• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shoe products for seat "dye"

I purchased the availble everywhere KIWI black noir "color shine" polish which was posted about earlier on my black 92 drivers side bolster. It worked very well however i haven't seen the critical application technique stated: I did an area about the size of a dime at one time. The dye dries in about 1 second so you have to have a small damp piece of cloth ready to smear and remove about 3/4 of the product before it dries. This takes the unwanted shine away and gave me a perfect match. Smear it and take it off as soon as you put it on. In fact i tried a majic marker and it was almost as good when using this paint and remove scheme. If you just have a bunch of white lines from partial cracking, a thin black marker takes care of them without "painting" the whole area.

I did this on an old integra I once had, looked good for a week or so...

I did this on an old integra I once had, looked good for a week or so...

It makes sense that the dye that is sitting atop the still urethaned areas would wear off. Thats fine, but i think the cracked whitish areas should retains the dye (?). I used to do this with shoe polish dye on Harley seats and my recollection is it worked well, but that was many moons ago. I'll report back if it goes bye bye.

Just have it repaired. My local dent wizard offers this and dose a fantastic job just had my Audi done. $60 good as new and can't tell it had a 2" rip in the drivers seat.

You can also go to a local professional paint supplier and have them give you a can of vinyl dye. Worked great on an old Mercedes I once had with gray leather.

Personally, I'd be hesitant to put shoe polish on my seat.

You can also go to a local professional paint supplier and have them give you a can of vinyl dye. Worked great on an old Mercedes I once had with gray leather.

Personally, I'd be hesitant to put shoe polish on my seat.

Many of us have tried leather dye and it hasn't looked good at least for me. To me it's about finding a product that does not require you to do a whole panel, and matches perfectly. The shoe polish works as you can get it to dye the white areas only. To me thats much safer than using a dye and doing whole panel. Just my experience.

Back