.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 342
Anyone know if the 'other' SoS NSX-R type knob (the non titanium one) has the 6-speed pattern on it?

That 'non titanium' metal is aluminum. Perfectly appropriate metal for an NSX, in my opinion. Especially since the interior is devoid of much metal - it reminds one of the elegant metal from which an NSX is hewn.

I got one of these 'non titanium' ones - why pay the big bucks for titanium, to me that is just sophistry - and I love it. The feel is great, and as the SoS website says, it is the lowest riding shift knob available. It is so low, that it makes a shortened shifter unnecessary. (IMHO)

Last edited:
just bought this combo

AaronR said:
"better late than never" here's a pic of the Gruupe M :)
Aaron

Thanks to this picture, and the fact that my console has been torn apart the last week due to an OEM Head Unit swap fiasco (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18989).

I've also taken the plunge and violated the near-stock nature of my car.

My only concern is whether or not the NSX-R boot will clash with an otherwise stock interior, since nothing else in the interior of our cars has carbon fibre? Aaron, can you comment?

It doesn't clash at all. In fact most people don't even notice it has changed (probably becuase it looks so stock) and fites the same as stock. Also 100% suggested :)
Aaron

I'm using the spoon knob, looks like this (black one):

SP-SK.GIF

Sorry no pics of the knob on the car, but it works great. The knob is made from some weird plastic, so it doesn't heat up in the sun.

Dustin

Back